Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Quote from: Square Ball on July 18, 2007, 09:13:02 PM
I know the da, is Conor a lazy big shit like is da? All the talent in the world, but needed a good kick up the backside to get him started, thon big lollopy languid stride of his.

Aye the young fella seems to be a carbon copy, probably doesent have the same talent.

Whitehair

Downs first get together was last night(tue) with 16 turning up, county board members were ringing asking for players to go tonight, even not to play but to make it look like a panel. Slight difference in preparation from antrim who had 24 at a meeting the other nite, with 4 excused! :-\

theskull1

Jesus lads, go easy on big jackie. A great character of the game who had his flaws yes (let he who is without flaws cast the first stone  :-\) but on his day he was unstoppable. Hard not to like the big man.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on July 18, 2007, 10:51:03 PM
Jesus lads, go easy on big jackie. A great character of the game who had his flaws yes (let he who is without flaws cast the first stone  :-\) but on his day he was unstoppable. Hard not to like the big man.

I dont think anyone is being too hard on Big Jackie, its all a bit of craic

johnneycool

Even though he's cut lumps out of me (probably deserved it  ;) )I'd be incline to side with skull, he may of gurned in your ear for the full hour but always shook hands at the end and that was that. The way it should be IMO.

Has he got a young fella in and around the 20 mark? fecking hell you start breeding early up there.

Ruairi Og exile

JC..Conor is on the minor team..he's arounf 17/18. Wouldnt have the same talent as big Jackie who in his prime was a super hurler & as skull said a great character...never a dull moment with big jack about

Balboa

I see the good doctor (John Mc Sparran) was castigating GAA websites today in the Irish News, players/management being criticised by name, he said this kind of "nonsense" has to stop. Maybe his first port of call should be the official North Antrim GAA website, some of the stuff they have allowed on it in the past has been disgraceful.

Square Ball

TheSkull1

wasnt getting at Jackie at all and I am sorry if it has come accross as that, a very talanted hurler indeed and a gent as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Whats the craic with the Christy Ring next year Do Laois and Antrim have to playoff or are Laois gone straight down?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

aontroim

LL Laois and Dublin have to playoff to decide who goes down into the CRC - Antrim were safe as they didnt finish bottom of 1A.

girt_giggler

Due to the tragic circumstances in Kilkenny - if their senior match is called off would it be the case that the minor match is also?

aontroim

Just heard that all 3 games have been called off. Will now be played on Saturday week.

slow corner back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 19, 2007, 05:18:01 PM
Whats the craic with the Christy Ring next year Do Laois and Antrim have to playoff or are Laois gone straight down?

I read somewhere else on here that there is no relegation from the Liam McCarthy this year and no promotion from the Christy Ring

Big Bob

Anyone got any news on the Cushendall v Ballycastle championship match due to be played on wednesday? Now that the Antrim Minor match has been put back to next weekend, will this match also be changed. I don't think the minor manager will let his players play on wednesday night if they are playing on saturday week. Maybe the Cushendall v Ballycastle match will now be played this sunday.

milltown row

in a poor enough game last night we edged out Lamhs by 2 points. game was spoiled by niggling frees and (i hate rereree bashing) a poor referee. thought Lamhs had it won and with ten to go were 4 up and looking good, they then had two men sent off, one harshly the other (Micko) for slabbering.

on this showing we would need to improve for Dunloy, but were still there hopefully Lamhs could do us a turn in their remaining games, as they are still a strong enough outfit