Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

Karl Stewarts action was that of a lad who simply doesn't want to play hurling but couldn't be bothered telling anyone.

Agree with minder big Carson done well in the end and should have had few scores in first half

Didn't realise dall had lost as many

manballandall

If Karl didn't want to play then why would he have went back. He was off the panel and had given his reasons so didn't need to. A Silly action today by karl and obviously one that hadn't much though put into it, bit like your statement saffron. 

Onion Bag

Sorry for hijacking the thread lads, can anyone tell me the full management team for Antrim senior hurlers? Cheers
Oh and sorry where they are from?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

saffron89

Could have easily cost Antrim dearly. He couldn't be bothered. This way it takes Him out of playing for a while.  Some of these guys invent reasons.  Ultimately they couldn't be bothered.  He has a lot mileage on the clock just come out and say it as opposed to having to be asked.  I know many of the panel were very annoyed and that's down to lack lustered approach from him all year. I have no doubt his cheer leader will rally in behind him though.  Good to see young talent like Casey and Clarke getting run out

See dick was the side kick
Where is pj senior thought he was involved

manballandall

Right, just so I get your story right. Karl gave up 2/3 nights a week for past few weeks after rejoining the panel, travelled to mullingar to playin the championship just so he could get sent off with a straight red, and all because he couldn't be bothered telling someone he didn't want to play. Even from you saffron that is a bit silly.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on May 05, 2013, 10:46:55 PM
Could have easily cost Antrim dearly. He couldn't be bothered. This way it takes Him out of playing for a while.  Some of these guys invent reasons.  Ultimately they couldn't be bothered.  He has a lot mileage on the clock just come out and say it as opposed to having to be asked.  I know many of the panel were very annoyed and that's down to lack lustered approach from him all year. I have no doubt his cheer leader will rally in behind him though.  Good to see young talent like Casey and Clarke getting run out

See dick was the side kick
Where is pj senior thought he was involved
as I posted at the time of his appointment, Pj is a selector. He has nothing to do with the training of the team or the team selected on the day.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

Thought I would have drawn out his cheer leader by now.  Have to say that's what I thought a selector did. Ie help at training and on the day.  Hey u learn something everyday on this site. 

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on May 06, 2013, 11:18:22 AM
Thought I would have drawn out his cheer leader by now.  Have to say that's what I thought a selector did. Ie help at training and on the day.  Hey u learn something everyday on this site.
He's a selector. The clue is in the title.

CitySlicker11

Less of the harshness towards Karl, how many on here can say they have put in what he as for Antrim. A great gifted player with a hot streak in him, not the first and not the last in Antrim. Well done to all the panel yesterday. Laois give Westmeath a good beating in the league final, could be tight enough away to them.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 06, 2013, 11:22:00 AM
Quote from: saffron89 on May 06, 2013, 11:18:22 AM
He's a selector. The clue is in the title.
[/quote

I oh I see he's a selector but he doesn't select. Are you trying to say he helps to source new talent, that's more like a scout
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 06, 2013, 12:09:50 PM
Less of the harshness towards Karl, how many on here can say they have put in what he as for Antrim. A great gifted player with a hot streak in him, not the first and not the last in Antrim. Well done to all the panel yesterday. Laois give Westmeath a good beating in the league final, could be tight enough away to them.

+1 if Karl has one problem he ain't cute enough when reacting to some plank pulling on him first. When it comes to southern umpires and linesmen they never see the original offender. Either they are better at it or they just don't like us.

Seamroga in exile

He selects players for the panel. Hence he's a selector. Ryan manages the team, hence he's the manager. Not that hard to understand.  ;)

CitySlicker11

Not just a southern thing, the person that acts first normally gets away with it as by the time anyone notices the man is only reacting and thats what the crowd and referees/umpires/linesmen see. Get your retaliation in first seems to work.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 06, 2013, 12:21:34 PM
Not just a southern thing, the person that acts first normally gets away with it as by the time anyone notices the man is only reacting and thats what the crowd and referees/umpires/linesmen see. Get your retaliation in first seems to work.

That's a sad reality. Your right happens up here to. But we have had some red cards at county level the last few years are we that dirty. It's time our boys learn to react when the time is right

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 06, 2013, 12:19:17 PM
He selects players for the panel. Hence he's a selector. Ryan manages the team, hence he's the manager. Not that hard to understand.  ;)

If He isn't helping to select teams for matches he's not a selector. If he selects new panelist for Ryan to look at I would call him a scout. Main thing is he's helping so whatever he does it can't be a bad thing. Just think you have his title wrong