Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I agree NAG1 if people can't commit then they should not be carried. I'd prefer to see Karl playing for club and county, hopefully once things settle this will be the case. His passion for hurling is great so I hope he returns soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2013, 10:30:31 AM
I agree NAG1 if people can't commit then they should not be carried. I'd prefer to see Karl playing for club and county, hopefully once things settle this will be the case. His passion for hurling is great so I hope he returns soon

+1

Simon Says

Always been an admirer of karl, great hurler skillful and hardworking.

btdtgtt

Fanastic hurler - tough as nails!
But I agree - either 100% or not - the reason for absence is unfortunately irrelevant.

Seamroga in exile

According to the county site:

Ballycran   3-17     1-6 O`Donovan Rossa GAC   
   Mac Uilin CLG   3-12     1-12   Cuchullains-Dunloy   
   St John's GAC   2-15     4-10   Ballygalget   
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

According to McQuillans FB

McQuillans GAC
about an hour ago via mobile
Senior Result: MacUílín 4-12 Dunloy 1-12 #McQGAC

good result for the Town after first 2 results. Down teams going well though.

Saffrongael

Heavy beating for Rossa tonight, they would have been expecting better start to the season I would have thought
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 17, 2013, 10:06:03 PM
According to McQuillans FB

McQuillans GAC
about an hour ago via mobile
Senior Result: MacUílín 4-12 Dunloy 1-12 #McQGAC

good result for the Town after first 2 results. Down teams going well though.
a mate of mine was down at it and he also says it was 4-12.

Milltown Row2

doubt it will make much difference. Town beat Dunloy, Loughgiel play tonighthat was score in waterfoot
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Terrible weather for the game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2013, 12:00:35 AM
doubt it will make much difference. Town beat Dunloy, Loughgiel play tonighthat was score in waterfoot
from what I hear we've no game until next month.  ??? Cushendall game was postponed.

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 17, 2013, 09:42:54 PM
According to the county site:

Ballycran   3-17     1-6 O`Donovan Rossa GAC   
   Mac Uilin CLG   3-12     1-12   Cuchullains-Dunloy   
   St John's GAC   2-15     4-10   Ballygalget

I was told by one of the lads we'd won by two, not that it matters, a win is a win.

We've Cushendall on Saturday in the Ulster hurling league but AFAIK Down hurlers are having a training weekend in Dublin and we'd be missing 5 or 6 which we can ill afford, but I suppose its an opportunity for others to show their worth.

40+ lads at training at the minute, a high tide raises all boats as they say.

Na Glinntí Glasa

jesus what a bad bad night last night in ballycastle. played with the wind in the first half and in the second the wind was even worse along with the rain that was going sideways with it!

just a bad night overall and it ruined the game for everyone. both teams hit loads of wides which was expected with the wind but the goals were the difference at the end up.

neil mc auley was excellent as per usual and for us shorty had a great game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

We managed to overcome Armoy last night at home, first home game of the season after 3 game. And when I say overcome that's really what it's been for our first 3 games. We've done enough to beat the other team. Nothing great but a spirited performance. 3 from 3 so can't complain. Fair play to the lads on what was a sticky pitch and with light fading was a good win.

Tir na Og have made a decent start to the league also so we'll be looking to that game as the main one in the first part of the season

btdtgtt

Big win for your lads Johnny! I though the Johnnies would have had enough at home.
I couldnt argue with the result.
St Johns led in the early stage as to be expected, but Galget always looked like they were not gonna be put away.
2nd half when they had the wind they were simply better. Galget work rate (even more so against wind) was excellent. Deserved the win.
St Johns over complicated things for me. Johnston & Cunningham are to involved from the line - very vocal and not always in a good way. They seem intent on showing how much they are involved rather than letting the team play. Im still not convinced St John will bring their excellent minor team to any senior honours.

Elsewhere a good win for the Town - I thought his would be close as Ballycastle's previous results were not representative. As the league table shows. Thought Dunloy would have enough but interesting result.

Hardstation what about your lads? Bad start - clearly an issue with travelling - commitment?

Good to see St Galls not slipping up - really think with Glenarrife and Rossa out of the way the route is clear for the top tier. Even with a few slip-ups once the big ball kicks in. Then hopefully once promoted hurling gets the attention it deserves.

Postive result for St Pauls also.