Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruairi Og exile

Cushendall are away to Dunloy tonight. Heard it might have been moved to thursday night due to the county U21's match tomorrow might. Maxpower/skull have yous boys heard anything??

glens73

Doe anyone know if Cushendall's championship match with Ballycastle be going ahead on Sunday night as listed on the Antrim website?

theskull1

Don't know ROE. Who are the U21's playing?

Checked the Antrim Website (cut and paste below)
Maneely McCann Division 1 Hurling
Team 1   Team 2   Venue   Date   Time   Referee   Comment
Dunloy    Cushendall    Dunloy   17/07/2007   19:30   Ray Matthews   Not Played

would look like somethings afoot
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Big Bob

The match is still on tonight in Dunloy. I know that the cushendall county u21's are playing tonight and I guess the Dunloy lads will be playing too.

The championship match on Sunday has now been changed to its original date, Wednesday 25th @ 1930 in Cushendall. This is due to the Minors playing on Sunday. The fixture is shown on the Antrim website.

Big Bob

So the Championship is just about to get underway in the next week or so.............. Anyone got any views on the round one matches, team news, injuries etc etc.

Senior Hurling Championship Group 1
Team 1                 Team 2           Venue              Date              Time         Referee      Comment

Lamh Dhearg          St. Galls           Lamh Dhearg    22/07/2007     19:00       Francis Traynor Round 1 
Glenariff                 Dunloy            Glenariff            29/07/2007     15:00      Gerard Robinson Round 1

Senior Hurling Championship Group 2
Team 1                 Team 2           Venue              Date              Time         Referee      Comment

Cushendall             Ballycastle         Cushendall        25/07/2007     19:30        Tommy McIntyre Round 1 
Rossa                    Gort Na Mona    Rossa              29/07/2007      15:00        Owen Elliott Round 1

clootfromthe21

Any optimism on this years minors? Worth going to see on Sunday?

NAG

So the Championship is just about to get underway in the next week or so.............. Anyone got any views on the round one matches, team news, injuries etc etc.

Senior Hurling Championship Group 1
Lamh Dhearg          St. Galls           Lamh Dhearg    22/07/2007     19:00       Francis Traynor Round 1 
Glenariff                 Dunloy            Glenariff            29/07/2007     15:00      Gerard Robinson Round 1

Senior Hurling Championship Group 2
Cushendall             Ballycastle         Cushendall        25/07/2007     19:30        Tommy McIntyre Round 1 
Rossa                    Gort Na Mona    Rossa              29/07/2007      15:00        Owen Elliott Round 1

Id say it will be:
St Galls
Dunloy
Cushendall
Rossa (if they get their act together)

Think this is just coming at the right time for Dunloy hear they are getting some injuries back which should strenthen their team considerably. However I would say cushendall are still up there, depends if they still have the hunger to go for it.

Glensman

Cloot

According to a friend they haven't really been training very much and there isn't much hope.

Not sure if this is true...perhaps others can confirm.

girt_giggler

they've been training away but numbers aren't great from what I've been told.  also from the player i was talking to the actual training is piss poor.

they beat ballycastle u21's the other night in a challenge match in Ballycastle by a point i think, or maybe were beat by a point - can't exactly remember.

theskull1

Well the Cushendall match was played last night. Dunloy won by 2 points. A better effort from us which was needed after the Loughgiel match.

With the U21 match against Down tonight and this match being played, I think this underlines the MASSIVE improvement in the fixtures this year compared to the last 10 years at least. Many's a county manager would have been calling for the match to have been called off but it was allowed to be played with full squads which is what is needed to get the bite back into the leagues again. Sambo and Woody deserve alot of credit for this as I'm sure county officials and I hope they keep it up year on year. They hopefully realise it's the only way to improve standards in the County and that the sacrifices being made to county preparations will be worth it in the long run.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

aontroim

Same 15 from Ulster Final win - with a couple of positional changes. Surprised that the same 15 have survived as there were only a few at best who were worthy of retaining a place after a mediocre showing in the Ulster Final.

1. David McNally - Gort Na Móna
2. Tony McCloskey - Shamrock's Loughgiel
3. Cormac Donnelly - McQuillan's Ballycastle
4. Terry McAllister - Ruairi Og Cushendall
5. Brendan Cousins - Gort Na Mona
6. Thomas McCann - Kickhams Creggan
7. Stephen Shannon - O'Donovan Rossa
8. P.J O'Connell - Clooney Gaels Ahoghill
9. Conor Rocks -O'Donovan  Rossa
10. Micheal McCarthy - Ruairi Og Cushendall
11. Peter Dallat - McQuillan's Ballycastle
12. Conor Carson - Ruairi Og Cushendall
13. Liam McKillop - Shamrock's Loughgiel
14. Anton McCaffery - St. Gall's
15. Darren Hamill - Shane O'Neill's Glenarm

Square Ball

Quote from: aontroim on July 18, 2007, 05:21:00 PM

Is that Jackies son?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2007, 09:01:13 PM
Aontroim 3-24
An Dun 0-11
If Aertel is to be believed

I wonder will this mirror the seniors, winning Ulster easily then too big a step up against the free staters......

Balboa

Quote from: Square Ball on July 18, 2007, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: aontroim on July 18, 2007, 05:21:00 PM

Is that Jackies son?

It is and he is a big fella like the oul boy.

Square Ball

I know the da, is Conor a lazy big shit like is da? All the talent in the world, but needed a good kick up the backside to get him started, thon big lollopy languid stride of his.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid