Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Only one new face from last years team/squad but a few of the young fellas are regular seniors now and that can only be a good thing. Not sure if we will see the missing players this year but club is in safe hands with a lot of good work being done underage. Time will tell I guess

btdtgtt

I would imagine that's 2points fm from what on paper should be your toughest game of the year - no excuse not to top the league and return to division1 then?
Or dare I mention dual clubs & bog ball?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 03, 2013, 10:28:23 PM
I would imagine that's 2points fm from what on paper should be your toughest game of the year - no excuse not to top the league and return to division1 then?
Or dare I mention dual clubs & bog ball?!

Very close games all round this year, Cloughmills will give us our toughest game I think this Sunday, I'll be heading down so I'll keep ya updated ;)

Might even bring me gear, seeing we are so under strengthed at minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Will the pitches in the glens be playable on Sunday?

btdtgtt

Dall to beat cran
Shams to beat Rossa
Dunloy to beat ports
Castle to beat Galget
Johns to beat oisins

Galls to beat biddies
Sars to beat Paul's
Randalstown to beat clooney
Armoy to beat hannahstown
Carey gort draw

Milltown Row2

Where abouts is Cloughmills pitch? I've never had the pleasure of playing on it but heading down to watch our seniors later. I can get to Clougmills no problem but do I head towards Loughgiel or straight ahead? Not sure, whats the road its on called?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2013, 12:23:03 PM
Where abouts is Cloughmills pitch? I've never had the pleasure of playing on it but heading down to watch our seniors later. I can get to Clougmills no problem but do I head towards Loughgiel or straight ahead? Not sure, whats the road its on called?

It's on the Ballyveely Road ie the main road from Cloughmills to Loughgiel, about half a mile outside the village. If you drive right through the village, the Ballyveely Road veers off to the right after the Church. The pitch is well off the road on the right hand side and not terribly visible from it, particularly approaching it from Cloughmills. Access is down a long lane. Best of luck!!

Seamroga in exile

Shamrocks 11 up at half time.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on April 07, 2013, 12:58:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2013, 12:23:03 PM

It's on the Ballyveely Road ie the main road from Cloughmills to Loughgiel, about half a mile outside the village. If you drive right through the village, the Ballyveely Road veers off to the right after the Church. The pitch is well off the road on the right hand side and not terribly visible from it, particularly approaching it from Cloughmills. Access is down a long lane. Best of luck!!

Poor enough game, strong wind causing it to be a battle and who ever got the goals when playing with the wind was going to win. We won the toss and played with the wind and went 9 points up, Cloughmills huffed and puffed but didn't have that cutting edge to get close to a Galls team that fought for every ball and managed to get the goals. Two wins in a row and still a lot of improvement from our lads if truth be told.

saffron89

Travelled up to glenariffe with Johnnies no 1 supporter. left in no doubt who will be relegated. Glenariffe beyond bad. Wouldn't have known half of them.  Talkin to a few ex oisins in our club. They didn't even know some of their lads.  Despite the propaganda in the car will wait to see Johnnie again before I make a relegation call for them.  Town beat by galget big result for them

btdtgtt

It was sarsfields v naomh pol for me.
Dissapointing standard - never thought I would compliment sarsfields on being a more "pure" hurling team but this was the case.
St. Paul's were terrible - both on and off the pitch if u get my meaning
Ref struggled but mainly due to players making matters difficult for him in early stages.
Once match settled little else.
Few good late score from sarsfields   

Tell us more about St. John's saff?
Delighted with galls professional performance by sounds of things?

Na Glinntí Glasa

won handy enough on sunday. played a few younger lads and had shorty and woody back in the team again. played against the breeze in the first half and went in 2-04 to 0-05 up with goals form Nicky mckeague and shorty.
finished out the game well in the second half taking a lot of good scores. happy with the result and performance after how badly we played on the monday.
reserves won as well for the second time in a row. cosidering we only won 2 reserve games last season its a big improvement!
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Were Rossa missing anyone from the team which played Loughgiel?

Loughgiel had a much changed team with a lot of lads rested/playing out of position but never really had to get out of second gear.

btdtgtt

Wouldnt surprise me as Rossa don't travel well - struggle to see them picking up points on the road.
Also on the basis of St John's game I dont think they are competition for the big teams.

Poor opening results for Ballycastle?