Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

What's the story with Karl Stewart? Is he injured or not on / off the panel?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: optimus cheese on March 31, 2013, 08:26:51 PM
I remember that game last year. Limerick people almost embarrassed about the decisions. His performance could see Antrim relegated today, that's not right. The majority of those frees - would hey have been awarded during the KK v Cork game? No chance. Even the last free to put Offaly two up in injury time, looked like Graffin made a great challenge

nothing wrong with graffins challenge he got the ball first. as for fading in the last ten minutes dont even go there. from the very first minute he was as it. he blew Eddy Mc Closkey twice for over carrying when his man was trying to mount him. the list is endless. Olly Baker and his crew are away down the road tonight with our points and the fault lays at one man,s  feet
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

optimus cheese

I can't agree. Ok, we didn't score for last 15, but the momentum swing came from Kelly's decisions, allowing Offaly forwards away with things at one end yet penalising at the other for the same things. It wasn't a fair crack of the whip. Giving a hop ball when Antrim originally had a free out led to a vital score was one of many calls which dictated the destination of that game.
It's over now, April 14 v Carlow it is. Think we are in a much better place than when we were a few months back

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2013, 10:27:52 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 31, 2013, 10:16:44 PM
Quote from: optimus cheese on March 31, 2013, 08:26:51 PM
I remember that game last year. Limerick people almost embarrassed about the decisions. His performance could see Antrim relegated today, that's not right. The majority of those frees - would hey have been awarded during the KK v Cork game? No chance. Even the last free to put Offaly two up in injury time, looked like Graffin made a great challenge

nothing wrong with graffins challenge he got the ball first. as for fading in the last ten minutes dont even go there. from the very first minute he was as it. he blew Eddy Mc Closkey twice for over carrying when his man was trying to mount him. the list is endless. Olly Baker and his crew are away down the road tonight with our points and the fault lays at one man,s  feet
What do you mean don't even go there?? We were beat 0-06 to 0-00 in that time! Blame the ref all you want but you're only kidding yourself.

there half backs caught some great balls in the last ten but they fouled our forwards as much not that the ref noticed. we should have been 4 up at half time if he was playing it square. bar simon acting badly after he won th  free the rest was a digrace. go there if you want then but i,mm looking at it over 70 minutes and that tool bag cost us at least 6 points.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

manballandall

Galls game on wed night now.

btdtgtt

Thanks for that manballandall - saved me a trip!

There could be fireworks at Rossa's place tomorrow - I am goin for a narrow St. John's victory - with some controversy along the way and a busy Owen Elliot!

manballandall

What time is that game at?

btdtgtt

Seems that way HS.

St. John's putting out all the right vibes I haven't heard from the Rossa lads pulling up much wood?

Derby game tho so it will be close either way these games always have been no mater which side were in the ascendency.

btdtgtt

Will be interested to see how both sides line out.
And no doubt it will all take off from there!
Should be a good crowd there - hope that hill of yours is not too slippy!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2013, 11:42:08 PM
Think our lads have put in a fair shift as regards gym work over the winter but stickwork is only in the very early stages.

As you say though, an aul dog fight. They've a couple of county players though who will be far more up to speed than us.

Micky Armstrong is home for Easter but carrying an injury. Could make hay in full forward IMO.
More importantly, I hope the lads have got the winter tan in true McCooey tradition.

btdtgtt

You on the drink last night hardstation?!

Seamroga in exile

We've 10 newcomers starting against dunloy later. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 01, 2013, 11:01:44 AM
We've 10 newcomers starting against dunloy later. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.

If they are coming from your minor team of last year they will be terrible, I refereed a couple of games and the fullback was the only decent player you had. How did the mighty reserves do yesterday against Dunloy? Will they be lining out again today?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2013, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 01, 2013, 11:01:44 AM

If they are coming from your minor team of last year they will be terrible, I refereed a couple of games and the fullback was the only decent player you had. How did the mighty reserves do yesterday against Dunloy? Will they be lining out again today?
Dunloy won by 3 points. Our u21s havent been too bad over the last few years.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2013, 01:10:37 AM
We line out as follows:

Ray Matthews
Joe McCaffrey Anto Rogan Gerard Rogan
Mark Reynolds John Hamill Seamus Shannon
Jim Connolly Joe Boyle (Jim?)Fegan
John Taggert Jim Close Donal Armstrong
Noco Murray Colly Murphy Paul Close mighty Quinn

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2013, 01:33:54 AM
Johnnies line out as follows:

Pat Gallagher
Brendan McGibbon (dirty fcuker) Paul Collins Neal Peden
Gerard Cunningham (senior?) Seanie Burns Dooleys Morgan
Pearse McFall Jimmy Wilson Locky McCurdy
Paul Montgomery Ronan Heenan John Kelly Fergal Collins
Brian McFall Brendan Mackin Colly McKnight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea