Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

well the captain is always going to have to put a positive spin on things.  Another 3 / 4 shams would be welcomed addition

Benny McGarry
Chris O Connell

not sure there after to tell you the truth

Winker no doubt is a talent but can he be handled

now in saying that, it getting rid of these divisions.  What happened at that prize night is beyond belief

that tit gerry wallace did the county some damage in the way he fucked alot of people off

Carlow is the only one i would be hopeful about and since its away i would give us a 30% chance

looks like we are dropping a division

Christ that is bleak stuff

Seamroga in exile

Who's Benny McGarry?  :D

There'll be no more shamrocks joining the panel methinks.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Sad state of affairs is it not SIE?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clootfromthe21

Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2013, 11:08:13 PM

Got to agree with The Skull here SIE. What's that all about then?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 21, 2013, 11:25:54 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2013, 11:08:13 PM

Got to agree with The Skull here SIE. What's that all about then?
We've already discussed this here lads. I told you before it was made public.

The fact is that Ryan is operating a closed door policy on the Antrim panel. That,s why there'll be no more LG lads joining the panel. Simple as that. Players were expected to go to training from the start with the county panel no matter if they were still involved in the AI or not. Needless to say some of the LG players made it known that they were going to be concentrating on the club if that was the case. 3 players put their names forward. They're on the panel. Indeed Eddie is starting against Limerick on Sunday. The only way people will be joining now is if there is a long term injury to one of the current panel.

Sure, we wouldn't want to be accused of interfering with the happy family that is the Antrim hurling panel. Now would we? I mean, why would any county panel want players from an All Ireland/3 time in a row county championship winning panel?  ;)

Jesusjones

This is exactly the problem SIE, why should a county team have to bend over backwards to try and get players on board. Any player worth his salt should want to play for the county, if 3 Loughgiel lads signed up to Kevin Ryan's system then it obviously shows that they were the only 3 interested. I'd rather move forward with what we have, committed players who want to be there.

johnneycool

Quote from: Jesusjones on February 22, 2013, 07:03:09 AM
This is exactly the problem SIE, why should a county team have to bend over backwards to try and get players on board. Any player worth his salt should want to play for the county, if 3 Loughgiel lads signed up to Kevin Ryan's system then it obviously shows that they were the only 3 interested. I'd rather move forward with what we have, committed players who want to be there.

Did these three LG men who 'signed up' to Kevin Ryans plans attend county training sessions whilst preparing for the AI club semi-final?

IMO it'd be in Loughgiels best interest to have as many players playing at a higher standard as possible throughout the year!

Glensman

Quote from: NAG1 on February 17, 2013, 10:05:59 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 16, 2013, 10:30:44 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 16, 2013, 10:25:28 PM
Wouldnt get carried away with that crap there is sledging in every game North South East West, no need for it to be brought up unless it crosses certain boundaries.

On the game thought the intensity was there but the quality was lacking some lovely touches from St Thomas's when getting pinned in the tackle. Too many times the ball got stuck and a ruck formed, although in nearly all of those situations the St T's player came out on top.

The inside defence for LG was solid apart from that they were under severe pressure both JC's getting moved around and MS justr couldnt cover the ground required. Barneys confidence shot to hell as you could see from dropping that ball. Very unusual day for LW on the frees needed every score that was going to stay in touch.

Valiant effort.

His "refuelling" after the first match might have something to do with that.
::)

It certainly looked like that in open play for sure.

Appreciate you're sensitive enough about this Seamroga in exile but did he go on the beer after the first game?

This has nothing to do with an individual but if anyone did this it is a farce. Am guessing there would have been clear isntruction not to?!

Seamroga in exile

and i wonder if any of the panel will be swanning off to new York half way through the season this year? That doesn't exactly show commitment JJ. Double standards perhaps?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on February 22, 2013, 09:00:11 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 17, 2013, 10:05:59 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 16, 2013, 10:30:44 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 16, 2013, 10:25:28 PM
Wouldnt get carried away with that crap there is sledging in every game North South East West, no need for it to be brought up unless it crosses certain boundaries.

On the game thought the intensity was there but the quality was lacking some lovely touches from St Thomas's when getting pinned in the tackle. Too many times the ball got stuck and a ruck formed, although in nearly all of those situations the St T's player came out on top.

The inside defence for LG was solid apart from that they were under severe pressure both JC's getting moved around and MS justr couldnt cover the ground required. Barneys confidence shot to hell as you could see from dropping that ball. Very unusual day for LW on the frees needed every score that was going to stay in touch.

Valiant effort.

His "refuelling" after the first match might have something to do with that.
::)

It certainly looked like that in open play for sure.

Appreciate you're sensitive enough about this Seamroga in exile but did he go on the beer after the first game?

This has nothing to do with an individual but if anyone did this it is a farce. Am guessing there would have been clear isntruction not to?!
truthfully, i have no idea. All i know is he has to play. I think some people on here forget that these lads have been more or less training non stop for over 2 years.

saffron89

benny mc carry my apologies

i reckon there will

think the county need to start campaigning for a return to 8 team divisions

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 22, 2013, 09:54:34 AM
and i wonder if any of the panel will be swanning off to new York half way through the season this year? That doesn't exactly show commitment JJ. Double standards perhaps?
Or will players swan in for 3 week during the summer having turned offers to join earlier that season

Two Hands FFS

Kevin Ryan is not operating a closed door policy. That is a fact.

Seamroga in exile

He announced to all and sundry that he was. I've just heard in the last few minutes that there might be a couple of additions to the panel alright.  ;)

And as for naming people on here for drinking, who wants to start the ball rolling naming the county starlets lying full up about the pound last weekend? Any takers?   ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on February 22, 2013, 10:37:40 AM
benny mc carry my apologies

i reckon there will

think the county need to start campaigning for a return to 8 team divisions

They haven't even started yet FFS, give it a chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea