Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 18, 2013, 12:26:04 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 18, 2013, 02:14:38 AM
What's the craic with Dinny Cahill? Looking at Shamrocks All Ireland picture last year and he was in with the team wearing a Loughgiel hoodie top. Now he's with St Thomas' very strange.. :-\
dinny wasn't near loughgiel last year.

Sure what's one more  ;)

Sleeping giant

One more will make it 4 in a row nag :)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 18, 2013, 01:39:54 PM
One more will make it 4 in a row nag :)

Couldnt resist it SG, so what did big PJ and the Burke fella fall out about at HT? In fairness it did look funny looking in from the outside.

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 18, 2013, 12:26:04 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 18, 2013, 02:14:38 AM
What's the craic with Dinny Cahill? Looking at Shamrocks All Ireland picture last year and he was in with the team wearing a Loughgiel hoodie top. Now he's with St Thomas' very strange.. :-\
dinny wasn't near loughgiel last year.

I thought that was Dinny laying on the ground beside PJ O Mullan. Could be wrong though a while since I was home. If not, he looks wile like him.

Minder

That is Mick O'Connell
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2013, 05:06:45 PM
That is Mick O'Connell
Thanks that clears that up for me.

bannside

Some midfielder he was too! Havent seen many better since.

Seamroga in exile

Some nice heeds in that photo.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

pdiddy

I'll never get tired of looking at that photo  ;D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

CitySlicker11

Watson a big fan of what Neil McManus had to say in the IN today.

NAG1

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on February 19, 2013, 11:57:29 AM
Watson a big fan of what Neil McManus had to say in the IN today.

Dont see a lot wrong with what he said in that article.

CitySlicker11

And neither do I, just Watson seemed to agree with him on twitter....

north aontroim gael

back to work today after a recovery day yesterday  :-\

My thoughts on Saturday were that the best team won.  Good luck to St Thomas in the final, they have a number of fine hurlers and they won't be far away.  Much like Loughgiel last year their hassling, tackling was top notch and we were unable to break the tackle and get shots away on various occasions up front.

For us I thought the full-back line emerged with great credit (not often you say that after an 8 point defeat).  Ding and Duck were superb and Neil McGarry put in one of his best ever performances.  If we could of made the ball stick a bit better up front they wouldn't of had to do half the work they did.

We were cleaned out in midfield again unfortunately i felt we were very slow to make a change there.  Eddie was the only forward who was winning his own ball.  When Shay Casey got ball out in front of him in the first half he caused trouble as well.  Declan Laverty having two of his quietest ever games in CF played a big part in our downfall as well.

Would of loved to have seen one of those early goal chances go in but I think we used up our quota of goals in last years final and last weeks semi-final!

The last three years have brought more success than I could of dreamed of after the barren run of 6 final defeats.  Huge credit to all involved and hope they enjoy a well earned rest.  Not the end of this team by any stretch but a few new faces need to be blooded over the next couple of years.

Hopefully the greatest legacy will be that they have inspired another generation to go and win an All Ireland as the team of 83 did.  Up the Shamrocks.

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 19, 2013, 02:13:39 PM
back to work today after a recovery day yesterday  :-\

My thoughts on Saturday were that the best team won.  Good luck to St Thomas in the final, they have a number of fine hurlers and they won't be far away.  Much like Loughgiel last year their hassling, tackling was top notch and we were unable to break the tackle and get shots away on various occasions up front.

For us I thought the full-back line emerged with great credit (not often you say that after an 8 point defeat).  Ding and Duck were superb and Neil McGarry put in one of his best ever performances.  If we could of made the ball stick a bit better up front they wouldn't of had to do half the work they did.

We were cleaned out in midfield again unfortunately i felt we were very slow to make a change there.  Eddie was the only forward who was winning his own ball.  When Shay Casey got ball out in front of him in the first half he caused trouble as well.  Declan Laverty having two of his quietest ever games in CF played a big part in our downfall as well.

Would of loved to have seen one of those early goal chances go in but I think we used up our quota of goals in last years final and last weeks semi-final!

The last three years have brought more success than I could of dreamed of after the barren run of 6 final defeats.  Huge credit to all involved and hope they enjoy a well earned rest.  Not the end of this team by any stretch but a few new faces need to be blooded over the next couple of years.

Hopefully the greatest legacy will be that they have inspired another generation to go and win an All Ireland as the team of 83 did.  Up the Shamrocks.

Would agree with that assessment apart from that one element.