Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The wee fella Bernard Burke killed the game early in the second half. Tight looking wee lad.

seafoid

Loughgiel have nothing to be ashamed of. It is very hard to retain an all Ireland club and last year's achievement will be remembered for a very long time.  It is great seeing Antrim hurling in Croker.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2013, 05:53:06 PM
Loughgiel have nothing to be ashamed of. It is very hard to retain an all Ireland club and last year's achievement will be remembered for a very long time.  It is great seeing Antrim hurling in Croker.
Patronising bastard  ;)

orangeman

Smelling salts out and not a free to be had.

Has the ref no pea in the whistle ?

Seamroga in exile

No excuses. The better team won. Our forwards were non existent today. If they'd have taken their goal chances at the start of the game it might have been a different outcome. I actually thought our defense played reasonably well, thank Christ that they did.

As for the referee, better left unsaid what I think about his performance today.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

The referee was poor for both teams, some hard knocks going about, some players could have seen red but didn't.

Neil McGarry was immense today, McCluskey also tried his heart strings out, rest didn't come to the show

Had chances but it seems the better pitch worked in its favour for the Galway lads. Homework done on Cooney would mean the other lads had chances to shine. Wasn't a great match and if KK bring that form into final I'd say they will win handy.

Be some sore lads tonight. Unlucky
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

I think there's also an element of fatigue in this result. They didn't look as sharp in this game or last as they did at this stage last year. The extra month's rest will do no harm in the long run. And anyway, there's always the 4 in a row to aim for.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2013, 07:34:27 PM
I think there's also an element of fatigue in this result. They didn't look as sharp in this game or last as they did at this stage last year. The extra month's rest will do no harm in the long run. And anyway, there's always the 4 in a row to aim for.  ;)

Yeah and to be honest there isn't a team in the Antrim Championship close enough to them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Gutted.  But it was always gonna end somewhere.    Hard to take.  But it's part of it.   Nice long break.    Good luck to Toms and KK in final. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

I haven't seen the game first of all - nephews indoor hurling blitz which hardstation can no doubt tell us who won - congratulations ur lads much deserved.

I think given the margin if victory the ref can really be an issue even if he was frustrating in the manner of the defeat. But like u day i didn't see the game.

I hope there is no gloating from non-shamrocks - would do well to note that championship draws are on february 25 and everyone will still want to avoid them as one of the best teams in Ireland.

MR2 I think I would fancy the Galway lads in the final tho.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2013, 06:45:08 PM
No excuses. The better team won. Our forwards were non existent today. If they'd have taken their goal chances at the start of the game it might have been a different outcome. I actually thought our defense played reasonably well, thank Christ that they did.

As for the referee, better left unsaid what I think about his performance today.
Agree on both counts. Forwards made no headway after the early chances and combination of good closing from Shamrocks defence and poor striking from St. Thomas forwards kept it reasonable at halftime.

There should be more hurling in Clones as I was back in the house by 4pm  :)

saffron89

just a step too far for the shamrocks, but hey gave some great days out.  Though 1 -4 couldn't be faulted they tried thier heart out.  Tony McCloskey can take some credit and his brother on the 40 tried very hard.  two corner men done well in first half.  Although benny hadn't the shooting boots on.  but in the second half they werer poor.

Ref was poor, some things that happened were nailed on frees but he didn't give them.

Clones,  i hope there isn't another hurling match in it.  to get out of it is terrible.

a few retirements in the future.  great lads and have given great service but let the newer lads have a go.

Sleeping giant

Id be very suprised if there's any retirements
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

BlackandAmber

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 16, 2013, 08:42:32 PM

I hope there is no gloating from non-shamrocks

None here anyway. tremenduos honest effort from the shams just was'nt enough. what SIE said
QuoteI think there's also an element of fatigue in this result. They didn't look as sharp in this game or last as they did at this stage last year.
is right but St Thomas are a very good side too and no disgrace to get beat by them.

gettin beat is one thing but this is apity too. Just the same as last week but the other way round

QuoteCongrats to Thomas's!! According to my father who was at the game, the sectarian abuse directed at the Thomas's players and fans was absolutely disgraceful. At least the biffos will be more cultured on paddys day.

I would be surprised if there was any sectarian abuse thrown around , I mean sectarian abuse means to abuse someone's religion and I doubt that Catholics from Antrim would be doing that

Maybe sectarian is the wrong word I used ahascragh, but you know the abusive bile I'm on about I'm sure. It was not pleasant.

Read more: http://ghurlingadmin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=discussion&action=display&thread=1338&page=4#ixzz2L6LaRvtB