Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

The people in charge of such things meet up and decide date and venue. The TV company (tg4) then sticks it's oar in and tell them what tine suits them and the people in charge agree with them. Afaik the clubs are basically told when and where to turn up.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Glensman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 11, 2013, 06:24:38 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 11, 2013, 02:57:04 PM
Is that Stephen McGarry (must be in his high 30's) always put the sun tan on played a while for Cloughmills?
What are you talking about?

Tweets flying about about our Galway friends giving the Bodies abuse for being orange ***** from the North.
If true, classy.
Displays a lack of intelligence in my book aside from anything else...think of something different to give us abuse about!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Glensman on February 11, 2013, 10:59:33 PM
Is that Stephen McGarry (must be in his high 30's) always put the sun tan on played a while for Cloughmills?

Tweets flying about about our Galway friends giving the Bodies abuse for being orange ***** from the North.
If true, classy.
Displays a lack of intelligence in my book aside from anything else...think of something different to give us abuse about!!
What does any of this have to do with Stephen McGarry?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2013, 08:32:04 PM
The people in charge of such things meet up and decide date and venue. The TV company (tg4) then sticks it's oar in and tell them what tine suits them and the people in charge agree with them. Afaik the clubs are basically told when and where to turn up.

Lads lads lads!
I hate to repeat myself but does anyone really believe the powers that be give a damn about clubs still?
Here's the thinking;
1) time? TG4 will give us money so they can dictate the throw in time to suit them.
2) venue? the dubs are playing league games in croker so we need to give Parnell a consolation gate income regardless of the pitch
3) money into central council vs the core unit of the association? Is there really still a debate! Know ur place peasants!

Personally I think st Thomas have had their chance - and cooney can't do that again. Also maybe winker will contribute something from play.
Shamrocks win. And tommy Moore goes nowhere.

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Tactically interesting game, St Thomas' packed the midfield sector making it difficult for LW and EMcC to get on the ball, only problem with that was that they left the short puck out option to PG who could beat their middle third dominance. I think the tactic was to leave MS alone for the short puck outs knowing he wouldnt have the same distance on his strike. LG worked that well getting it out to PG on numerous occasions to go that bit longer.

Sleeping giant

Short puck out is all very well.   If the man turns and hits the full forward line with it.   To much was taken out of the short puck at times and resulted in Toms scores.   Yet anytime the fast ball went in, we looked dangerous.   play like we did against coolderry.   Go man for man. And let it into FF line fast.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

imtommygunn

High balls into St Thomas's full back line usually resulted in some kind of score. Their full back line would be shaky enough i'd have said.

I read in different stats in different articles of what Cooney scored. One said 12 points - is that right?

A lot would be from play. If himself and the number 15 were marked better the next day that would go a long way but I guess the question is whether or not LG have the men to mark them.

Hard one to call this one.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 12, 2013, 01:21:00 PM
High balls into St Thomas's full back line usually resulted in some kind of score. Their full back line would be shaky enough i'd have said.

I read in different stats in different articles of what Cooney scored. One said 12 points - is that right?

A lot would be from play. If himself and the number 15 were marked better the next day that would go a long way but I guess the question is whether or not LG have the men to mark them.

Hard one to call this one.

St Thomas's FB line was dung, very rash in the tackle and LG's corner forwards won 90% of the ball that went out to the wings. Why wasn't this used? Tactically on the day St Thomas's got it right, no primary possession won in midfield so feeding the forwards was harder. PJ will have a lot to work on when they play this weekend, providing St Thomas don't play a different tactic.

As SG said, 15 on 15 and hurl like f**k, Watson roving in and out of the FF line picking up loose ball that comes in and lashing it to the net. Play to your own strengths
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Mccarry (or is it mcgarry??) in cf was excellent.

I have a feeling one team will win by a bit this weekend. I'm just hoping it's loughgiel.

Watson can't be as bad again and cooney can't be as good again. Loughgiel won very little possession though and that is a worry.

manballandall

St thomas didn't try and catch ball against shamrocks puck outs, they broke everything and sweeped up most of the breaking ball. Shamrocks didn't catch onto this and had no one underneath while st thomas had clearly worked on this. I would consider johnny  campbell on cooney and the other campbell or even barney on the number 15 as young campbell might struggle with his strength. St thomas will learn from this too and I expect their full backline to be a bit different

theskull1

LW in open play .. when hes hot hes hot and when hes not hes not

The way he strikes a dead ball (especially in and around the 21) he's always a threat in any teams mind even if he's not contributing in open play. LG showed they've decent wing men who can keep the scoreboard tipping away when he's not getting in from open play. Sign of a good team
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 11, 2013, 11:39:12 PM
Quote from: Glensman on February 11, 2013, 10:59:33 PM

If true, classy.
What does any of this have to do with Stephen McGarry?

Assume initial reference was because he tweeted about it.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 12, 2013, 10:00:25 PM
Mccarry (or is it mcgarry??) in cf was excellent.

I have a feeling one team will win by a bit this weekend. I'm just hoping it's loughgiel.

Watson can't be as bad again and cooney can't be as good again. Loughgiel won very little possession though and that is a worry.
Young McCarry is an under-rated performer for us. He ended up 5th highest scorer in championship club  hurling on the island last year, all from open play. Took a few great scores in the AI final last year and a few last Saturday. He chips in with his share of goals too along with Shea Casey. I think we're in for a few tactical and perhaps personnel changes as well this week-end.  ;) 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

this is off a galway forum about the match

QuoteI see some Antrim players have complained of being called "orange b******s" by Thomas's players. Hope this isn't true, don't want to see this going on & reflects badly on Galway also if true.

There is no truth in this East Galway I can assure you of that - just propaganda by the opposition - they were fairly intimadating themselves on the line and in the stand.

I'd say that is total rubbish. For the average-aged hurler today I'd say that as far as insults go that expression isn't even on the radar.

That's good to hear, much as I didn't want to beleive it without any evidence I couldn't not.Thanks for clearing it up.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was said. Sure most young lads wouldn't even know what it means. To them it an insult and it relates to NI so sure why not use it.
If you were from Antrim how could you possibly be insulted. I'd have pity for the republic's education system that put these lads through school and still haven't a clue.... ::) ::) ::)
I'd quickly turn around and call him a Mayo b*****d ;D

Well in all fairness Northern teams wrote the book when it came to sledging, so I would have little or no sympathy for any Northern team who starts complaining about Southern teams calling them Orange b**tards or anything similar, sure haven't they spent years calling us free state b**tards??

http://ghurlingadmin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=discussion&action=display&thread=1338&page=3