Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Handy enough for Antrim. What was wrong with Donnelly that he had to go off?

NAG1

Any of the UL matches going ahead at the weekend, serious rain this week.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 31, 2013, 09:52:25 PM
Handy enough for Antrim. What was wrong with Donnelly that he had to go off?

Looked like his shoulder but he came on again. They played well but DIT very lethargic. Big Carson man of the match, mc Garry did well in goals and Mc manus is flying. Kevin Barry looks like a prospect to.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

I hear a wee rumour that a certain southerner has informed a certain club that he might be requiring a few more of their players in the not so distant future. The door is most certainly not firmly shut.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

I am not surprised he needs them SiE and I don't thing anyone would deny that.

However what surprises me is that he put himself in this "door shut" position which necessitates the climb down.
He will now have to manage that within the current players.
I dare say he won't be dropping and cushendall boys off the panel for shamrocks!

Anyone know if hippy might also come back on board?

Seamroga in exile

Hopefully he'll return. We need everyone on board.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Both county managers have been granted no club league fixtures 17days before championship.

17 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SPEECHLESS !!!!!!!!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 04, 2013, 11:57:05 PM
Both county managers have been granted no club league fixtures 17days before championship.

17 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SPEECHLESS !!!!!!!!

I presume the clubs agreed to this,, strange decision.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 04, 2013, 11:57:05 PM

17 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SPEECHLESS !!!!!!!!

your sure about this i cant see any info on antrimgaa

btdtgtt

I heard it yesterday talking to a North Antrim man.
I just do not understand or comprehend it - I cannot fathom how anyone could believe this to be worthwile for the county set-up itself - and much less for the vast majority of our member is the club scene.
Its just bonkers. Madness. Insane. And you know what? Its a disgrace.

I am hoping he read 7 days and not 17! If so I withdraw my comments fully. No harm done.

I note the interview with Liam Watson also - just a few points;

Bitterness? A bit rich given he is not blameless here.
County career? I would imagine he should be focussed on Loughiel - he should never have been conducting an interview regarding Antrim in the run up to a club game of such importance.
Will he won't he play? I think this shows Liam's tendency to focus on him "I have nothing to prove etc" A bit of humility would go afar, there's guys who are a class above him that do not be so focussed on themselves.

But then this is Liam - he is who he is - take it or leave it.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 05, 2013, 01:58:52 PM
I just do not understand or comprehend it - I cannot fathom how anyone could believe this to be worthwile for the county set-up itself - and much less for the vast majority of our member is the club scene.

I am hoping he read 7 days and not 17! If so I withdraw my comments fully. No harm done.

County career? I would imagine he should be focussed on Loughiel - he should never have been conducting an interview regarding Antrim in the run up to a club game of such importance.
Will he won't he play? I think this shows Liam's tendency to focus on him "I have nothing to prove etc" A bit of humility would go afar, there's guys who are a class above him that do not be so focussed on themselves.

no point in going mad on this till its official, they gotta mean 7 days surely but this has happened it the past.

as for the player you mentioned quoting in the Irish news, sure what would you expect. I think its time there was an unwritten rule on here not to discuss him as that what he craves. I'm not a shrink but there is a saying that sums him up >Theres a want in him
dribble about club bitterness bla bla bla. you should see what he tweeted about dunloy(not that i follow him some LG poster put it up here) after the the county final. then he wants all us to get on. so don't mind him Hopefully there will be more pre semi interviews with LG players everyone respects

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 05, 2013, 02:17:59 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 05, 2013, 01:58:52 PM

no point in going mad on this till its official, they gotta mean 7 days surely but this has happened it the past.
Yes very much so - I just hope he was wrong and its 7days. Like I say withdrawn if it is.

as for the player you mentioned quoting in the Irish news, sure what would you expect. I think its time there was an unwritten rule on here not to discuss him as that what he craves. I'm not a shrink but there is a saying that sums him up >Theres a want in him
dribble about club bitterness bla bla bla. you should see what he tweeted about dunloy(not that i follow him some LG poster put it up here) after the the county final. then he wants all us to get on. so don't mind him Hopefully there will be more pre semi interviews with LG players everyone respects
Agreed.

Milltown Row2

Well nearly the big day, I've heard nothing of late from our boys in LG on preps for the game at the weekend, I've also heard nowt and seen nowt from Galway on St Thomas's. To be a dry day and dry enough leading up to the game, so conditions shouldn't play a major part in the game. A 50/50 match in my opinion with LG coming out 2/3 points winners
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

I have to say I couldn't get my head round the talking about Antrim a week before a club semi.   But sure,    He never told any lies.      Hopefully pitch is in good shape and our lads hurl like they left of last march.   Can't wait!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

saffron89

hard to believe the semi finals nearly here.  Weather absolutely shite, hope it doesn't spoil the contest.  the fact that this is thee most prestigious club event in the calendar and to have it played in this weather makes you wonder.  Even holding off to start of March.  It does seem that little bit earlier this year.

I'd say shams are ready, hear even experience timing of lights etc in Casement. 

tough one to call i reckon, couple of points to either side no real surprise