Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: whatsthescore on January 28, 2013, 12:03:17 AM
can anyone shed light on the fixtures for the coming antrim leagues, start date etc. thanks.

+1
I have been asking around but nobody seems to know its back to secret service antrim.

Championship draws 25 February   

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2013, 10:12:31 PM
Quote from: Ballybredagh on January 27, 2013, 10:02:13 PM
Tough lesson for our lads today. Fullen Gaels were much stronger and better on the day and our boys underperformed. Aidan (17), Conor (16), Lorcan (18), Niall I (19) Donal (21), Cormac (22) all finished the match and we had Paddy, Eoghan and Stevie (all 24) playing too with Ian not much older. All home-grown lads and with the other talent we have coming through, a brighter time is ahead, i hope. Fullen Gaels were a step too far today and good luck to them in the final.

The worst day to underperform FFS!! They'll do well enough in future, maybe Tony is talking about tradition which is a fair comment, but I know clubs have to start somewhere and Bredagh will keep it going
Yes tradition rather than any comment on talent. Tough in all parishes to keep young lads together. Big clear outs to Australia up and down the glens.

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 28, 2013, 12:32:12 AM
Tough lesson for our lads today. Fullen Gaels were much stronger and better on the day and our boys underperformed. Aidan (17), Conor (16), Lorcan (18), Niall I (19) Donal (21), Cormac (22) all finished the match and we had Paddy, Eoghan and Stevie (all 24) playing too with Ian not much older. All home-grown lads and with the other talent we have coming through, a brighter time is ahead, i hope. Fullen Gaels were a step too far today and good luck to them in the final.

The worst day to underperform FFS!! They'll do well enough in future, maybe Tony is talking about tradition which is a fair comment, but I know clubs have to start somewhere and Bredagh will keep it going
Yes tradition rather than any comment on talent. Tough in all parishes to keep young lads together. Big clear outs to Australia up and down the glens.

And beyond. We've lost a good few to emigration in the last few years and Ballycran have been badly hit as well. Ports seem to be holding onto theirs better but I always knew they were mammies boys  ;)

Bredagh and Carryduff are doing good stuff at underage hurling in Down, and if they kept that up for a few years they'd start to rise up through the Antrim leagues for sure, but the big ball is certainly proving a distraction in Carryduff as they were able to field two minor football teams last year, yet not one hurling one and they'd won the Down minor championship the previous year.

Not sure if Bredagh are equally distracted.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on January 28, 2013, 08:58:11 AM

And beyond. We've lost a good few to emigration in the last few years and Ballycran have been badly hit as well. Ports seem to be holding onto theirs better but I always knew they were mammies boys  ;)
Nice of you to post that on the Antrim board not the Down one![/b]

Bredagh and Carryduff are doing good stuff at underage hurling in Down, and if they kept that up for a few years they'd start to rise up through the Antrim leagues for sure, but the big ball is certainly proving a distraction in Carryduff as they were able to field two minor football teams last year, yet not one hurling one and they'd won the Down minor championship the previous year.
Thats an incredible stat - from champions to not fielding. Unbelievable.

Have Ballygalget got going this year?
Optimistic at staying up? Is that the target?

WOuld be interesting of it ended in a dog-fight with Glenarrife!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 28, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

So you are confident that Rossa will be safe?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

SIE

What about the games at the weekend how did you's get on?

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 28, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

We haven't got a manager in place as yet, but the lads are training away.

If we stay up it'd be a good year as we're going to have to blood a good few minors again who possibly are a bit short at that level as yet.

I'd expect us to struggle for another few years.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Just seen a picture of Fullen Gaels there- big strong team, looked like a proper senior grade team

Lecale2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 28, 2013, 10:51:40 PM
Just seen a picture of Fullen Gaels there- big strong team, looked like a proper senior grade team
They were big lads alright and they could hurl as well.

What sort of team will Antrim be putting out tomorrow? I was thinking of taking a run over.

Sleeping giant

Just seen the team.  Decent line out.    Few lads that will still have to prove me wrong.   But good luck to them.   MR2. Is the best hurler in ulster injured? ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

I see accoirding to the county website the draft fixtures should be out soon.
You Shamrocks and MR2 are really going to have to call a truce!
How is the atmosphere up there? Much different to last year?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 31, 2013, 12:12:19 AM
Just seen the team.  Decent line out.    Few lads that will still have to prove me wrong.   But good luck to them.   MR2. Is the best hurler in ulster injured? ;)

I'm fit and well, just havent been asked  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 30, 2013, 05:34:25 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 28, 2013, 10:51:40 PM
They were big lads alright and they could hurl as well.

What sort of team will Antrim be putting out tomorrow? I was thinking of taking a run over.

The Antrim team V DIT in tomorrow night's Walsh Shield final is:

1 Ryan McGarry

2 Arron Graffin
3 Conor Carson
4 Barry McFaul

5 Simon McCrory
6 Neal McCauley
7 Conor McKinley

8 Conor Laverty
9 Matthew Donnelly

10 Paul Shiels
11 Paddy Doherty
12 Stephen Beetie (Should this not be Beatty??)

13 Neal McManus
14 Kevin B McShane
15 Shane McNaughton

16 Seanan McToal

17 Conal Morgan
18 Kevin McKeague
19 Michael Gettens
20 Darren Hamill

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2013, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 31, 2013, 12:12:19 AM

I'm fit and well, just havent been asked  :o
haha.  Good man.   All joking aside,  what's up with KS?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 31, 2013, 09:13:11 AM
I see accoirding to the county website the draft fixtures should be out soon.
You Shamrocks and MR2 are really going to have to call a truce!
How is the atmosphere up there? Much different to last year?
. RARING TO GO.  BELIEVE  ;)