Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Good to get the first win of the season today, stuck at it well by all reports. Well done all.

btdtgtt

That's a fantastic result 
Winning away from casement while blooding new players.
No doubt a happier camp this weekend than over the last year or so!
Lets hope we stay in the up!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 27, 2013, 03:09:41 PM
Quote from: Kid Twist on January 27, 2013, 02:49:25 PM
is that a result?
Yes and St. Gabriel's won their football semi.

At the rate the economy is going it is hardly surprising.
I thought fullen would win, but not by that margin. They beat burt at this stage last year, who would be stronger than bredagh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 27, 2013, 05:08:41 PM
is that a result?

I thought fullen would win, but not by that margin. They beat burt at this stage last year, who would be stronger than bredagh

I wouldn't say that Burt would be stronger, similar but not stronger. This would be based on having played against them both recently (2 years)

Unlucky Bredagh, not a great return but thems the breaks!!

Thought Antrim would win but btdtgtt I wouldn't say they were blooding a lot of players, did you see the team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Actually yes just looked over it - my mistake.

I suppose add the shamrocks in and that's the bulk of what would be considered our strongest by some observers.

Still a good result away from home however.

It won't be a smooth ride and there will be set backs but hopefully higher standards set to keep us in good place to build.

Sleeping giant

is that a result?

few Belfast men on that team.  Manchester I think there based in.      Knocker and maskey from St. John I believe used to play for them.  Not sure if they still do
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2013, 06:42:12 PM
is that a result?

I wouldn't say that Burt would be stronger, similar but not stronger. This would be based on having played against them both recently (2 years)

Unlucky Bredagh, not a great return but thems the breaks!!

Thought Antrim would win but btdtgtt I wouldn't say they were blooding a lot of players, did you see the team?

Same as. Played burt 3 times last year and bredagh once. Very similar but burt just that wee bit better imo and would be a very seasoned team. Anyhow opinions differ and it won't matter a damn to bredagh tonight who I know we're very confident of winning today and will be dejected big-time. But they will be a force in years to come

Milltown Row2

Yeah I was also confident of them winning.

A clubman of mine is also at Bredagh doing a lot of work also (his kid plays for them) and they also do really well at the tournaments. As said already they have a big catchment. They just need to raise the standard at senior level and push on so that the real good juveniles can become a force at senior level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hardstation on January 27, 2013, 08:45:46 PM
They still do. Conall Maskey captains them I think.
remember both them lads in a very good St. John's minor team.   Both handy hurlers
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2013, 09:04:43 PM
Yeah I was also confident of them winning.

A clubman of mine is also at Bredagh doing a lot of work also (his kid plays for them) and they also do really well at the tournaments. As said already they have a big catchment. They just need to raise the standard at senior level and push on so that the real good juveniles can become a force at senior level
A club in the middle of Tokyo would have a wide catchment but what percentage of the population in that area are interested or able to strip out? Teams like that are dealing in generations to make inroads not years.

btdtgtt

I personally don't believe breadagh will be "a force" anytime soon.

Always have a fair contingent of guys who reside in the area for work - not grown up with the club.
Also guys for "whatever reason" see breadagh as a more pragmatic club than their own.
Add that to those juveniles from the area who will fly the best which I believe is greater than in other clubs.

I suppose it depends on what we define as "a force".

That said - I genuinely would love to see them progress and become "a force".
A strong gaa presence in the ormeau / ravenhill area would be great to see.

Ballybredagh

Tough lesson for our lads today. Fullen Gaels were much stronger and better on the day and our boys underperformed. Aidan (17), Conor (16), Lorcan (18), Niall I (19) Donal (21), Cormac (22) all finished the match and we had Paddy, Eoghan and Stevie (all 24) playing too with Ian not much older. All home-grown lads and with the other talent we have coming through, a brighter time is ahead, i hope. Fullen Gaels were a step too far today and good luck to them in the final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ballybredagh on January 27, 2013, 10:02:13 PM
Tough lesson for our lads today. Fullen Gaels were much stronger and better on the day and our boys underperformed. Aidan (17), Conor (16), Lorcan (18), Niall I (19) Donal (21), Cormac (22) all finished the match and we had Paddy, Eoghan and Stevie (all 24) playing too with Ian not much older. All home-grown lads and with the other talent we have coming through, a brighter time is ahead, i hope. Fullen Gaels were a step too far today and good luck to them in the final.

The worst day to underperform FFS!! They'll do well enough in future, maybe Tony is talking about tradition which is a fair comment, but I know clubs have to start somewhere and Bredagh will keep it going

btdtgtt

All true - I hope I wasn't too negative on breadagh future but it's just the impression I get.

whatsthescore

can anyone shed light on the fixtures for the coming antrim leagues, start date etc. thanks.