Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 25, 2013, 12:14:42 AM
Given that fullen Gaels are in north east England (hardly a hurling stronghold) and breadagh are one of the only clubs in south belfast / north down - would it not be fair to say that breadagh have a bigger catchment!

The bookies seem to agree anyway with breadagh 8/15 favs.

Stronger looking antrim team altho I think these games are glorified challenge games - meaningless.
Too many of them on the fixture list - does any team just get beaten and be put out anymore?
There seems to be an endless stream of backdoors and play-offs!
Then we complain about burnout!

Bredagh have a massive catchment, they will be a massive force in years to come. But they shouldnt be in this competition, as one of their players said today in Irish News " we went from intermediate to senior to junior" . They should have been in the intermediate competition but good luck to them, Fullen Gaels to win by 2 points

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 26, 2013, 03:02:42 PM
And let's not forget that the brit champs beat the county Antrim senior champs one year. They're never to be underestimated.

Forgive my ignorance?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 26, 2013, 07:08:19 PM
And let's not forget that the brit champs beat the county Antrim senior champs one year. They're never to be underestimated.

Forgive my ignorance?

Cushendall beaten by St Gabriel's, around 1991 I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Learn something new every day!
Didn't know that and I can't even say I was too young to remember!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 26, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
Learn something new every day!
Didn't know that and I can't even say I was too young to remember!

Seriously?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Very good HS!
Anything happening at Rossa hurlers?

And less of that MR2!
Maybe my memory is going with age!
Is Bellew up and running?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2013, 09:45:30 PM
I am too young to remember it but I heard a story about it a couple of years ago.

Apparently, shortly after that happened, there was a bit of banter between Ballycastle and Cushendall ones one night and the Cushendall folk were giving the Town lads a bit of stick about "letting the Orangemen walk through yer toon". A Ballycastle man replied, "Aye but the Brits ne'er beat us on the hurling field".

Thought it was a goodun.

Sure the Brits are current All Ireland senior champions :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2013, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2013, 09:45:30 PM
I am too young to remember it but I heard a story about it a couple of years ago.

Apparently, shortly after that happened, there was a bit of banter between Ballycastle and Cushendall ones one night and the Cushendall folk were giving the Town lads a bit of stick about "letting the Orangemen walk through yer toon". A Ballycastle man replied, "Aye but the Brits ne'er beat us on the hurling field".

Thought it was a goodun.

Sure the Brits are current All Ireland senior champions :o
and don't forget it.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on January 26, 2013, 07:10:29 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on January 26, 2013, 07:08:19 PM

Forgive my ignorance?

Cushendall beaten by St Gabriel's, around 1991 I think.
it was Desmonds in '92. Now a defunct club. They merged with Glen rovers to form Kilburn Gaels.

They've had some decent players in their ranks.  ;)

the waffler

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 26, 2013, 05:13:37 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on January 25, 2013, 12:14:42 AM
Given that fullen Gaels are in north east England (hardly a hurling stronghold) and breadagh are one of the only clubs in south belfast / north down - would it not be fair to say that breadagh have a bigger catchment!

The bookies seem to agree anyway with breadagh 8/15 favs.

Stronger looking antrim team altho I think these games are glorified challenge games - meaningless.
Too many of them on the fixture list - does any team just get beaten and be put out anymore?
There seems to be an endless stream of backdoors and play-offs!
Then we complain about burnout!

Bredagh have a massive catchment, they will be a massive force in years to come. But they shouldnt be in this competition, as one of their players said today in Irish News " we went from intermediate to senior to junior" . They should have been in the intermediate competition but good luck to them, Fullen Gaels to win by 2 points
a massive catchment they may have but a force dont see it,they played senior a couple years ago and were absoultely  out of there depth have e few good players young mcmullan and the hughes but hard ta see it

Tony Baloney

Bredagh 1-4 1-12 Fullen Gaels.

Kid Twist

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kid Twist on January 27, 2013, 02:49:25 PM
is that a result?
Yes and St. Gabriel's won their football semi.

At the rate the economy is going it is hardly surprising.

Seamroga in exile

Antrim were 11-6 down, they now lead 12-11.

Two Hands FFS

Won by a point after ET. Good response after last week