Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 11, 2012, 07:49:54 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 10, 2012, 02:10:55 PM
I no they have    But the fact that know1 outside our own is giving us much hope,will hopefully do what it done last year
Just shows the ignorance and the lack of respect that Antrim hurling has regardless of loughgiel winning it last year. A bit pathetic considering not one of the other 3 have ever been this far.
I remember dunloy being 10-1 v mount sion! And yes we all made a fortune in the bookies in millingar that day! Lol

Was there that day myself, made a few pound also, the local bookie didn't believe us lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2012, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 11, 2012, 07:49:54 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 10, 2012, 02:10:55 PM
I no they have    But the fact that know1 outside our own is giving us much hope,will hopefully do what it done last year
Just shows the ignorance and the lack of respect that Antrim hurling has regardless of loughgiel winning it last year. A bit pathetic considering not one of the other 3 have ever been this far.
I remember dunloy being 10-1 v mount sion! And yes we all made a fortune in the bookies in millingar that day! Lol

Was there that day myself, made a few pound also, the local bookie didn't believe us lol

Aye we've had a few free days out thanks to the southern bookies and their ignorance

btdtgtt

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 11, 2012, 11:14:53 AM
New look Antrim panel is as follows:

Ballycastle : KB McShane, N McAuley, R McGarry, M Donnelly, M Dallat

Cloughmills: C Laverty, M Devlin

Dunloy: P Doherty, K McKeague, C McKinley

Gort na Mona : D McLean

Creggan: C McCann

Loughgiel: T McCloskey, E McCloskey, S Casey

Glenariff: S McToal, M Gettens

Rossa: S Beattie, C McGuinness

Cushendall: S McNaughton, C Carson, N McManus, A Graffin,

Sarsfields: K McKernan, C Rea

Glenarm: D Hammill

St Galls: K Stewart

St Johns: C Morgan, B McFall, C McFall, S McCrory

Interesting.

On the negative side once again we see a panel with some of our top players missing, and a few involved to will be out of their depth at inter-county level.
However, the absent players cannot be helped in many cases and certainly are not the fault of Kevin Ryan.
Lets hope the guys here have the commitment and attiude to make up for them. Thats often more important than raw ability.

Looking at the city contingent:
I am delighted to see Kevin McKeirnan involved - for me he is arguably the best prospect in Belfast. Seen him hurl a few times this year and particularly against Glenarrife he showed real talent. Not afraid to mix it either, although hopefully maturity will limit the red cards.

MR2 – Glad Stewarty straight back he remains one of the best in Ulster. No McGourty?
What is the story with McAreavy this weather?

Surprised at the inclusion of Beattie - Hardstation? He was standing beside me in one game this year as he didnt make the Rossa team?!

Dessie McLean from Gort certainly deserves an oppportunity - I really mean no disrespect to Gort here but I've often wondered what he would be like at a higher level.

From the Johnnies I think McCrory was a given - great work rate and attitude. Personally I think both McFauls are a bit over-rated, they seem to promise alot but deliver little on the pitch. And I must confess ignorance on C Morgan?

Any Glensmen give us a rundown on the less familiar names or others that are missing?

riddle_me_this

Well i suppose Kevin Ryan has to go with what he has but it will be difficult to pick a strong first 15 out of these lads never mind a strong bench. But that said if these 30 odd names are turning up for training evey night and doing all that is asked of them then good luck to them and maybe a little pride could be restored in the set up therefore encouraging more interest..

btdtgtt

Lets hope is is right riddler.
Hopefully a content committed squad.

HS I don't think an inter county senior team is the place for a player with potential - they should be established senior players. Stephen Shannon not involved?

Ballybredagh

They should push the boat out to get Ciaran Clarke (Ballycastle)involved in the county set-up. Potentially the best Antrim forward in many years and worth waiting for, until the soccer season is over.

Those Tipp ones are an arrogant shower and I hope the Shamrocks meet them in the final and stuff them. I clearly remember some of their players making disparaging comments about Antrim in 1990, the year after they beat us in the AI final. At the time they said they had to beat one of the strong counties to be regarded as a good team. Ever since, I love to see them hammered, as the Cats did to them this year.

Never thought I'd say it, but come on the Shamrocks!

Seamroga in exile

Oh, would you look at that. I got all three shamrocks players on the Antrim panel correct a week before they were announced.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 11, 2012, 03:05:38 PM

Interesting.

On the negative side once again we see a panel with some of our top players missing, and a few involved to will be out of their depth at inter-county level.
However, the absent players cannot be helped in many cases and certainly are not the fault of Kevin Ryan.
Lets hope the guys here have the commitment and attiude to make up for them. Thats often more important than raw ability.

Looking at the city contingent:
I am delighted to see Kevin McKeirnan involved - for me he is arguably the best prospect in Belfast. Seen him hurl a few times this year and particularly against Glenarrife he showed real talent. Not afraid to mix it either, although hopefully maturity will limit the red cards.

MR2 – Glad Stewarty straight back he remains one of the best in Ulster. No McGourty?
What is the story with McAreavy this weather?

Surprised at the inclusion of Beattie - Hardstation? He was standing beside me in one game this year as he didnt make the Rossa team?!

Dessie McLean from Gort certainly deserves an oppportunity - I really mean no disrespect to Gort here but I've often wondered what he would be like at a higher level.

From the Johnnies I think McCrory was a given - great work rate and attitude. Personally I think both McFauls are a bit over-rated, they seem to promise alot but deliver little on the pitch. And I must confess ignorance on C Morgan?

Any Glensmen give us a rundown on the less familiar names or others that are missing?
If that is the gaffers panel then no-one is "missing"  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 11, 2012, 07:28:48 PM
Oh, would you look at that. I got all three shamrocks players on the Antrim panel correct a week before they were announced.  ;)

That would be like me getting the Galls player who's picked for the Antrim team!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

SiE and mr2 have u both fallen out?!

Minder

Johnnie Tosh involved in the back room team.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on December 11, 2012, 09:34:55 PM
That news was in Saturday's paper. Also mentioned that sprinter Paul McKee would be assisting in the fitness work with a focus on speed and flexibility rather than strength and conditioning more suited to footballers.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2012, 09:46:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 11, 2012, 09:34:55 PM
That news was in Saturday's paper. Also mentioned that sprinter Paul McKee would be assisting in the fitness work with a focus on speed and flexibility rather than strength and conditioning more suited to footballers.

I haven't time to read newspapers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CitySlicker11

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 11, 2012, 04:36:33 PM

HS I don't think an inter county senior team is the place for a player with potential - they should be established senior players. Stephen Shannon not involved?

Had heard somewhere that he is due an operation at some stage.

Think we can assume the names that people are thinking about not being involved, don't want to be involved so no point discussing it any further. Good luck to those named.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 11, 2012, 11:10:22 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 11, 2012, 04:36:33 PM

Had heard somewhere that he is due an operation at some stage.

Think we can assume the names that people are thinking about not being involved, don't want to be involved so no point discussing it any further. Good luck to those named.
Ryan has said there may be further cuts but there will be no additions and appears to be adopting a decent pragmatic approach. He will work with boys that are interested and not give the others a second thought. Seems fair enough.