Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

You would have to fancy Thurles to beat that Offaly crowd - Oulart must be kicking themselves.
St Thomas won't be easy for Loughiel before then however - and given the standard they set themselves I am sure the Shamrocks will not be leaving any stone unturned for the semi-final.
I dont think venue will be confirmed until close to the time tho?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 10, 2012, 10:08:55 AM
You would have to fancy Thurles to beat that Offaly crowd - Oulart must be kicking themselves.
St Thomas won't be easy for Loughiel before then however - and given the standard they set themselves I am sure the Shamrocks will not be leaving any stone unturned for the semi-final.

I'd be very surprised if it's not Parnell, has been the venue for a lot of the games recently with Ulster teams in the Hurling. Doubt Clones will get the nod or Mullingar. And besides I always stop over for a few pints, so Dublin is the better venue  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2012, 10:22:45 AM

I'd be very surprised if it's not Parnell, has been the venue for a lot of the games recently with Ulster teams in the Hurling. Doubt Clones will get the nod or Mullingar. And besides I always stop over for a few pints, so Dublin is the better venue  :P

For that very reason I could see it being Mullingar.

Last Man

Winter hurling doesn't suit many players, whoever adapts/copes well with the weather can hold a big advantage over pedegree. Being used to the tight frosts round the midlands is sticking to the Offaly boys so far anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on December 10, 2012, 11:13:21 AM
Winter hurling doesn't suit many players, whoever adapts/copes well with the weather can hold a big advantage over pedegree. Being used to the tight frosts round the midlands is sticking to the Offaly boys so far anyway.

Never mind Offaly, I've not warmed up from Jordanstown yesterday FFS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

You should have known it wasnt a good gig when Speedy didnt snap it up first ;D
Sure you never left the centre circle, any wonder you were froze!! :P

Sleeping giant

Well going by the bookies.  Thurles is big favorites to win out right and st Thomas is 2nd favorites.   Happy enough with that to be honest.  Nothing expected of our lads outside of our own club and a few others in the county. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

.....and the bookies haven't got it wrong by a country mile in the past have they  ::). There're a bit like ulster GAA writers when it comes to club hurling.

I think loughgiel are the team to beat based on the form they showed when they got out of ulster last year and them being as hungry as ever
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on December 10, 2012, 01:50:47 PM
.....and the bookies haven't got it wrong by a country mile in the past have they  ::). There're a bit like ulster GAA writers when it comes to club hurling.

I think loughgiel are the team to beat based on the form they showed when they got out of ulster last year and them being as hungry as ever

+1 to all of that especially Ulster GAA Writers!

Sleeping giant

I no they have    But the fact that know1 outside our own is giving us much hope,will hopefully do what it done last year
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on December 10, 2012, 12:19:04 PM
You should have known it wasnt a good gig when Speedy didnt snap it up first ;D
Sure you never left the centre circle, any wonder you were froze!! :P

Right enough.

3leafer

http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5919&start=120#p40237

Have look at this post on the Offaly website quoting what the thurles boys are saying

Last Man

Quote from: 3leafer on December 10, 2012, 05:25:00 PM
http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5919&start=120#p40237

Have look at this post on the Offaly website quoting what the thurles boys are saying
No real surprise there, they'd want to mind themselves.. that will KK at it till Feb anyway ::)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 10, 2012, 02:10:55 PM
I no they have    But the fact that know1 outside our own is giving us much hope,will hopefully do what it done last year
Just shows the ignorance and the lack of respect that Antrim hurling has regardless of loughgiel winning it last year. A bit pathetic considering not one of the other 3 have ever been this far.
I remember dunloy being 10-1 v mount sion! And yes we all made a fortune in the bookies in millingar that day! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!

CitySlicker11

New look Antrim panel is as follows:

Ballycastle : KB McShane, N McAuley, R McGarry, M Donnelly, M Dallat

Cloughmills: C Laverty, M Devlin

Dunloy: P Doherty, K McKeague, C McKinley

Gort na Mona : D McLean

Creggan: C McCann

Loughgiel: T McCloskey, E McCloskey, S Casey

Glenariff: S McToal, M Gettens

Rossa: S Beattie, C McGuinness

Cushendall: S McNaughton, C Carson, N McManus, A Graffin,