Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 06, 2012, 12:36:39 PM
Did anybody manage to find out from Convention if there was any confirmation of the championship structure next year?
The two legged thing was threw out. Never was wanted.
At the min the Antrim teams in div 1 will all play senior championship with st galls havin the option to play either. Same with cloughmills as the intermediaye winners.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 06, 2012, 02:17:27 PM
Recent episodes?

I am not saying its necessarily support for Glenarrife - I am just saying it was a city team there would be definite opposition to it.
Have I a chip on my shoulder? Yes.
But its happened before!
For the record our club was against the expansion regardless of who was going to come up to make the 10.
IMO it won't work with ten as it happened before with games not being played. 18 games to complete? I will be amazed of they are all played in most cases.
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

Think the 10 team Division 1 was the recommendation of the Hurling Focus Group with Championship being determined by a club's league status. St Gall's are in Division 2 but can play senior championship if desired. A club can if they wish play in the Championship above their division but cannot drop to a lesser championship. eg a Division 2 team cannot play in the Junior Hurling Championship

btdtgtt

I don't think 18 games is alot to ask even by Antrim fixture standards but time will tell.

Certainly glad the home/away was discarded!

Do league standings affect championship grade only or the actual draw ie seeding?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 06, 2012, 04:31:31 PM
I don't think 18 games is alot to ask even by Antrim fixture standards but time will tell.

Certainly glad the home/away was discarded!

Do league standings affect championship grade only or the actual draw ie seeding?
The league is only a bearing on what championship you can enter. Don't think there's seeding as there's no enough teams to do that.

I don't mind all the extra games but for long periods this season we had breaks due to county football and hurling. The dual clubs get it tighter than the hurling clubs.

Hopefully it works.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I have made that point before - its the "big long breaks" that need to stop.

JamesH

Btdtgtt, the only possible way the long breaks will cease is if the clubs play without their County players and the Clubs your and mine refuse to do so for many logical reasons. I have studied the fixture list for years and i'm afraid its unfortunately as good its going to get at the minute,in my opinion.

Exiled John

Two years ago when a few motions went to county convention on changing league structures and were dismissed was there not a bye-law implemented that stated all future changes to leagues would take 1 year to implement. (Think it was to stop clubs attempting to 'promote' themselves through structure changes).

If so are the county board breaking their own rules by implementing these changes??

theskull1

Yes...I thought that was the case..forgot about that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

If it was carried by a simple majority then ut would take 1year to implement.
That bye-law included a clause which stated that leagues could be changed straight away if a large enough majority (I believe 2/3) was in favour. This is common practice with all regulations after all if 100% wanted urgent change why would any organisation want to be in a regulation straight jacket.

As for the long breaks - the solution is not for clubs to play without county players - it's for the county to stop this ridiculous practice of grinding the bread and butter games to a halt because of the procession of games far in advance! We face weeks on end for the sake of 15 guys getting ready to play a Carlow or a Westmeath!
And on another point - they are not county players - they are club players representing the county.
Lets agree on 6/7days clear before a championship game - no more. 1lwqgue fixture in the whole of August in shameful.

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 06, 2012, 11:23:22 PM
If it was carried by a simple majority then ut would take 1year to implement.
That bye-law included a clause which stated that leagues could be changed straight away if a large enough majority (I believe 2/3) was in favour. This is common practice with all regulations after all if 100% wanted urgent change why would any organisation want to be in a regulation straight jacket.

As for the long breaks - the solution is not for clubs to play without county players - it's for the county to stop this ridiculous practice of grinding the bread and butter games to a halt because of the procession of games far in advance! We face weeks on end for the sake of 15 guys getting ready to play a Carlow or a Westmeath!
And on another point - they are not county players - they are club players representing the county.
Lets agree on 6/7days clear before a championship game - no more. 1lwqgue fixture in the whole of August in shameful.

100% correct.
New season - new reason

Seamroga in exile

I fancy kilcormac/Killoughey for Leinster tomorrow.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Not very savvy with twitter myself SiE but is there a Watson story there?

Seamroga in exile

I wouldn't have thought so.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Heard what happened last night with him but I ain't carrying stories.
hurl like f**k boi!