Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Derry hurling clubs invited to play in the Antrim leagues this year. Not sure if many of them are taking up the offer though. Only one so far I believe.

btdtgtt

They were invited?
I was led to believe they requested to join!
Who would have the authority to invite without the consent of Antrim clubs?!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 04, 2012, 03:03:49 PM
They were invited?

I presume any new teams from Derry or otherwise will be joining in Div4 Like Bredagh did?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on December 04, 2012, 03:06:57 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 04, 2012, 03:03:49 PM
They were invited?

I presume any new teams from Derry or otherwise will be joining in Div4 Like Bredagh did?

In fairness this would be right, but the likes of Dungiven and Lavey and the likes would find this completely fruitless and not bother turning up. Would also be of no benefit to the other teams in Div 4 for that matter.

Bredagh, while a decent team have found their level at the minute in Div 3
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Believe they were invited to participate in Antrim subject to clearance from the Derry County Board, but I think most of them are not taking up the offer as it might clash with the bokeball.

CentreHalfBack

Motion 5
That all Underage Football and Hurling playing times be unified through the county.
County Committee / Football & Hurling Focus Groups

Motion 6
That the;
Antrim Div 1 Hurling league (2013) consists of 10 teams playing home and away
Antrim Div 2 Hurling league (2013) consists of 10 teams playing home and away
Antrim Div 3 Hurling league (2013) consists of 8 teams playing home and away
Antrim Div 4 Hurling league (2013) consists of 6 teams playing home and away
County Committee / Hurling Focus Group

Motion 7
Antrim Teams who participate in the Div 1 Hurling league - play in the Antrim Senior Hurling Championship in that same year.
Antrim Teams who participate in the Div 2 Hurling league - play in the Antrim Intermediate Hurling Championship in that same year.
Antrim Teams who participate in the Div 3 Hurling league - play in the Antrim Junior Hurling Championship in that same year.

Motion 8
That a Junior "B" Hurling competition be introduced in 2013 for Antrim teams participating in Div 4 of the All County Hurling League.

Motion 9
1st Round games in the Antrim Senior, Intermediate, and Junior Hurling Championships are played on a home and away bases. Winner decided on aggregate score over the 2 games.

Motion 10
Antrim Hurling Competitions from U14 to Minor to be played on an All County bases.
New season - new reason

btdtgtt

Thanks CHB!

All seem ok to me so far apart from the concerns I already expressed on championship grades & aggregate scores. I am really firmly against both.

What do the rest of you guys think?

Can't see the Derry thing working for the sane reason previous posts stated.

Last Man

Re. Motion 7
so having won junior last year we play intermediate next season.....2 grades above our division.. Magic!!! :o

Milltown Row2

Against us Last man!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 03, 2012, 05:17:27 PM
Admire your consistency SIE in never giving away to much on Loughgiel, maybe you are a lot closer to the panel than you let on?

How's the county set up getting on, are they training away at the minute?
I hear rumours that Ryan's backroom team are nearly in place.

Btw CS, Lg are flying in training, apparently.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Last Man on December 04, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
Re. Motion 7
so having won junior last year we play intermediate next season.....2 grades above our division.. Magic!!! :o

You read it that way Last Man?

The way I read that is that you fellas play in the new Junior B championship and Cloughmills play in either the Intermediate or Junior Championship (depending on whether they are in division 2 or 3).

If I am right, it seems incredibly unfair that, having won their respective championships on the basis that winning entitled them to go up a grade, this is taken away from them "after the event."

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2012, 08:47:47 PM
Against us Last man!!
jesus wept! What a contest that would be.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Last Man on December 04, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
Re. Motion 7

Would you not be part of an 8 team div 3 which is only one league down from most intermediate clubs, and cloughmills would be part of div 2 only one leage down from the senior clubs they would play against in championship. with the 10. 10. 8 and 6 format for league numbers, you guys would go up with cdun, glenariff and the tessies???

i think i predicted motion 6 a few months back

Gizzy15

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 20, 2012, 08:22:41 AM
Div 2 and 3 are competitive though are still open to change. Intermedaite C'ship final between 2 Div 3 teams who could hold their own in Div 2. also Clooney Gaels and Armoy. Would it not be possible to Have top 2from Div 2 promoted to Div 1 no relegation(10 team div 1) top 4 in Div 3 all of whome are capable up to div 2 (10 team div 2). and top 4 fom Div 4 up to Div 3 (8 team Div 3).

If you Look at the teams this would involve all the Leagues would be very competitive. Div 1 teams may not want two up but would this really detract from standard as one of the two div 2 teams will be going up anyway and they are of a similar standard.

Just an opnion and not wanting to ruffle any feathers just to see what other people think.

very like motion 6 at the moment, only real way to go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on December 04, 2012, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 20, 2012, 08:22:41 AM
Div 2 and 3 are competitive though are still open to change. Intermediate C'ship final between 2 Div 3 teams who could hold their own in Div 2. also Clooney Gaels and Armoy. Would it not be possible to Have top 2from Div 2 promoted to Div 1 no relegation(10 team div 1) top 4 in Div 3 all of whome are capable up to div 2 (10 team div 2). and top 4 fom Div 4 up to Div 3 (8 team Div 3).

If you Look at the teams this would involve all the Leagues would be very competitive. Div 1 teams may not want two up but would this really detract from standard as one of the two div 2 teams will be going up anyway and they are of a similar standard.

Just an opnion and not wanting to ruffle any feathers just to see what other people think.

very like motion 6 at the moment, only real way to go

I'm not saying we'd win the Intermediate championship but i would say we'd be the bookies fav to win it. We'd get nothing out of competing in it in fairness and would prefer to have a go at Senior Championship