Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

For what its worth lads, the Loughgiel players were excused from attending the meeting and training by K. Ryan himself. He met the Loughgiel lads in Loughgiel on another date.

But why let the facts get in the way of a newspaper article or rumour mongering, eh?  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

no problem then from loughgiel brigade.  who were the lads that didn't turn up ???????/

was going to say name them, did this thing not happen before lads didn't show up and were named

one things for sure Kevin Ryan must be thinking we are some lot

the good thing is then SIE we might finally have to go with the full sham 15 for the county and it will settle a few old arguments that have been on this board

reckon you should write in and let The Ulster Hurler of the Century KNOW, i'm sure it would give you a little satisfaction

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 08, 2012, 08:44:20 PM
For what its worth lads, the Loughgiel players were excused from attending the meeting and training by K. Ryan himself. He met the Loughgiel lads in Loughgiel on another date.

But why let the facts get in the way of a newspaper article or rumour mongering, eh?  ::)

Now if he said that or done that why did you not come out and say that at the start of the thread?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Is sambo involved in the county set up again?
Really?
Surely not?
It cannot be?
Not even in Antrim?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2012, 10:09:44 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 08, 2012, 08:44:20 PM

Now if he said that or done that why did you not come out and say that at the start of the thread?
this is what happened Mr2. I just give you the facts rather than nonsense.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 08, 2012, 10:12:59 PM
Is sambo involved in the county set up again?
Really?
Surely not?
It cannot be?
Not even in Antrim?
I don't think anyone knows yet, if they do they're keeping it quiet. We haven't heard anything.

Minder

Cormac Donnelly opting out of county setup next season according to Irish News.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2012, 11:15:27 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 08, 2012, 11:10:02 PM
Can only assume he doesn't plan to be in the country next year??

Dunno, story is due to be in Irish News tomorrow, saw it on their Twitter feed there.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Minder on November 08, 2012, 11:20:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2012, 11:15:27 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 08, 2012, 11:10:02 PM
Can only assume he doesn't plan to be in the country next year??

Dunno, story is due to be in Irish News tomorrow, saw it on their Twitter feed there.
I heard he was unhappy at how things were handled during his suspension this year..although not 100% sure on that

btdtgtt

Know his club manager well - he has issues with county board not settled since last year and is a massive club man. Ballycastle expect him to hurl all season for them not going abroad.
I would not be surprised if he joined the county set up at a later date however.

Seamroga in exile

I heard shorty didn't show either. Both he and hippy would be a big loss for the county.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 09, 2012, 06:17:52 AM
I heard shorty didn't show either. Both he and hippy would be a big loss for the county.

The word I have is that both will not be joining the squad and will be playing for their clubs.

btdtgtt

Just read Cormac Donnelly's article.

I have to say he comes across very well in it.
Firstly he states his desire and pride to play for the county - and further he had the courtesy to meet with Kevin Ryan.

However he says he has simply no choice with his current injuries but to opt out. Maybe he is right - a player of his physical size is boung to put pressure on the body and he he doesnt get these sorted out in his younger years his career will be cut short.

Antrim's loss will be Ballycastle's gain.

What is the issue with Shiels from Dunloy?

I still can't get my head round those turnouts for training - Skull's point regarding why players do not commit is smack bang on the money as far as I am concerned. I dont like the lack of commitment but I can see why it has happened.
I wonder what our friends in Casement or the Glensmen are doing about it?
Probably nothing - protecting their own little empires.

It must be baffling for Southerners to see a county which has the All Ireland Club Champions not be able to throw out a decent effort of a county side. If only they knew!

maxpower

It is up to every player to decide what they want.  County hurling is only for you if you enjoy it.  IMHO it demands too much of a young mans life.  Every county pushing to do a wee bit more than the others, even mediocre performance demands serious time commitments.  I honestly believe it is time for the GAA to go down the route of 'International Soccer' in terms of county selections and preparation

What happens next????

NAG1

Quote from: maxpower on November 09, 2012, 10:12:06 AM
It is up to every player to decide what they want.  County hurling is only for you if you enjoy it.  IMHO it demands too much of a young mans life.  Every county pushing to do a wee bit more than the others, even mediocre performance demands serious time commitments.  I honestly believe it is time for the GAA to go down the route of 'International Soccer' in terms of county selections and preparation

I would agree that county hurling suits some guys but not all. There are weekends away that are even unseen from most casual observers, then the cries of derision when it doesnt go according to plan.

Also in fairness CD is getting on like he is a veteran of 10yrs + releasing a statement that he cant commit, how many seasons, full seasons has he played for Antrim or Ballycastle for that matter?