Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

they are back again, prob doing gym work
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

There were 12 turned up for two training sessions apparently, out of a panel of 30. A third session was canceled. So, unless we had 18 players called up to the panel, there were a fair few from other clubs missing.

As far as I know the panel aren't training this month. Then, as one LG player put it "two months of ball breaking training".
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

What is the back room team does anyone know?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 08, 2012, 01:23:16 PM
There were 12 turned up for two training sessions apparently, out of a panel of 30. A third session was canceled. So, unless we had 18 players called up to the panel, there were a fair few from other clubs missing.

As far as I know the panel aren't training this month. Then, as one LG player put it "two months of ball breaking training".

No training, I wouldn't expect our lads to be training at the football camp either, though I'd expect them to at least show up at the meeting and listen to the new managers ideas for the year ahead.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

So we have a new manager - and the fresh impetus brought 12 hurlers to a county team training session?
Good God of Almighty! Is this true?
If it is the Loughgiel boys are at least the ones with the best excuse!
Whats going on?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2012, 01:49:07 PM

No training, I wouldn't expect our lads to be training at the football camp either, though I'd expect them to at least show up at the meeting and listen to the new managers ideas for the year ahead.

+1

I would imagine they wouldnt be seen again until their participation in the All Ireland series was over.

cfclg

I also heard about the 20 something players at the initial meeting - disgrace. 12 or so at 2 trainings and one further training cancelled - also a disgrace. What must Kevin Ryan be thinking when he drives up here to be met with that. I just don't know anymore.

On the league restructuring topic. There is a lot of gossip doing the rounds of the four teams up into div 1 etc etc. Is there a date or a meeting at which this will be decided????

Buswhacker

Nag 1........ will that be February or March, I wonder ?

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on October 11, 2012, 03:17:24 PM
My belief is that because we are minnows at IC level, the top hurlers from the top clubs feel that they will get more recognition representing their clubs in a county championship and for some a run in the all ireland series is always a possibiliy. In the top counties you could be a great club hurler but never get any decent recognition of your craft if your from one of the countless teams in that county who will never win a county title. Its seen as a huge honour to be selected out of a massive playing population and seems to be they all grab their opertunity with both hands. In Antrim theres a could take it or leave it attitude to a call up as theres an almost certain pointlessness to it. That attitude exists in the supporters as well (myself included  :-\ )

The way the IC championship is set up and the popularity of the AI club series, I reckon Antrim wont break much delft in the years ahead.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Did the individuals on this panel of 30 express an interest in committing to playing intercounty hurling or was it just assumed they'd want to play for Antrim?

If they'd given a commitment to the manager and then only 12 turned up then that's bad work on each individual players part.

Seamroga in exile

The  Loughgiel players aren't committing to anything until after their participation in the all Ireland. They are currently in the middle of a training break.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 08, 2012, 03:56:03 PM
The  Loughgiel players aren't committing to anything until after their participation in the all Ireland. They are currently in the middle of a training break.

So they couldnt have gone along for an hour long meeting to hear what the new manager was all about and where he was headed with the squad? Poor fare in my opinion but since they were on a training break maybe they should be forgiven.

btdtgtt

As regards the loughgiel boys:

1) it would have been preferable for the loughgiel boys to attend particularly as its a new manager
2) however they are on a break and not currently part of the panel for obvious reasons - so can't be punished as such for not attending

What is of greater concern to me is that there are seemingly many other who didn't attend and do not have such a reason!
Kevin Ryan I don't think can be blamed on this!

Seamroga in exile

And what about the other players from other clubs that didn't turn up nag? Why are you and your fellow Dall man shy in mentioning them?

maybe when they return to the fold they might get a pass given to them this time.

saffron89

Antrim Hurling never fails to mess about

the shamrock brigade should show to a meeting and Ryan discuss his plans.  thats a given i think.  the loughgiel boys off course shouldn't be asked to do anything else in that regards until they finish with the shamrocks.  if they are on a break at the minute then even better for them to make meeting

for the rest a bit of a disgrace.  however all those players i hope were properly informed about attending and contacted as opposed to seeing name on a list somewhere, even if it is through thier secretary in the club

not sure about mighty sambo and his involvement, please tell me he isn't on panel