Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 30, 2012, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2012, 09:29:32 AM
;D b**tards!

Which one of you cnuts is responsible for @hardstation2 on twitter?

Can I please state that this is not me.
I have to admit I was a bit unsettled when whoever it is followed me on there.  :o
Me2.  I was like,   Ohhh fcuk.  Lol.    Follows alot of interesting people tho :D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on October 30, 2012, 03:41:30 PM
Id say he is closer to 36 than 31 SG

Yeah, think he's 37 now.

TBH, he'd still be the best keeper in Down, Keating for Portaferry has made a few boo-boo's this year and doesn't like anyone anywhere near him. Stephen Keith of Ballycran has been injured all year and isn't bad, but not a patch on his old fella.

I'd be fairly critical of big Magic, but I haven't seen a better full forward in Antrim or Ulster than him, he'd been feeding off scraps when playing for us and as we'd no other real scoring threat he'd always be double marked.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2012, 04:40:48 PM
I never heard of most of them. Seemed to be following quite a high number of St. Galls people at one point too.
MR2 taking the piss??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 30, 2012, 05:14:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2012, 04:40:48 PM
I never heard of most of them. Seemed to be following quite a high number of St. Galls people at one point too.
MR2 taking the piss??

Sorry, I'm not a stalker I do have a life outside of the computer!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thedog 83

few players I feel would make a combined Ulster squad - As I say this is my opinion and with the right training and management structures in places could and I stress could do something down South.

Antrim

DD Quinn, Johnny Campbell, M Scullion, T McCloskey, L Watson, E McCloskey, J Scullion, N McManus, A Graffin, S McNaughton,           R McGarry, C Donnelly, N McAuley, P Shiels, S Dowds, K Molloy, B McFall, S McCrory

Down

C Baillie, S Ennis, C Woods, M Ennis, D Toner, P Braniff

Derry

D McDermott, M Warnock, L Hinphey, O McCloskey, K Hinphey, P Henry, R Convery

Armagh

R McGrattan, D Carvill, C Carvill, R Gaffney

Lecale2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thedog 83 on October 30, 2012, 09:41:31 PM
few players I feel would make a combined Ulster squad - As I say this is my opinion and with the right training and management structures in places could and I stress could do something down South.

Antrim

DD Quinn, Johnny Campbell, M Scullion, T McCloskey, L Watson, E McCloskey, J Scullion, N McManus, A Graffin, S McNaughton,           R McGarry, C Donnelly, N McAuley, P Shiels, S Dowds, K Molloy, B McFall, S McCrory

Down

Derry

Armagh

B McFall over Karl Stewart? And S McCrory? Hmmmmm have you watched much hurling?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2012, 10:49:06 PM
QuoteNothing like massaging my ego on the GAAboard pontificating from the sidelines and offering nothing to humanity while remaining anonymous
;D

Didn't realise he moderated the county guestbook too!
hogwash!  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2012, 11:10:29 PM
Quote from: thedog 83 on October 30, 2012, 09:41:31 PM

Antrim

Down

Derry

Armagh

B McFall over Karl Stewart? And S McCrory? Hmmmmm have you watched much hurling?
plus theres lads on here that doesnt make the county team and there making an ulster team??     :o

Seamroga in exile

And no R. McCloskey?  ???
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the waffler

baillie and toner not in  that bracket

thedog 83

Folks calm down - I forgot about Karl Stewart for the Ulster squad but don't worry he would be in it. Regarding players that are not on the County Squads at present but I have named, you would need to ask the previous and current County Managers why there not in County squads cause I have seen Tony McCloskey and Kevin Molloy numerous times this year and they have been 1st class.

C Baillie and D Toner have played County hurling for at least 1 year now and seemed to feature on the score sheet. Whilst the probably wouldn't start they could be options. Hence I named a panel and not a team!!!

Remember this is my opinion folks!!!

NAG1

Quote from: thedog 83 on November 02, 2012, 10:04:18 AM
Folks calm down - I forgot about Karl Stewart for the Ulster squad but don't worry he would be in it. Regarding players that are not on the County Squads at present but I have named, you would need to ask the previous and current County Managers why there not in County squads cause I have seen Tony McCloskey and Kevin Molloy numerous times this year and they have been 1st class.

C Baillie and D Toner have played County hurling for at least 1 year now and seemed to feature on the score sheet. Whilst the probably wouldn't start they could be options. Hence I named a panel and not a team!!!

Remember this is my opinion folks!!!

Neither are county standard.

This is a pointless debate as its not going to happen.

CitySlicker11

I'd disagree with you there NAG1, throughout the championship and especially in the final both these players had great games. Tony has nailed down a starting place for the All Ireland champions, and Kevin is one the best and most consistent performers for Dunloy, who were only a few points behind the current champions. Both are more than capable of representing Antrim, or at least making the panel.

NAG1

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 02, 2012, 01:57:42 PM
I'd disagree with you there NAG1, throughout the championship and especially in the final both these players had great games. Tony has nailed down a starting place for the All Ireland champions, and Kevin is one the best and most consistent performers for Dunloy, who were only a few points behind the current champions. Both are more than capable of representing Antrim, or at least making the panel.

Feel free to disagree its all about opinions on here not everyone is going to agree anyway.

IMO both players are good club players, not exceptional and for me thats the difference between a good club player and a county player. I dont see either having the extra gear that it takes to be County standard, to me that happens in the top 2 inches.