Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2012, 09:43:25 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 27, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
I would like to think players going into big games have their kinda focused 100% on the games rather than paying heed to how their socks look for the suits in the stand.

I believe the footballers change socks as the grip the inside of the boots better! Common in soccer!
Doubt it. Have you ever heard of the "championship haircut"?
What is it these days? A f**king feathercut or something. Used to be a buzzcut and then there was a spate of bleaching went on.

btdtgtt

Once heard john mullane use that exact phrase! Yes I've seen the teams going out bleached or shaved but don't think it was done during the parade or team talk somehow!

btdtgtt

Get away'a that hardstation!

Minder

I work with a fella that knows a few Irish League soccer players and if they are being shown live on Sky they hit the sunbeds in the run up to the game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on October 27, 2012, 10:37:51 PM
I work with a fella that knows a few Irish League soccer players and if they are being shown live on Sky they hit the sunbeds in the run up to the game.

Cheaper doing a spray on tan i hear ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2012, 10:33:22 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 27, 2012, 10:23:22 PM
Get away'a that hardstation!
Apparently true. Something tells me Sambo covered it in his book but not sure (it wasn't Sambo fixing his hair in the mirror, right enough).
I certainly remember discussing it with someone a while back and he seemed to think it was a Rossa man. Not that it mattered as we still would have been tanked.

Anyway, things like that happen all the time.
Has been discussed here before re. D. Armstrong.

btdtgtt

Granted I am no sambo fan as SIE will confirm but that sounds like a petty swipe in the book - sambo no stranger to pampering his own ego.
Armstrong hardly lost us that all Ireland regardless if the story was accurate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 27, 2012, 11:04:07 PM
Granted I am no sambo fan as SIE will confirm but that sounds like a petty swipe in the book - sambo no stranger to pampering his own ego.

Not stopping Nicky English I think lost it for us  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2012, 11:14:20 PM
If it was in Sambo's book (a long time since I read it), I'm near sure he didn't name the player.
Did he say it was a Rossa player? Would certainly have narrowed it down.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2012, 11:17:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2012, 11:09:50 PM

Not stopping Nicky English I think lost it for us  ::)
Had Nicky English not played that day we still would have been tanked. They were streets ahead in every area.

Of course they were, was piss taking. Though was some personal tally

ONeill

Am I imagining it but wasn't there a game within the last 20 years that Antrim lost in the semis and could've won? Was it Kilkenny or Limerick. A high scoring yoke.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 27, 2012, 11:25:08 PM
Am I imagining it but wasn't there a game within the last 20 years that Antrim lost in the semis and could've won? Was it Kilkenny or Limerick. A high scoring yoke.
Kilkenny '91??

Tony Baloney

I think we are settled on Kilkenny 1991 then (2 point defeat).