Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 14, 2012, 02:35:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 14, 2012, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 14, 2012, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 14, 2012, 09:38:16 AM
Yous two boys must be ancient.  :P
What sort of outfit fielding for Ulster? Hardly risk the top boys against Middletown!

Middletown should have won the All Ireland last year at Intermediate level if they have done any work since then they would be decent enough
That may be so but they are missing a couple of players and I watched them scrape past Cuchullains in the county final. They are very much an intermediate team and I just hope they keep within double figures of the Shamrocks today.

Whats happened to Keady? Christ they were a strong team at that level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 14, 2012, 03:11:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 14, 2012, 02:35:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 14, 2012, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 14, 2012, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 14, 2012, 09:38:16 AM
Yous two boys must be ancient.  :P
What sort of outfit fielding for Ulster? Hardly risk the top boys against Middletown!

Middletown should have won the All Ireland last year at Intermediate level if they have done any work since then they would be decent enough
That may be so but they are missing a couple of players and I watched them scrape past Cuchullains in the county final. They are very much an intermediate team and I just hope they keep within double figures of the Shamrocks today.

Whats happened to Keady? Christ they were a strong team at that level
Still there or thereabouts. Used to be Middletown and Keady fighting it out but would say there is little to separate them and Cuchullains as each year passes. Senior championship in Armagh one semi-final and a bye and Middletown beat Keady so wouldnt read too much into it.

btdtgtt

Wasn't there a serious digging match in the Armagh hurling championship this year?
Shamrocks beware!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 14, 2012, 03:30:06 PM
Wasn't there a serious digging match in the Armagh hurling championship this year?
Shamrocks beware!
Keady v Middletown in county semi. Locally rivalry spilling over and are not rough by any stretch of the imagination.

Seamroga in exile

Ht. 12 - 5 to shamrocks
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Thurles. Oulart. De la salle. All won   Portumna beat by 2  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 14, 2012, 03:00:42 PM
Portaferry stuffing swatragh. 20 points to 1-6.

Ports were a bit worried about this one as Swatragh were an unknown entity to them and it's been a while since a Down club team have had it easy against one. They'll be content enough with that victory.

The Ports seem to be building as they go, not very impressive against us and struggled against Ballycran who I thought were the better team for long spells, but the Ports got three goals in as many minutes at the start of the second half and held out for the win without doing anything spectacular.

Loughguile will have one eye already on an AI semi-final in February and should have enough for the Ports, who do seem to do rightly against Loughguile in the league, but championship is a different kettle of fish.

north aontroim gael

We won with a good bit in hand, changed the team up a bit as well which should keep the lads fresh and on their toes.

I fancied Portaferry for the other game but they won with more to spare than I thought.

Portaferry on their day have caused us a few problems in the past but I'd fancy us to win by 6 or 7 points provided the lads approach it right.

Does anyone have any betting for the hurling Club Championship?

Thurles Sarsfields looked handy yesterday and I think Oulart are going to have a big say this year.

Milltown Row2

Portumna out, and by all accounts is was a ding dong battle, Have been impressed with the Galway Championship the last few years with the winners changing so much lately.

Loughgiel, should they beat Portaferry, will be looking forward to whoever they play and will be confident regardless Portumna being there or not.

The big guns in Munster and Leinster still about so still plenty of interest about.

Thurles have blown up every year so I wouldn't say they will be the ones to watch north antrim gael
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

Can never get my head around how that Thurles team aren't competing for All Irelands year in year out, individually they are up there with the likes of Ballyhale, Portumna and Newtownshandrum. Even that auld character Redser made an appearnace yesterday in what was a great game.

How is the Kilkenny county championship going?

Can't see Loughgiel being stopped in Ulster. Fancy them to make it to another All Ireland final but to loose out to the Leinster champions.

Sleeping giant

Ourlart has underachived IMO as past few years.  But looked good in Wexford final yesterday.   If our lads get past portaferry and put the same effort in as last year, they have a chance of another final.  That tipp outfit look the team to beat.

NAG1

The tipp teams always flatter to deceive, look great but when the pitches get heavier and the opposition a little tougher they dont seem to count, well in recent years anyway!

Sleeping giant

Your right as past few years nag.  But I  think there a different team now.   Alot of county stars on that team.   Good few of them in around 24/25 also.  So maybe has took them 3/4 years to get it going.   Anyhow.  Some day of GAA yesterday  14 county finals and a load more 1/4 and semi finals. 

Na Glinntí Glasa

never understood that one myself about the tipp club teams. they never seem to do well in munster at all.
too early yet to decide whos the team to watch at the min as now its into winter hurling and the tough teams will make it through now.
lgiel will be favourites to retain their title,well up here they are, tho the southern media will make some other team the favourite solely based on the county they come from for some unknown reason!
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Loughgiel will not be favorites.  There will be at least 4 maybe 5 teams at the minute ahead of them.   Rightly so.  Sure we beat no1 last year :o.