Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Not much of a signal here but left ballycastle at half time - Rossa blowing Carey away in a procession. 
Congrats HS - I have already eaten my humble pie so suffice to say I am delighted for Rossa! Looks like a good times returning there.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2012, 07:22:53 PM
Well they won't if they win Ulster intermediate be able to play in the Ulster inter championship again.

Hopefully we get them next year :o

I'd say they are thinking the same thing about you boys, Milltown!!!!!!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 07, 2012, 07:51:59 PM
Not much of a signal here but left ballycastle at half time - Rossa blowing Carey away in a procession. 
Congrats HS - I have already eaten my humble pie so suffice to say I am delighted for Rossa! Looks like a good times returning there.

Well if the leagues changed as I have heard, we'll be joining them from 4th place :o. But they will be tanking us so won't be much craic.

Well better meeting us than your good friends from up the road clootfromthe21
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Buswhacker on October 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM
God jesus jones I've been watching your posts for years,you're easily the most anti LG plonker I've ever seen on any forum. Everything that happens is LG's fault. According to you they get all the ref's decisions and any they never deserve to win anything. Get a life and dry you're tears,everybody else has.
Exactly we all accept that what ever jim wants joe will grant it ;)
hurl like f**k boi!

Fairhead

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 07, 2012, 08:06:01 AM
Auld Stock why on earth would you be glad that someone who struck another player with a stick while the ball wasn't in play only got a yellow card? That send out completely the wrong message to everyone who plays hurling. Why would a parent take their child to play hurling when it is acceptable for someone to hit them on the head with a stick and not even get punished. As I said I won't try and defend Shane who deserved a red card but just because you think Johnny Campbell has never pulled a dirty stroke (which is rubbish by the way he did it the last time we played in the league) does it mean he shouldn't get a red card for deliberate striking off the ball? Complete rubbish Auld Stock. His was a red card offence and a red card should have been issued, regardless of Loughgiel's involvement in the Ulster Championship and his previous record. Mc Grath certainly didn't take Shane's previous record into consideration when he sent him off. Honestly I thought Mc Grath gave the worst refereeing performance I've seen in a long long time and his umpires were like detectives looking for Cushendall men but it was see no evil hear no evil as far as Loughgiel were concerned. Look at the incident where a high ball was landing in the Loughgiel goal mouth, Ronan Mc Closkey was holding Shane, Shane in trying to get away from him knocked him over and the 2 clowns in white coats called the ref in and he gave a free out. Now could someone tell me what good it is to a forward to commit a foul as the ball was dropping into the square? Complete and utter tripe from the officials. Also nice to see Conor Carson pop over the winner, certainly put a stop to the abuse he received from the baboons on the Loughgiel side of the pitch.

JJ you seem to think that the officials in a match that you are watching as a spectator should see the game as you see it. Did you ever think that the officials might see things from different angles and thus have different views to you? Maybe you should let yourself be known to the officials before games so that they can all stand beside you and see everyhing that you see  :P Take some advice from your clubmate Auld Stock and chill out a bit!!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Offaly SHC final
At O'Connor Park
Kilcormac-Killoughey 2-16
St Rynagh's 2-12

Bit of a turn up this is it not. Thought st rynaghs were odds on for this final.

See killmalock won limerick as well the day beating adare by 3
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Well if the leagues changed as I have heard, we'll be joining them from 4th place :o. But they will be tanking us so won't be much craic.Well better meeting us than your good friends from up the road clootfromthe21

It would appear you either have a chip on your shoulder or a problem reading Mr2 - or both.
Perhaps its just difficult for you to see Rossa earn their promotion.
Although I would hold out on 4 teams being promoted - thats not what was being muted in Ballycastle at all yesterday - isnt Dessie Donnelly on that Development Panel? He seemed to think the leagues would be retained but at most two promoted.

imtommygunn

MR still thinks St Galls should be in division 1 I think... Really would prefer the leagues aren't changed - I don't think there's anything wrong as they are.

Rumours are Kilmallock are flying. If Portuma get out of Galway that may or may not matter...

CitySlicker11

The proposal i'd say came from that development committee that was set up. I believe it is to go to county convention or whatever the system is and clubs will get a vote on it.

Funny how after all those years of Rossa trying, the one year they earn it, they could have went up from being top 4.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 08, 2012, 09:24:31 AM

Well if the leagues changed as I have heard, we'll be joining them from 4th place :o. But they will be tanking us so won't be much craic.Well better meeting us than your good friends from up the road clootfromthe21

It would appear you either have a chip on your shoulder or a problem reading Mr2 - or both.
Although I would hold out on 4 teams being promoted - thats not what was being muted in Ballycastle at all yesterday - isnt Dessie Donnelly on that Development Panel? He seemed to think the leagues would be retained but at most two promoted.

No chip on the shoulder at all, the most consistant teams win promotion, or leagues, and the best teams win championship. It's a strange set up but that's what works best. Rossa have proved to be the most consistant team this year and fair play, no offence to Minder but I'd prefer to see more city teams up in div 1 so I'm happy.

So the last few years you have been watching mainly div 2 games, next year you'll be following Rossa in div 1 :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2012, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 08, 2012, 09:24:31 AM

No chip on the shoulder at all, the most consistant teams win promotion, or leagues, and the best teams win championship. It's a strange set up but that's what works best. Rossa have proved to be the most consistant team this year and fair play, no offence to Minder but I'd prefer to see more city teams up in div 1 so I'm happy.

So the last few years you have been watching mainly div 2 games, next year you'll be following Rossa in div 1 :o

Yes and I have been a Manchester City supporter all my life honestly!

Tbh I make an effort to get to bigger league games but other than that it's which ever fixture fits best while running juvenile teams around! So I will still be a Div2 watcher - the powers that be can decide if Galls are there or not!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on October 08, 2012, 09:35:00 AM
The proposal i'd say came from that development committee that was set up. I believe it is to go to county convention or whatever the system is and clubs will get a vote on it.

Funny how after all those years of Rossa trying, the one year they earn it, they could have went up from being top 4.

As ked this already and noone answered - was there not a rule passed about changes not takin effect till the following year?

the colonel

Good win for us on Saturday. It doesn't gloss over the championship exit but at least it was a positive end to the season.

I had said that I thought the ref was good in the U21 Final but he was very poor on Saturday- he looked as if he was struggling to get around the pitch. He can have good and bad games like any players. Happened to be that the U21 Final was in the most a clean competitive game

On the incidents themselves during the game, is this is what is being suggested

Neil deserved a red for a yellow card offence because he's got a bad history
Shane got a red and deserved a red, because it was a red card offence
Johnny C got a yellow card instead of a blatant red because he's not a dirty hurler
Skinner got no card instead of a blatant red for striking at the end (I'm lost to explain that one)
Conor Carson deserved a red for tackling players (when he got horrible abuse from the home 'support' the whole game. Just because they houl lowdly)

As I say it was good to end the year positively with the performance from Eoghan Campbell who scored 4/5 points a real boost for ourselves.

the difference between success and failure is energy

aontroim

Quote from: BlackandAmber on October 08, 2012, 11:09:14 AM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on October 08, 2012, 09:35:00 AM

As ked this already and noone answered - was there not a rule passed about changes not takin effect till the following year?

Yes this rule was passed, but also included the 'get-out clause' that leagues could be changed for the current year with a 2/3rds majority at county committee. Cue the behind-the-scenes phone calls from potential div 1 hurling clubs to football only clubs  8)

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont want div 1 changed at all simply as the games will never be played. theres october and games still being played out. lgiel had to play 2 in 2 days did they not? yes it was their own faults but if we add 4 more to the pot we will never get these ggames played out.
a bit mad if you ask me. glenariffe could cope ok in the top and maybe st galls but their football sucess will always cause the hurlers to suffer. the rest, well no disrespect to them but they wouldnt cope in div 1.
hurl like f**k boi!