Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Highlights of the final on now AFAIK at 8.30 as part of the TG4 GAA 2012 highlights show
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

saffron89

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 01, 2012, 08:10:46 PM
Just getting to the board after weekend!

My good god saffron89 did u just say that Kilkenny are doing nothing for hurling! They are the best team hurling has ever had! It's up to the rest to raise their game! In fairness Galway have don't that but the cats are worthy champions.

yeah they are off course the greatest ever, but the nature of sport means you are inclined to like them less the more successful they are, they have won too much and their dominance at present is not healthy for gaa, but they have raised standards.  no doubt

would accept it better if they were less into the dark arts as certain posters have said, referees let them away with too much. Cody is hard to listen to.  only pleasant time was when he ate the face of Marty Morrissey, though by the look of marty's face it wasn't the first time someone was eating at it

btdtgtt

One more thing - bog ball might be fine under lights but its not for hurling.
Seen evidence time and time again it affects first touch and shooting. Only played a few games myself and thought it was just me (no smart comments!) but since I am convinced from watching all levels that hurling is not the same under lights.

Sleeping giant

I dont blame the floodlights at all.  It was a tight nervy game, someone very close at the time said that are boys were more nervous running out on the pitch than they were paddys day. That's what Dunloy and Loughgiel do to each other. Fear of loosing.Both played few years back on a wed night, and other than for dunloys filth that night, it was a cracking game of hurling!       It might not have been a great game on sat,  But as an old man said few years back, Better to play bad and win than play great and be beat.   Am quite happy with the win no matter what anyone say.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

Posting about filthy Dunloy 2 days after your centre half forward spat in the face of his opponent when offered the hand at the end of the game. 

Par for the course from the likes of you I suppose.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Saffrongael

Quote from: theskull1 on October 02, 2012, 07:46:45 AM
Posting about filthy Dunloy 2 days after your centre half forward spat in the face of his opponent when offered the hand at the end of the game. 

Par for the course from the likes of you I suppose.

That must have been Skinner then ? What a tr**p.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Na Glinntí Glasa

It was. Lowest of the low. Heard about it at the end of the game and couldn't believe someone would do that.

hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Was this incident 2yrs ago or after the final on satuday?

Either way its beyond contempt if true.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 02, 2012, 10:29:14 AM
Was this incident 2yrs ago or after the final on satuday?

Either way its beyond contempt if true.
Quote from: hardstation on October 02, 2012, 10:31:40 AM
WTF?

2 years ago?

It was after the final on Saturday past.

theskull1

You would consider it more acceptable if it was?

Sleeping giant

Pretty clear I was talking about the last game they played under floodlight.  I can honestly say I did not see or here anything about this.   If it happened it is a joke!     There is no way of standing up for  a lad that spits on someone,   Am not trying to do so, skinners hatred for dunloy goes back to minor. Where he played a minor final soon after his father passed.   A few nice things said to him that day.   Again am not standing up for spitting.    And to call someone a tr**p on here.   Real classy act!!!   

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 02, 2012, 11:19:29 AM
Pretty clear I was talking about the last game they played under floodlight.  I can honestly say I did not see or here anything about this.   If it happened it is a joke!     There is no way of standing up for  a lad that spits on someone,   Am not trying to do so, skinners hatred for dunloy goes back to minor. Where he played a minor final soon after his father passed.   A few nice things said to him that day.   Again am not standing up for spitting.    And to call someone a tr**p on here.   Real classy act!!!

How else would you describe someone who does such a thing?

Sleeping giant

NAG your loving this.   If it was the other way around you wouldn't give two flyin fucks about it.  Your the one that calls for no names and standing up against miscalling lads in the past.  But fine to call names when you deem right?!   If it happened.  It's not right.  What else can I say? 

theskull1

An all ireland hurling legend.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 02, 2012, 11:34:17 AM
NAG your loving this.   If it was the other way around you wouldn't give two flyin f**ks about it.  Your the one that calls for no names and standing up against miscalling lads in the past.  But fine to call names when you deem right?!   If it happened.  It's not right.  What else can I say?

Im not loving any of it believe me would have been much better for everyone for this game to have passed off without incident the way it more or less did up to that point IMO. But I will be perfectly honest here now and give you the straight bat, Loughgiel ones wonder why everyone seems to be against them (maybe you dont care and maybe you do, neither here nor there) but the simple fact there is a way to win things and there is a way to lose things and I am afraid that your club, supporters and players have not discovered the knack for either as of yet.

I think you will see that the first mention of it mentioned a position and not a name.