Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswhacker

Well if LG don't win cups,there's a poor chance of any other Antrim team winning any.The team that won the All- Ireland would have beaten Dunloy last night by about 20 pts. Antrim finals are always close ,scrappy affairs,it's where we go afterwards that matter.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Buswhacker on September 30, 2012, 08:05:47 PM
Well if LG don't win cups,there's a poor chance of any other Antrim team winning any.The team that won the All- Ireland would have beaten Dunloy last night by about 20 pts. Antrim finals are always close ,scrappy affairs,it's where we go afterwards that matter.

Sorry I thought that was the team that won the all Ireland. who didn't start. Imm replying to SIE anyway.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 30, 2012, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 30, 2012, 07:09:27 PM
I don't care hs, they know who I am. Sitting here right beside them.big men.

The chances are if your sitting beside them and your half cut they are winding you up. it could be worse if we would have popped over half our frees and a couple of scores you would be getting worse than that.

I'm with HS to on last night, LG boys on here saying we where only in 2nd gear(wtf does that mean) if there was only two points in it with 2 minutes to go what where you doing in 2nd. my view is youse where in top gear(I don't know if that's 5th or 6th I'm not familiar with loughgeil transmissions). bottom line is you need watson to hit top form again and get more space than he got last night. Like him or hate him there will be no cups without him
so basically you agree with me. You have to play him.

Mushy is a gentleman btw, I have loads of respect for him. and I've said all year that Dunloy would be the team to beat.

But sure, what do I know.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 30, 2012, 08:40:42 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 30, 2012, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 30, 2012, 07:09:27 PM
I don't care hs, they know who I am. Sitting here right beside them.big men.

The chances are if your sitting beside them and your half cut they are winding you up. it could be worse if we would have popped over half our frees and a couple of scores you would be getting worse than that.

I'm with HS to on last night, LG boys on here saying we where only in 2nd gear(wtf does that mean) if there was only two points in it with 2 minutes to go what where you doing in 2nd. my view is youse where in top gear(I don't know if that's 5th or 6th I'm not familiar with loughgeil transmissions). bottom line is you need watson to hit top form again and get more space than he got last night. Like him or hate him there will be no cups without him
so basically you agree with me. You have to play him.

Mushy is a gentleman btw, I have loads of respect for him. and I've said all year that Dunloy would be the team to beat.

But sure, what do I know.

In fairness you did say dunloy from the start when some of your brethren where saying we are finished. Anyway good luck in your all Ireland campaign and remember if you have pop at dunloy ill be here to put you in your box.

Seamroga in exile

I wouldn't want it any other way nah. ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north aontroim gael

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 26, 2012, 10:30:41 AM
PP prices are a good bit out.  No way are Dunloy 9/4 shots.

Would have Loughgiel as favourites but not by that much.

If Loughgiel can stop Dunloy bagging a few goals I fancy us to win with a few points to spare.  I think we have a better all round scoring threat and unless their FF line bags a few I think we should be OK.

That said its a derby, Dunloy are no doubt a very hungry team and Loughgiel undoubetdly under more pressure to deliver.  If we don't match Dubloys hunger in the middle third we could be in bother.  Hopefully our stronger bench (in my opinion) can get us over the line.

Loughgiel by 4 points.

This is going to be a brutal day at work.  3 sausage rolls in me already and I'm still nowhere near good form.

Match went as I expected, LG just doing enough to keep Dunloy at arms length.  Fair play to Dunloy. their work rate and tackling was exceptional at times and really bottled up the LG forwards. 

Its easy to say that if Dunloy would of taken their chances they would of won the game, I think had they scored a few more Loughgiel were capable of finding a few at the other end as well. LG never allowed Dunloy to get a real run at them, the goal just after Dunloys was crucial in this regard.

Tony McCloskey was my MOTM, got through a power of work.  Other notable performances for us were from Eddie McCloskey, Skinner, Winker and Shay Casey.

The first 45 minutes were as shaky as I have seen our back line especially under high balls but they were not punished.  Surprised we never made any changes in the backs or MF where Barney ran out of gas a wee bit but it paid of in the end. Only worry is that against more clinical opposition we leave it too late to make changes.  The one player we took off scored 1-2 and always looked to be a threat, thought there could of been a few others off before him. (Note:  Seamus Dobbin contributed well when he came on)

All in all a good win although not a high scoring affair.  Fully expect the shackles to come off now with an easy win over the Armagh champs and an Ulster final to look forward to.

Great crowd at the game and a collosal Dunloy support.  Wouldn't however be in favour of an evening game for the final going forward.  Prefer the game played in natural light.

north aontroim gael

^ Although if we only conceded 1-7 in every game I'd be a happy man.

Milltown Row2

Let me get this straight, the lights meant that both teams were shite?

That Loughgiel were only in 2nd gear?

Dunloy could have won it had they taken their chances?

Garret never added on the extra minutes at the end due to the extra time the Loughgiel players went down during the match

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2012, 12:49:47 PM
Let me get this straight, the lights meant that both teams were shite?  No

That Loughgiel were only in 2nd gear?  No

Dunloy could have won it had they taken their chances?  Yes, possibly.

Garret never added on the extra minutes at the end due to the extra time the Loughgiel players went down during the match.  Thought Duffy had a good game, can't see either set of supporters having any major gripes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 01, 2012, 01:31:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2012, 12:49:47 PM
Let me get this straight, the lights meant that both teams were shite?  No

That Loughgiel were only in 2nd gear?  No

Dunloy could have won it had they taken their chances?  Yes, possibly.

Garret never added on the extra minutes at the end due to the extra time the Loughgiel players went down during the match.  Thought Duffy had a good game, can't see either set of supporters having any major gripes.

I asked these questions because I wasn't the match and these were the things lads were using as excuses or how the match went
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Personally I hope that's the last ever final under the lights. Both sets of players lost the ball in the lights. It's harder to catch a ball in those lights. It's ok if it's going route one but cross field at height and it gets lost in the lights.
Great crowd at the game. Nice also from a few lgiel fans on the pitch offering hard lucks to us as we left the field at the end.
Out young lads done really well this year esp young niky mc Keague in nets who at 18 had never done nets before until we lost our regular keeper at the start of the season.
Roll on next year!!!
hurl like f**k boi!

saffron89

yeah lights didn't help anyone, better using the daylight.  game was tense but dunloy missed some shocking chances, very unlike paddy richmond.  have to take my hat off to the dunloy panel as they improved greatly throughout the year.  if they keep this goin who knows.

Shams out infront now, fair play.  timed their run to perfection this past years for there have been better championship winning teams

think the true test will come against galway winners, can't wait.

hope they strike another blow of antrim hurling

Galway fell away badly after the silly pull by Cyril.  sooner cats are dethroned the better, they are super, but aren't currently helping hurling to a degree

what happened the dub minors, couldn't watch it was that bad

Last Man

Quote from: saffron89 on October 01, 2012, 05:26:21 PM
yeah lights didn't help anyone, better using the daylight.  game was tense but dunloy missed some shocking chances, very unlike paddy richmond.  have to take my hat off to the dunloy panel as they improved greatly throughout the year.  if they keep this goin who knows.

Shams out infront now, fair play.  timed their run to perfection this past years for there have been better championship winning teams

Galway fell away badly after the silly pull by Cyril.  sooner cats are dethroned the better, they are super, but aren't currently helping hurling to a degree

Dubs have been punching above their weight, this was always on the cards.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Last Man on October 01, 2012, 05:52:43 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on October 01, 2012, 05:26:21 PM

Dubs have been punching above their weight, this was always on the cards.

completely  agree, Clare where beating them hands down in the semi's and they conceded two very soft goals at the death. tipp showed up the first day thinking it was a formality but they made amends yesterday, a joy to watch

As for Cyril, Delaney was holding his stick the whole match and he reacted badly. That's the thing about Kilkenny they are masters of the dark arts as well. You cant take away from there achievement's though. I feel for Galway after the ref blew instead of playing advantage for the goal the whole match blew up in there face.

btdtgtt

Just getting to the board after weekend!

My good god saffron89 did u just say that Kilkenny are doing nothing for hurling! They are the best team hurling has ever had! It's up to the rest to raise their game! In fairness Galway have don't that but the cats are worthy champions.

As for the county final dunloy will obviously rue their wides but loughiel are also worthy champions. I don't accept this "still in 2nd gear" nonsense. It's a county - no team has ever been doing anything but their flat out best. If they are not hitting the levels of st Patricks day it's not because they are holding back that's an absurd suggestion.

Watson's personality and tweeting is obviously poor but that's him he's not the first and won't be the last.