Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2012, 10:16:29 AM
Only thing I'm predicting is that Donal will be in Dunloy at some stage on Sunday

Everything else is up in the air
I'll be in it myself on Sunday and possibly Saturday night/ Sunday morning.  :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

I can assure you I'll not be in the pound
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 27, 2012, 07:47:37 AM
Watch the DVD of the semi final. The lgiel people in the crowd clapped when cdall scored! ;) lol they knew who they wanted in the final. :p
Your prob right on the wanting to get one back over on us. That two final defeats in 03 & 07 hurt lgiel, ESP the last one and the idiots with the banner. Use will be dying to get one over on us on sat night.
I hope use are too transfixed on that as that won't win the game on sat.
Oh I remember the banner well mate,   Will hurt to the day I die. Transfixed  :D    Don't think players need anything else than to see the  yellow and green jerseys to be honest :).  Same with your boys and the red and white.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2012, 10:42:17 AM
I can assure you I'll not be in the pound

why not if you listen to SIE theres only slabbering about hurling done in Dunloy Public house's. SIE if i was  LG to the core I would drink in the bridge to before the pound. went in there once and as MR2 once said '' even the pool balls stop rolling and look at you'' I think you will find that most pubs on a Saturday night will have slabbering. personally i think its something to do with alcohol consumption more than local sporting rivalry's.

As for the match instead of quoting scores and outcomes. has anybody any views on tactics as this will have a large impact on the game. My view is if we can snuff out the influence of watson(which one will show up jackyl or hyde), mc closkey and barney we are halfway there. Our defence has been good of late so barney is the big worry. as for dunloy I think loughgeils full back line has been shaky of late(5 goals against lesser opponents) so i would like to see some 50 50 ball going in there. All the smart money on LG and quite rightly so but i still think we can win this one if it all clicks
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Indeed nah, I'll be in the pound and wherever else the notion takes me. Plenty of slabbers everywhere.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 27, 2012, 11:20:57 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 27, 2012, 07:47:37 AM
Watch the DVD of the semi final. The lgiel people in the crowd clapped when cdall scored! ;) lol they knew who they wanted in the final. :p
Your prob right on the wanting to get one back over on us. That two final defeats in 03 & 07 hurt lgiel, ESP the last one and the idiots with the banner. Use will be dying to get one over on us on sat night.
I hope use are too transfixed on that as that won't win the game on sat.
Oh I remember the banner well mate,   Will hurt to the day I die. Transfixed  :D    Don't think players need anything else than to see the  yellow and green jerseys to be honest :).  Same with your boys and the red and white.

that was a disgrace that day, most people round the club disgusted with that.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

I no,   Most decent hurling people around dunloy has said the same.   I remember hearing that one of the mushys told a certain lad to take it down or he'd break his jaw  ;D

Seamroga in exile

Not a fan of naming people on message boards, poor form in my opinion.

Seamroga in exile

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 27, 2012, 11:38:56 AM

Agreed, especialy in a non hurling context.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 26, 2012, 10:30:41 AM
PP prices are a good bit out.  No way are Dunloy 9/4 shots.

Would have Loughgiel as favourites but not by that much.

If Loughgiel can stop Dunloy bagging a few goals I fancy us to win with a few points to spare.  I think we have a better all round scoring threat and unless their FF line bags a few I think we should be OK.

That said its a derby, Dunloy are no doubt a very hungry team and Loughgiel undoubetdly under more pressure to deliver.  If we don't match Dubloys hunger in the middle third we could be in bother.  Hopefully our stronger bench (in my opinion) can get us over the line.

Loughgiel by 4 points.

^  Provided we can keep 15 men on the pitch.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 27, 2012, 11:38:56 AM

In hindsight maybe it was...my bad
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

manballandall

I would take Dunloy plus 6 if anyone was offering it...cant see it being much more than that

DearyMe

A fan of what both teams have done for hurling. Just hope its a proper spectacle.  I struggle with the notion that Dunloy can win it, due to last years performances.  Cant see how they have improved their championship performances that much.  However maybe being dumped out early last year shocked them, maybe they are pumped for it!

We shall see - just hope its a good game!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Sleeping giant

I'd take a point to nothing.  Long as it's for us!!   :)