Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 26, 2012, 09:34:26 PM
Not saying that at all MR2!    Old pissy night wouldnt be much Craic is all am saying

Well its not to rain so will be good craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Ok lads sure just for the Craic what's say everyone make their exact prediction and we'll see how we get on!

I will go first - shamrocks by 5.

pdiddy

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 26, 2012, 10:05:41 PM
Ok lads sure just for the Craic what's say everyone make their exact prediction and we'll see how we get on!

I will go first - shamrocks by 5.
shamrocks by 5 isnt exact mate

imtommygunn

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 26, 2012, 04:05:31 PM
NAG1, What is behind your dig at those two hurling men? I assume it's in relation to them looking after their own clubs solely? Not a crime and if every club done so, then the whole county would be in a lot better state. Just a wee bit of curiosity, wouldn't be sure off the top of my head. But i'll do out a list of clubs I feel put in sufficient work at underage level.

SA - Rossa, St Johns, GNM, Sars, Galls, LD, Pauls now starting. Anyone i've missed out?

NA- B'castle, Dunloy, L'giel, C'dall, Glenshesk and C'mills?

Those simple lists show that it is pretty even. It could even be argued that the NA underage leagues are only as successful as they are due to the outside teams that are taking place in them. Stop being so elitest and realise that this county will go NOWHERE without a strong city hurling representation.

I left out Endas as people would only argue which group to place them in, but some great work being carried out over there, and also being continued in certain schools. Malachys making big strides in the hurling, Last Man?

There are a lot more in "north" Antrim than that. Creggan and ahoghill have made big strides in the last number of years. St Brendan's have been competing much more at the higher end of undage too- amalgamation due to numbers. Rasharkin are improving rightly too. Not bein in division 1 or 2 doesn't mean the work being put in.

Loughgiel and Dunloy is an interesting one. There would be nothing worse for loughgiel than to be knocked of their perch by Dunloy. You can even sense a bit less cockiness and maybe some fear on here. There is no love lost between these teams - I've seen a couple of messy things at these matches over the years. None have been on the pitch either! It is a very different dynamic than
Loughgiel cushendall would have brought.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Have to agree. Most lgiel people wanted cdall to win tho most won't admit it. If cdall had of beat us lgiel knew they had tr edge mentally on them probably.
Dunloy winning, well that put the cat amongst the pigeons. They weren't wanting that, a derby against a team that wouldn't fear them? Lol def not what they wanted to pit all their crowns on the line for!!
I know we can win this game, I don't fear lgiel whatsoever. I respect them for what they have achieved but fear them, most dwf not. No dunloy team would fear the red and white.
Same applies to lgiel people I suppose on the other foot.
Form means nothing in these games.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

I don't think so realist,   I believe that loughgiel would have jumped at a dunloy loughgiel final at start of year.   Still believe c dall are a better side than use. IMO.   Our boys should and I think will be bouncing to get a chance to get one over are wee neighbours.  After those few county final defeats in that famous 6 in a row!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Watch the DVD of the semi final. The lgiel people in the crowd clapped when cdall scored! ;) lol they knew who they wanted in the final. :p
Your prob right on the wanting to get one back over on us. That two final defeats in 03 & 07 hurt lgiel, ESP the last one and the idiots with the banner. Use will be dying to get one over on us on sat night.
I hope use are too transfixed on that as that won't win the game on sat.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 27, 2012, 02:08:48 AM
I don't think so realist,   I believe that loughgiel would have jumped at a dunloy loughgiel final at start of year.   Still believe c dall are a better side than use. IMO.   Our boys should and I think will be bouncing to get a chance to get one over are wee neighbours.  After those few county final defeats in that famous 6 in a row!

After the way got dumped out of the championship the previous years, that wouldnt surprise me. To the credit of the players themselves and the management, Dunloy have came on in a fair old bit since then and we're in the final on merit. Theres more belief now in the team and we will be going into the game confident I'm sure of performing well. Do that and we'll give manys a team something to worry about. Really looking forward to the game and hope that both sets of supporters focus on supporting their team throughout.

Reckon our squad are using Donal Dan slabbering in the bridge about Tommy Moore to drive them on Sat night. You need something don't you  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2012, 08:46:58 AM

After the way got dumped out of the championship the previous years, that wouldnt surprise me. To the credit of the players themselves and the management, Dunloy have came on in a fair old bit since then and we're in the final on merit. Theres more belief now in the team and we will be going into the game confident I'm sure of performing well. Do that and we'll give manys a team something to worry about. Really looking forward to the game and hope that both sets of supporters focus on supporting their team throughout.

Reckon our squad are using Donal Dan slabbering in the bridge about Tommy Moore to drive them on Sat night. You need something don't you  ::)
i've been in the bridge myself quite a few times over the last few months and its always been the dunloy ones coming up to me slabbering about hurling. I'd have thought it would have been wee Davy that yous would have been using as your inspiration.

To be fair to myself I've been tipping dunloy all season, I still think we' ll have too much up front for them . 3-13 to 1-10
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2012, 08:46:58 AM

or last sunday night going on about a helicopoter that we are using to spy on their training!  ::)

best one ive heard in years!
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 27, 2012, 08:57:34 AM
i've been in the bridge myself quite a few times over the last few months and its always been the dunloy ones coming up to me slabbering about hurling. I'd have thought it would have been wee Davy that yous would have been using as your inspiration.

To be fair to myself I've been tipping dunloy all season, I still think we' ll have too much up front for them . 3-13 to 1-10

Yeah  ::) ....there you were just popping in for a quiet pint. One wonders why you kept coming back with all those locals bending your ear. God love ye.  :)

Tell the truth SIE...you loved it

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2012, 09:27:03 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 27, 2012, 08:57:34 AM

Yeah  ::) ....there you were just popping in for a quiet pint. One wonders why you kept coming back with all those locals bending your ear. God love ye.  :)

Tell the truth SIE...you loved it
i love the freezing pint bottles  ;)

What's your prediction skull?

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Only thing I'm predicting is that Donal will be in Dunloy at some stage on Sunday

Everything else is up in the air