Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

was at the promotion decider, bit of a damp squib.  should have stayed and watch the football.  loudest cheers were from the st pauls club house when man utd and liverpool game was on.  Rossa most impressive and are the team that deserve to test themselves against the big boys.  was talking to an oisins supporter who told me they will lose around 5 next year.  if that is the case they will be playing a very big league game at the end of next year.  I think it will be at the other end.

Roll on the county final and all ireland final.  now that will be a weekend of sport.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 23, 2012, 04:19:10 PM
Played the reserves and minors in this game. Gave a few fellas a run out. Ballycastle were more or less full strength and completely dominated from start to finish.
how did yous find the Bellaghy pitch dr?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 10:32:40 PM
Played the reserves and minors in this game. Gave a few fellas a run out. Ballycastle were more or less full strength and completely dominated from start to finish.
Sat-nav.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Never been on it other than to watch football. Why?
How did use find it on fri night.
hurl like f**k boi!

Fairhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2012, 03:44:25 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 23, 2012, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
Ballycastle 3-7 Dunloy 1-2 20 mins gone

Dunloy 1-2 ?

Final score
Ballycastle 4-16 Dunloy Z squad 0-5  ;D
:-[

Got it off twitter b + a. I wasn't at it myself. Funny thing is it was a Ballycastle man that tweeted it.   ;D

At least they played  :o

Teams need to talk to L'giel on how to get matchs called off obviously. They have certainly come up with some damn fine reasons this year!

Gizzy15

Re: ANTRIM HURLING

« Reply #19401 on: September 22, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

Quote from: hardstation on September 22, 2012, 01:41:28 AM

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 22, 2012, 01:36:27 AM

Minor football final v Rasharkin, got sent off and said fairwell, im away 2 boro as he got sent off, he was so lethargic  you wouldnt believe, i was there. so dont give me any excuses

Excuses? Nobody has offered excuses.

He also belted in 7 goals in the county minor hurling final before he said 'fairwell' (sic).

Think he scored 7-7 in total with Liam Watson scoring 4 or 5 goals for Loughgiel.  They beat a good team of ours handy enough in that final.  Gavin Bell was hurling as well and was great minor hurler.

If I remember right there was a fair old row between the two teams as well, think the year was 1999.

Funny how things worked out.  that Rossa team was one of the best minor teams I remember but they only got one senior out of it.

Loughgiel won the minor in 2000 and 2002 and those players were the ones who went on to win 5 out of 6 U21s and ultimately the AI last year.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:51:24 AM by north aontroim gael »

He scored 7 1 and with 15mins left him and watson got sent off then beller got sent off. toner already went off with a broken finger and n devlin went off injured beforehand. final score was 11 11 to 4 5 and winker didnt get the 4 5. as u got 2 late points afyer got sent off.   it is true u do always remember things better

Gizzy15

why is everyone getting away from the fact that both ur teams are pre
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 23, 2012, 10:47:57 PM
paring 4 the final. only difference being the county called 1 game off. there is no way 1 of u will get a sneeky friendly without the other being at the game. i think u should have bpth played ur league games and got on with it.

Na Glinntí Glasa

We never considered calling our game off. I don't understand why lgiel did with the amount of players they have. Didn't make sense at all.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 24, 2012, 08:42:19 AM
We never considered calling our game off. I don't understand why lgiel did with the amount of players they have. Didn't make sense at all.

Our game vrs Portaferry was also called off, not sure the reason, may have been that an Uncle of two of their senior hurlers died during the week, but talking to a few Portaferry lads on saturday past they said it was more to do with the county final being on this Saturday..

Not sure if the Crans and St Johns played either.

Maybe the Antrim CCC softened its position and allowed these games to be canceled, so if Dunloy didn't ask, theirs went ahead!

NAG1

JC, dont think thats the case, it has been policy all year that unless both clubs are in agreement then the match cannot be cancelled/ postponed without the intervention of the CCC and one man in particular. However this has definitely touched a nerve with him and the county judging by the total over reaction on the website.

This is much a do about nothing really, everyone knows the connection and LG have used it to suit themselves this time, probably as any other club would do. Just means that Cushendall's season is extended by a couple of weeks without much of a reason.

Seamroga in exile

we weren't training on it on Friday night. Hopefully some evening This week if we're not under 5 feet of water. I was just curious. Dr.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2012, 09:21:00 AM
we weren't training on it on Friday night. Hopefully some evening This week if we're not under 5 feet of water. I was just curious. Dr.

Hows the votes going for the big wall? Bit of stretch though claiming it will cure obesity in the LG area though  ;D

btdtgtt

OK Hardstation here goes - I have a massive slice of humble pie in front of me!

Firstly well done to Rossa!
I didnt think they had a hope in hell of promotion after watching 2 of their first 3 games. They then steadied the same and got pride and repectability back - but before the game yesterday I still thought the Oisins would pip them.

30seconds into the game I looked right - another high ball into the Rossa box - ends up in the net! Little did we know the Oisins would register just six points in the remainder of the game!

The turnaround Shannon & Hamill have made since the McCullough debacle has been a great testimony to having igenuine club men as opposed to "profile" managers involved - look at Loughiel with PJ! Dunloy have also shown great trust in their own.

I think we have all hinted that Rossa are potentially the stringest team in the city - but I for one have costantly berated and been frustratred by their failure to even look like producing it at times.

But they were fantastic yesterday - mea culpa!
After the early goal I think they responded with 4/5 unanaswered points and bullied Glenarrife. What was noticable at this point was the physical strength of Bell Shannon (man of the match) & Armstrong - but also the ability in young McGuinness. Oisisn couldnt cope with this - and the sticks started to fly. Thought the big midfielder sending off was a result of this - he can have no complaints it was straightforward and in fairness Glenarrife accepted that.

MR2 described the game as a damp squib - which was pretty accurate but this was as a result of Rossa's complete dominance.

Now that I've eaten my humble pie here's the big question!
Can Rossa do what they did yesterday for a full season?
If they can they'll be pushing the big boys before long - its a serious team and a great age profile with the bulk of lads young and a scattering of old heads keeping it all together.
But its been a while since Rossa have lasted a full season - I hope they do!

Phew!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2012, 09:42:41 AM
OK Hardstation here goes - I have a massive slice of humble pie in front of me!

Firstly well done to Rossa!
I didnt think they had a hope in hell of promotion after watching 2 of their first 3 games. They then steadied the same and got pride and repectability back - but before the game yesterday I still thought the Oisins would pip them.

30seconds into the game I looked right - another high ball into the Rossa box - ends up in the net! Little did we know the Oisins would register just six points in the remainder of the game!

The turnaround Shannon & Hamill have made since the McCullough debacle has been a great testimony to having igenuine club men as opposed to "profile" managers involved - look at Loughiel with PJ! Dunloy have also shown great trust in their own.

I think we have all hinted that Rossa are potentially the stringest team in the city - but I for one have costantly berated and been frustratred by their failure to even look like producing it at times.

But they were fantastic yesterday - mea culpa!
After the early goal I think they responded with 4/5 unanaswered points and bullied Glenarrife. What was noticable at this point was the physical strength of Bell Shannon (man of the match) & Armstrong - but also the ability in young McGuinness. Oisisn couldnt cope with this - and the sticks started to fly. Thought the big midfielder sending off was a result of this - he can have no complaints it was straightforward and in fairness Glenarrife accepted that.

MR2 described the game as a damp squib - which was pretty accurate but this was as a result of Rossa's complete dominance.

Now that I've eaten my humble pie here's the big question!
Can Rossa do what they did yesterday for a full season?
If they can they'll be pushing the big boys before long - its a serious team and a great age profile with the bulk of lads young and a scattering of old heads keeping it all together.
But its been a while since Rossa have lasted a full season - I hope they do!

Phew!

The predictions not really your strong point btdtgtt  ;)

btdtgtt

And I have plenty of beaten dockets to prove it NAG!