Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruairi

We have stopped training now so obviously we would want to play the game sooner rather than later. we did not agree to reschedule it. Not that it matters too much but a bit of double standards with other games not able to be rescheduled. 

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2012, 12:15:05 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2012, 11:51:33 AM
Only wanted it put forward an hour too. Sure...

Considering that Glenariffe didn't get any leeway the previous weekend, you're hardly surprised.

By the comments from the ever helpful Antrim GAA moderator, he gives the impression that if both teams can agree to move a fixture then that's fine, the CCC won't intervene, however if either disagree the original fixture stands.

So cushendall must have agreed to the refixing of the fixture!!

would the good Doctor being using terms like 'wisener', I hardly think so!!
Cushendall haven't agreed to move the fixture.

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 21, 2012, 12:46:32 PM

Considering that Glenariffe didn't get any leeway the previous weekend, you're hardly surprised.

By the comments from the ever helpful Antrim GAA moderator, he gives the impression that if both teams can agree to move a fixture then that's fine, the CCC won't intervene, however if either disagree the original fixture stands.

I know, just using the Antrim moderators logic, which you could drive a bus through.

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2012, 12:50:07 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 21, 2012, 12:46:32 PM

I know, just using the Antrim moderators logic, which you could drive a bus through.

There's a few words I never thought I would see used in the same sentence.  >:(

Seamroga in exile

I'm left wondering why Cushendall would object to moving the match anyway.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

SIE, they are out of the championship, why would they want to prolong their season, it is perfectly natural of them to want to play the game this weekend.

Disgrace that the county could not step in and move all games to 1pm, would not affect anyone badly. People could go to mass on the Saturday night.

Seamroga in exile

That's fair enough I suppose, but they'd be playing a gather up. I'm sure they'd want to win the league by beating our first choice team. No?

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2012, 02:24:26 PM
That's fair enough I suppose, but they'd be playing a gather up. I'm sure they'd want to win the league by beating our first choice team. No?

It's a case of getting the game played and putting everything to bed. Remember we postponed the home game against Loughgiel twice at their request which seems to be forgotten.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Two Hands FFS

I honestly think Cushendall wouldn't be that bothered about winning the league after getting beat in the Championship last week. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'd say they'd just want the season finished.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on September 21, 2012, 02:36:13 PM

It's a case of getting the game played and putting everything to bed. Remember we postponed the home game against Loughgiel twice at their request which seems to be forgotten.
as we have done for yourselves throughout the years. so what's your point?

NAG1

No one has yet to answer WHY the game has been moved? Are LG away playing a friendly in Dublin or on a training camp?

If there is an honest and genuine reason like this then by all means the game should be moved for them.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2012, 02:45:48 PM

You asked why we wouldn't want to play you, I answered. What's your problem regarding my answer? I just stated facts. You're a fierce man for whataboutery going back over years. We have accommodated yourselves this year twice, surely three times in one year is more than enough. And we were slated in the Antrim post Championship supplement for apparently not wanting to play yourselves even though we helping yourselves.
the difference between success and failure is energy

riddle_me_this

Quote from: the colonel on September 21, 2012, 02:59:07 PM

You asked why we wouldn't want to play you, I answered. What's your problem regarding my answer? I just stated facts. You're a fierce man for whataboutery going back over years. We have accommodated yourselves this year twice, surely three times in one year is more than enough. And we were slated in the Antrim post Championship supplement for apparently not wanting to play yourselves even though we helping yourselves.

Im guessing nobody wants to state the obvious here as to why Loughgiel would want to change the game from this weekend.  Everyone knows that L'giel and C'dall have 'enjoyed' heated battles against each other in the past few years. From a l'giel point of view they are not going to want to loose any players to injury just 1 week from biggest game of the year and lets face it based on previous games with c'dall, and most notably last years league decider, c'dall would be out to lame as many as they can. So it makes perfect sense to move the game to after the county final when less at stake. Now that might seem strange to some of you but if the shoe where on the other foot id imagine c'dall would not be playing l'giel a week before c'ship final.
So you's can all beat about the bush as to the reasons for putting it off but im guessing it boils down to this. Anyone disagree?

PS To c'dalls credit they did accomodate L'giel in putting off fixtures this year already

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2012, 03:21:53 PM
I fully understand why LG wanted it moved.

I cannot believe that the request was granted.
Exactly

NAG1

Quote from: riddle_me_this on September 21, 2012, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: the colonel on September 21, 2012, 02:59:07 PM

Im guessing nobody wants to state the obvious here as to why Loughgiel would want to change the game from this weekend.  Everyone knows that L'giel and C'dall have 'enjoyed' heated battles against each other in the past few years. From a l'giel point of view they are not going to want to loose any players to injury just 1 week from biggest game of the year and lets face it based on previous games with c'dall, and most notably last years league decider, c'dall would be out to lame as many as they can. So it makes perfect sense to move the game to after the county final when less at stake. Now that might seem strange to some of you but if the shoe where on the other foot id imagine c'dall would not be playing l'giel a week before c'ship final.
So you's can all beat about the bush as to the reasons for putting it off but im guessing it boils down to this. Anyone disagree?

PS To c'dalls credit they did accomodate L'giel in putting off fixtures this year already

The award for stating the completely blindingly obvious goes to........ ::)