Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2012, 10:11:09 PM
Dub was a smashing 'keeper though. We haven't had anywhere near as good a 'keeper since.

I had the (dis)pleasure of playing in front of the Dub for a handful of games and my god, you'd need ear muffs on. Also no better man for abusing referee's considering what he turned to in later years.

Noel Keith was the best keeper I've seen in Ulster, he was consistency personified and was well able to come out and catch balls with hurls flying round him, his puck out mightn'd have been as long as some of the others mentioned but it was on a sixpence and dipping if front of the forwards, giving defenders very little chance to get near it. He was also kind enough to do a good bit of umpiring whilst in nets as well, mostly of the wide variety though!

Haven't seen better since.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2012, 11:08:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2012, 11:02:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2012, 10:33:27 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 20, 2012, 10:23:52 PM
Micky McCloskey Rossa goalkeeper at underage up to Minor/ under 21, Great keeper but Never really committed after Minor. Got Injured in a bit of a riot  during a minor championship game and never really had his heart in it afterwards. Was the best keeper rossa produced in recent history just a pity he never really played senior.
Aye, wee Micky was a good 'keeper alright and would have been a natural replacement for Dub but as you say, lost interest after getting his cnut kicked in by grown 'men' and a couple of nights in the hospital. Does security for a couple of shops in the town. You wouldn't see him about the club at all now.

Now where did he get his cnut kicked in? ::)

Marty Devine HS?
Marty was never a 'keeper but stood in and did a job. Up to minor Devine was a smashing hurler, I mean really good. Got a bad knee injury and never recovered enough to continue outfield.

Know Marty well, good lad and still helping out at the club.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 20, 2012, 06:15:58 PM
Cushendall vs Loughgiel has been postponed.

I have it from a very good source that Cushendall wanted to play this game at the weekend, seems strange that the CCC would call off a game after all the shite on that other fourm being spouted by some gobshite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

What is the reason for the game being called off? Jim have another word with Joe?

Jesusjones

We were asked to move the game, we refused so Joe stepped in.

NAG1

That serious JJ? Asked to move the game for what reason?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Himm yet we all have to play our games this weekend?
What's lgiel worried about as they have a massive panel. Could they not play a junior team.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

SiE - Whats PKB? Excuse my ignorance.

Not accusing anyone but all this changing / not-changine games and who makes the call on it just heightens the opportunities (real or not) for clubs to feel agrieved.
The one thing the county (Jim or Joe) should be doing is ensuring consistency.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2012, 09:29:58 AM
What is the reason for the game being called off? Jim have another word with Joe?
Nag if you really put your mind to it you might be able to think why.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 21, 2012, 11:17:55 AM

It was early this morning when I posted that and the grey matter still hasnt kicked in, was just a reasonable question as to why the game was off no ulterior motive!

Milltown Row2

We know the reason but how come certain clubs 'get away' with it rather than others? What's your secret?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 21, 2012, 10:53:13 AM
SiE - Whats PKB? Excuse my ignorance.

Not accusing anyone but all this changing / not-changine games and who makes the call on it just heightens the opportunities (real or not) for clubs to feel agrieved.
The one thing the county (Jim or Joe) should be doing is ensuring consistency.
PKB = pot kettle black
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2012, 11:27:02 AM

It was early this morning when I posted that and the grey matter still hasnt kicked in, was just a reasonable question as to why the game was off no ulterior motive!
Only ball breaking,  friendly dig.   I don't no.  I suppose if you don't ask you don't get.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 21, 2012, 11:32:32 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2012, 11:27:02 AM

Only ball breaking,  friendly dig.   I don't no.  I suppose if you don't ask you don't get.

Doesnt really bother me was just wondering anyway.

PS Tell that to Rossa who were trying to get their game's throw in changed and no one would play ball with them but I guess different folks different strokes!  ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2012, 11:51:33 AM
Only wanted it put forward an hour too. Sure...

Considering that Glenariffe didn't get any leeway the previous weekend, you're hardly surprised.

By the comments from the ever helpful Antrim GAA moderator, he gives the impression that if both teams can agree to move a fixture then that's fine, the CCC won't intervene, however if either disagree the original fixture stands.

So cushendall must have agreed to the refixing of the fixture!!

would the good Doctor being using terms like 'wisener', I hardly think so!!