Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: saffron89 on September 20, 2012, 05:29:43 PM
going back there imtommygunn

st pats did bring a competitive edge to competitions back in the day

one of the few teams to amalgamate and do well

see st brendans are playing in final of second division championship

many lads would have said st pats had a senior team for a few years, however they were named Cushendun back then,
was there most successful spell in a while  :P

Controversial... To be fair I don't think those brothers played the county final they got to.

saffron89

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 20, 2012, 08:49:11 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on September 20, 2012, 05:29:43 PM
going back there imtommygunn

st pats did bring a competitive edge to competitions back in the day

one of the few teams to amalgamate and do well

see st brendans are playing in final of second division championship

many lads would have said st pats had a senior team for a few years, however they were named Cushendun back then,
was there most successful spell in a while  :P

Controversial... To be fair I don't think those brothers played the county final they got to.

from what i remember you're right, however the man they really have to thank for the county final appearance is in the great Ray Matthews who threw a couple at least into the net.  they just stumbled over the rossa, but Ray got them there.

Lecale2

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2012, 10:11:09 PM
Dub was a smashing 'keeper though. We haven't had anywhere near as good a 'keeper since.
Correct.

saffron89

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2012, 10:11:09 PM
Dub was a smashing 'keeper though. We haven't had anywhere near as good a 'keeper since.

was well off county standard imo

but probably was good for rossa

but don't think they have been overly blessed with keepers.  in fairness though i only say that because i can't recall any that stood out

reckon Down usually produce the best keepers in the north

Keith and Clarke exceptional standard

Lecale2

Gizzy15

Micky McCloskey Rossa goalkeeper at underage up to Minor/ under 21, Great keeper but Never really committed after Minor. Got Injured in a bit of a riot  during a minor championship game and never really had his heart in it afterwards. Was the best keeper rossa produced in recent history just a pity he never really played senior.

Sleeping giant

Mc gee as good a keeper as there has been about IMO.   Our own wee man isn't bad either.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2012, 10:33:27 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 20, 2012, 10:23:52 PM
Micky McCloskey Rossa goalkeeper at underage up to Minor/ under 21, Great keeper but Never really committed after Minor. Got Injured in a bit of a riot  during a minor championship game and never really had his heart in it afterwards. Was the best keeper rossa produced in recent history just a pity he never really played senior.
Aye, wee Micky was a good 'keeper alright and would have been a natural replacement for Dub but as you say, lost interest after getting his cnut kicked in by grown 'men' and a couple of nights in the hospital. Does security for a couple of shops in the town. You wouldn't see him about the club at all now.

Now where did he get his cnut kicked in? ::)

Marty Devine HS?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Slow on the uptake mr2, i see now. Very good

Glensman

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 20, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
Mc gee as good a keeper as there has been about IMO.   Our own wee man isn't bad either.

+1 on both fronts. Magee a class act on the pitch...inspirational saves, catches, clearances and scores! That 'shock' county final win a couple of years ago as much to do with him as anyone else. DD is consistency personified - reliable, good at organising defence and longevity.

Tough to call it and not going to!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Glensman on September 21, 2012, 12:15:12 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 20, 2012, 10:54:58 PM

+1 on both fronts. Magee a class act on the pitch...inspirational saves, catches, clearances and scores! That 'shock' county final win a couple of years ago as much to do with him as anyone else. DD is consistency personified - reliable, good at organising defence and longevity.

Tough to call it and not going to!
Yes.  I said that also.  Played massive part in that game.   Mc gee pulls them together shocking well,   Havent seen much of this young lad they have in now.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

::)

There's a wile bit of the Oul PKB syndrome going around at the minute. 

On the GK subject, the only thing that put me off Magee was the continual sprinting up and down the field to take frees/penalties. In the games that I saw he missed as many as he scored and it seemed like a waste of time to me. No doubt he can strike a ball, but surely someone out the field was as good at free taking as him?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Antrim Coaster

What's the story with McGhee now? Is he out of the country or is he playing any hurling at all? Great keeper and could still do a job for Dunloy.