Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastleCamog

Quote from: saffron89 on September 16, 2012, 10:14:34 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 10:03:20 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 16, 2012, 09:38:16 PM
When is the final ? Sat 29th ?
Yep. 7.30 in casement

Anything before that final on the saturday night ?

Davy fitz ??? didn't notice him though he wouldn't be the tallest

really tees up a hell of a final, i suppose looking at the dall record from last year we maybe shouldn't be as surprised.  Still am though.  Dunloy have improved greatly from Ballycastle game, although felt town had them that evening, don't think they would have beat Cushendall. 

Kind of a crossroads for the Dall, i would say Scullion will go, thought the last 15 mins of last years final highlighted that, nor have the Dall much on the bench.  Know AMacAteer there on the line, lots of other boys running about for show i think.  Seems to be the trend nowadays.

Will the Millennium Centre we getting a polish for that Saturday nite then, does the club provide in the drink to make a profit, if so i would say it would be a great money spinner for the shamrocks.  How much did they lift after all last years nites.

Ballycastle put Cushendall away by a considerable score only a few weeks ago.  The Town would of disposed of the Dall in the same fashion Dunloy did. 

north aontroim gael

Good win for Dunloy yesterday, sets up a big final.  Looking forward to it.

Loughgiel have a poor rrcord against Dunloy in Championship finals over the past few years and will be wanting to put that right.  I think it will be a close match with little in it either way.

On the match itself, Cusendalls defence seemed quite porous (maybe doing an injustice to some of Dunloys play).  Kevin McQuillan has turned into a fine hurler with physique to match. He was always more of a footballer but seems to have honed his skills well.

Could any of the Dunloy posters list their starting 15 for me?  Some players I didn't know hurling yesterday and nicknames aren't best reference point.

BlackandAmber

Congrats to Dunloy. Fully worth there win. The Dall looked flat and never up to Dunloys workrate. And a few posters here saw the odds on team bein beat. Think Dunloy will have to improve a good bit more to beat the Shams but it should still be a close game.

north aontroim gael

Also just a quick one for Cusendall posters.  Paddy McNaughton seems to have backwards in his development, he was some player when he burst on the scene a few years ago and was only young then.  Doesn't seem to have built on that start at senior level.

I thought he would of been a stalwart of this team by now.  What has happened there?

Sleeping giant

Castlecamog league form don't count for shit as Dunloy showed all year.   Dall would have beat use by 10 points.  Looking forward to a tasty game under floodlight.  I'd take same outcome as last time we played under it,   A Wed night in casement if memory serves correct.  Best I've seen us play up until last feb and march.   As someone said. Form goes out the window when we meet, who ever wants it most,   Dunloy mad to "put us back in our place" as was quoted yesterday and the shamrocks mad for 3 in a row and to finally get one over are neighbours.  Canny wait!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north aontroim gael

The official Antrim GAA page has to be a parody of an official site.  I refer to the person who moderates / replies to posters on the guest book.  An example below:

Question
are the county serious fixing hurling matches at 3.30 next sunday during the football all ireland. I thought we were all in this together

Answer
This is more a case of you being on a different planet than those with some degree of sanity, at least. It is astounding how many are now only coming round to the realisation that club fixtures have been in place for this Sunday all year!Have they been in some sort of catatonic stupor until today? Welcome to the real world then!

If you were a youngster with a genuine question to ask, the attitiude of this person would definitely put you off.  Seems to have a serious chip on his/her shoulder for some reason.  I'd imagine some posts are repetitive and some maybe down right nonsense but that doesn't mean you have to reply in an over the top rant.

I don't know who controls the site but surely if it is administered directly by the County they should appoint someone with a degree of wit and patience to reply to the posters there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 17, 2012, 11:05:12 AM
Also just a quick one for Cusendall posters.  Paddy McNaughton seems to have backwards in his development, he was some player when he burst on the scene a few years ago and was only young then.  Doesn't seem to have built on that start at senior level.

I thought he would of been a stalwart of this team by now.  What has happened there?

Would playing NMcM in the half back line not be a lot better for Cushendall? I think he runs too much up front and gets closed down a lot quicker. If he were center half back he'd release the ball a lot quicker, just a thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 17, 2012, 12:04:02 PM
The official Antrim GAA page has to be a parody of an official site.  I refer to the person who moderates / replies to posters on the guest book.  An example below:

Question
are the county serious fixing hurling matches at 3.30 next sunday during the football all ireland. I thought we were all in this together

Answer
This is more a case of you being on a different planet than those with some degree of sanity, at least. It is astounding how many are now only coming round to the realisation that club fixtures have been in place for this Sunday all year!Have they been in some sort of catatonic stupor until today? Welcome to the real world then!

If you were a youngster with a genuine question to ask, the attitiude of this person would definitely put you off.  Seems to have a serious chip on his/her shoulder for some reason.  I'd imagine some posts are repetitive and some maybe down right nonsense but that doesn't mean you have to reply in an over the top rant.

I don't know who controls the site but surely if it is administered directly by the County they should appoint someone with a degree of wit and patience to reply to the posters there.
I know of people from the south that read our county site specifically to read his/her rants. It's embarrassing but the county don't seem to mind the image portrayed to others. Also their use of sporadic Irish terms on one hand (sin e) and English phraseology on the other (hogwash, horlicks etc) is quite comical.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Glensman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 17, 2012, 08:58:14 AM
Is there a match on before the county final? If not why in gods name play it in the dark?
Why not play it at half 3 on sat instead.
I see no sense in having to take small kids to Belfast at night for a game. Only one side of the grounds allowed to be open anyway is it not?

Assuming Casement could handle it and reckon it could I would have suggested the Junior, Intermediate and Senior be played that Saturday 29th (or Sunday if it hadn't been for All Ireland). 4pm, 6pm, 8pm. An Antrim festival of hurling. People would not gripe for £10 in.

Ps congrats to Endas Last Man. Fair play to Dunloy as well - fully deserved.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on September 17, 2012, 12:42:16 PM
Is there a match on before the county final? If not why in gods name play it in the dark?
I see no sense in having to take small kids to Belfast at night for a game. Only one side of the grounds allowed to be open anyway is it not?

Assuming Casement could handle it and reckon it could I would have suggested the Junior, Intermediate and Senior be played that Saturday 29th (or Sunday if it hadn't been for All Ireland). 4pm, 6pm, 8pm. An Antrim festival of hurling. People would not gripe for £10 in.

But did he play? A bit kat playing all these years and the team finally gets to a final at Casement!!!  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 17, 2012, 09:47:17 AM

Loughgiel have a poor rrcord against Dunloy in Championship finals over the past few years and will be wanting to put that right.  I think it will be a close match with little in it either way.

On the match itself, Cusendalls defence seemed quite porous (maybe doing an injustice to some of Dunloys play).  Kevin McQuillan has turned into a fine hurler with physique to match. He was always more of a footballer but seems to have honed his skills well.

Could any of the Dunloy posters list their starting 15 for me?  Some players I didn't know hurling yesterday and nicknames aren't best reference point.
Dunloy team was Nicky mc Keague, Mickey mc Clemments, James mc keague, Paudie shivers, Kevin mc Keague, Kevin Molloy, Conor mc kinley, séan dowds, Colum cunning, Kevin mc Quillan, Paul shields, Liam Richmond, Nigel Elliott, paddy Richmond, paddy Doherty.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 17, 2012, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 17, 2012, 09:47:17 AM

Dunloy team was Nicky mc Keague, Mickey mc Clemments, James mc keague, Paudie shivers, Kevin mc Keague, Kevin Molloy, Conor mc kinley, séan dowds, Colum cunning, Kevin mc Quillan, Paul shields, Liam Richmond, Nigel Elliott, paddy Richmond, paddy Doherty.

Thanks.  Name I was looking for was the CF Nigel Elliot. A son of Nigel's I assume?  Not the biggest but going to be a great hurler.

The final could be decided by the subs both teams have at their disposal.

Loughgiel have Dan McCloskey, Duck McFadden, Odhran McFadden and Seamy Dobbin who can come in and do a job.  The first two especially who will both be looking to push for a start.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2012, 12:44:43 PM
Quote from: Glensman on September 17, 2012, 12:42:16 PM

But did he play? A bit kat playing all these years and the team finally gets to a final at Casement!!!  :P
Lets say I played my part ya git  ;D, looking forward to my 10 minutes (warm up) on the holy ground on Saturday ;). Thanks for your genuinely kind words Glensman.

CitySlicker11

Firstly I have to admit I called the Dunloy result wrong, have Cushendall really went backwards over the last number of years? or are they just failing to perform on the day. What is the age profile of their overall squad?

Disappointed in the Johnnies, terrible result for them, and despite underage success, can't really see them making a breakthrough at senior. They are going well in the football though, and they may enjoy some success there over the next few years, it appears that is there priority as a club.

Mixed emotions for Belfast teams in the intermediate, on one hand great result for St Pauls - fair play to them. However I had thought Gort na Mona had turned a corner following their early season form, i'm sure they are very disappointed.

Rossa v Glenariffe on Sunday at Rossa then in the league decider, this is probably the biggest game that has been played in the 'new' division 2, as I can't remember it ever coming down to this late stage?? Despite the players missing on Sat for Glenariffe, Rossa still had a job to complete to keep their hopes alive and that was achieved, I would put them as slight favourites for Sunday despite have a very young panel.

manballandall

HS, any time yet for the game on sunday...are the clubs re arranging time so as not to clash with the AI final ?