Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Onthehill on September 16, 2012, 08:03:41 PM
Took a run to both semis. Loughgiel just to good for the johnnies and Dunloy fully deserving of the victory against a heartless cushendall. Looking forward to the meeting of my two neighbours.

Ps did anyone see a certain mr Fitzgerald on Dunloy line today? WTF?
Toto
he's been about on and off for a few months. Seen him and mushy swallowing a few in the bridge a couple of months ago
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

He has been there for quite some time. Helping out. Nothing more than that.
hurl like f**k boi!

Onthehill

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 16, 2012, 08:49:44 PM
He has been there for quite some time. Helping out. Nothing more than that.
I didn't notice him until a dunloy man standing beside me says look Davys on the line now. Has he been coaching the team? Dunloy looked fit and playing a 'hand passy' kind of game.

Hoof Hearted

When is the final ? Sat 29th ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Dunloy could almost have scored a goal every time they attacked. Can't believe how bad cushendall were. It was only 6 on the scoreboard but was more in reality.

One of cushendall's goals happened in the first minute or two as well when the Dunloy keeper stepped back over the line.

Be no love lost in the final that's for sure.

Yes hoof.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 16, 2012, 09:38:52 PM
Dunloy could almost have scored a goal every time they attacked. Can't believe how bad cushendall were. It was only 6 on the scoreboard but was more in reality.

One of cushendall's goals happened in the first minute or two as well when the Dunloy keeper stepped back over the line.

Be no love lost in the final that's for sure.

Yes hoof.

Cushendall defence a pale shadow of what it was a few years ago. Keeper not as reliable as he once was either.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Seamroga in exile

culchie11

Heard Dunloy flew wee Davy up by helicopter last weekend for a session, him and mushy are good mates! Should be an interesting final 50/50 call I'd say!

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 10:03:20 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 16, 2012, 09:38:16 PM
Yep. 7.30 in casement

Anything before that final on the saturday night ?

Davy fitz ??? didn't notice him though he wouldn't be the tallest

really tees up a hell of a final, i suppose looking at the dall record from last year we maybe shouldn't be as surprised.  Still am though.  Dunloy have improved greatly from Ballycastle game, although felt town had them that evening, don't think they would have beat Cushendall. 

Kind of a crossroads for the Dall, i would say Scullion will go, thought the last 15 mins of last years final highlighted that, nor have the Dall much on the bench.  Know AMacAteer there on the line, lots of other boys running about for show i think.  Seems to be the trend nowadays.

Will the Millennium Centre we getting a polish for that Saturday nite then, does the club provide in the drink to make a profit, if so i would say it would be a great money spinner for the shamrocks.  How much did they lift after all last years nites.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on September 16, 2012, 10:14:34 PM
Yep. 7.30 in casement

really tees up a hell of a final, i suppose looking at the dall record from last year we maybe shouldn't be as surprised.  Still am though.  Dunloy have improved greatly from Ballycastle game, although felt town had them that evening, don't think they would have beat Cushendall. 

Kind of a crossroads for the Dall, i would say Scullion will go, thought the last 15 mins of last years final highlighted that, nor have the Dall much on the bench.  Know AMacAteer there on the line, lots of other boys running about for show i think.  Seems to be the trend nowadays.

Will the Millennium Centre we getting a polish for that Saturday nite then, does the club provide in the drink to make a profit, if so i would say it would be a great money spinner for the shamrocks.  How much did they lift after all last years nites.
Going by this post are you thinking it's a nailed on cert that we'll win it? Well, it isn't. I've been saying all year about how Dunloy will improve under mushy and how they're a different team in the championship. It would be a fool who thinks that the final won't be a close game, because it will. It always is between us and them. It's got all the makings of classic.

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 10:32:36 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on September 16, 2012, 10:14:34 PM
Yep. 7.30 in casement

Going by this post are you thinking it's a nailed on cert that we'll win it? Well, it isn't. I've been saying all year about how Dunloy will improve under mushy and how they're a different team in the championship. It would be a fool who thinks that the final won't be a close game, because it will. It always is between us and them. It's got all the makings of classic.

rate u as hot favourites though certainly anything could happen, especially with the nature of a derby.  But my questions on centre and club remain

feel if shams win it a large contingent will head to the town, still a little ill feeling about there last celebration when winning a county final

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2012, 10:42:44 PM
Can't see past a Loch gCaol win myself but should be a good aul game.

If I was in charge of Dunloy, I'd forget about Winker and have the whole village chasing the tanned legs of Barney McAuley. He's they boy who makes Loch gCaol tick. Hoor is a great reader of the game and always has acres of space. Spoil, spoil, spoil.

That said, I will admit that if I was in charge of Dunloy, we'd get tanked.

+1
Eddie is the big threat Barney sits in the pocket and picks of handy points, either a spoiler or someone to run the legs off him!

maxpower

Good win, not a great win. Big performance needed the next day but traditionally we save our best for County Finals!

Credit to Eamon Hasson, don't think either team could have a complaint, though it must've been a very tight goal to award against us!
What happens next????

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: maxpower on September 17, 2012, 07:44:58 AM
Good win, not a great win. Big performance needed the next day but traditionally we save our best for County Finals!

Credit to Eamon Hasson, don't think either team could have a complaint, though it must've been a very tight goal to award against us!

Here Here Max, the game was by no means a classic, but Hasson didn't put a foot wrong and was on the ball the whole game as where his umpires on the goal incident.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Is there a match on before the county final? If not why in gods name play it in the dark?
Why not play it at half 3 on sat instead.
I see no sense in having to take small kids to Belfast at night for a game. Only one side of the grounds allowed to be open anyway is it not?
hurl like f**k boi!