Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2012, 07:55:52 PM
Can anyone else hear that record jumping?   ::)

Care to comment on the incident?

I spoke to a few shams who saw it, I will let you know what they said after you comment

Still loughgiels to lose IMO

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Megaman on September 15, 2012, 08:17:49 PM

I spoke to a few shams who saw it, I will let you know what they said after you comment

wasn't at it, but no doubt it was the worst atrocity ever witnessed on a hurling field.

I'll save you the bother, I've been told he was lucky to stay on. It happens, not justifying anything, but it does happen in most games.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Should be a great game tomorrow. Hopefully the weather holds up. I'm going with a car load of dunloy supporters. What have I let myself in for? :)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
Cloughmills beat Gorts by 1
great win for the biddies. hopefully they'll go a step further this year.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2012, 09:52:54 PM

wasn't at it, but no doubt it was the worst atrocity ever witnessed on a hurling field.

I'll save you the bother, I've been told he was lucky to stay on. It happens, not justifying anything, but it does happen in most games.

Was at the game myself. Loughgiel obviously superior all over as score suggests. Barney ran the show and hit some great scores. St Johns dry very poor and been disarray in camp last few weeks with players quitting etc. 2 Johnstons were in programme to start but weren't seen.

On the Watson incident. Was called exactly as a poster stated above. He took a shoulder and turned round and drive the bas of the hurl into the face of the St Johns defender. Now SIE you have said that you weren't at the game, and told that he did indeed deserve the red card which is just right. To say that happens in every game is a complete lie. Your posters were in arms about a tackle on James a few weeks ago and this was in the similar mould, serious hospital treatment could have been needed.

Should have been looking at a fair suspension and I think it's fair to say you got the luck of the green on that one. Questions to be asked about the call by the red and his team of officials. If one of them had saw it then it should have been red. If none saw it then no action should have been taken. I do not know how a yellow card could be issued for this type of offense. I won't comment in issue again for fear of saying I have a broken needle.....

Looking forward to our game tomorrow. Hopeful of a victory and if we are to win I think it will be of a narrow margin
the difference between success and failure is energy

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2012, 04:06:01 PM
St Paul's will give Tir Na Og all they want, will be a close affair but I'm going for St Paul's.

Gorts seemed to have turned a corner lately but will not get it easy against a stubborn Biddies team, I'm going for the 2 shocks

Fair play MR2. Good calls!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on September 16, 2012, 12:02:18 AM

Was at the game myself. Loughgiel obviously superior all over as score suggests. Barney ran the show and hit some great scores. St Johns dry very poor and been disarray in camp last few weeks with players quitting etc. 2 Johnstons were in programme to start but weren't seen.

On the Watson incident. Was called exactly as a poster stated above. He took a shoulder and turned round and drive the bas of the hurl into the face of the St Johns defender. Now SIE you have said that you weren't at the game, and told that he did indeed deserve the red card which is just right. To say that happens in every game is a complete lie. Your posters were in arms about a tackle on James a few weeks ago and this was in the similar mould, serious hospital treatment could have been needed.

Should have been looking at a fair suspension and I think it's fair to say you got the luck of the green on that one. Questions to be asked about the call by the red and his team of officials. If one of them had saw it then it should have been red. If none saw it then no action should have been taken. I do not know how a yellow card could be issued for this type of offense. I won't comment in issue again for fear of saying I have a broken needle.....

Looking forward to our game tomorrow. Hopeful of a victory and if we are to win I think it will be of a narrow margin
I wasn't defending the incident colonel, I was referring to the fact that players get away with things in every game behind the refs back. I maybe wasn't clear on that.

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 12:25:19 AM

I wasn't defending the incident colonel, I was referring to the fact that players get away with things in every game behind the refs back. I maybe wasn't clear on that.

People don't hit other people on the head with their stick on purpose in most games...in fact hardly anyone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Glensman on September 16, 2012, 12:41:03 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 12:25:19 AM

People don't hit other people on the head with their stick on purpose in most games...in fact hardly anyone.
Well apart from you know who!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Sadly never made te game the night but what I heard from people who were, and on here, I'm glad I didn't. Total mismatch, as it has been in all lgiels games. Try are far too good for that side of the draw so it got them an easier route to the final.
On the 'red card incident' I heard from 4 different people that it was a dwf straight red. Lucky boy indeed.
Roll on tomorrows game. Nothing between the two teams IMO so should hopefully be a good one and we get though.
A 1 point win to us!
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Jesus christ lads, I never said he didn't do it deliberately, nor did I say that people hit other players around the head in every game either. I said he got away with it, other players get away with things too, that's what I'm saying. FFS, Yous are all saints of course.  ::)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2012, 01:52:00 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 01:40:36 AM
Jesus christ lads, I never said he didn't do it deliberately, nor did I say that people hit other players around the head in every game either. I said he got away with it, other players get away with things too, that's what I'm saying. FFS, Yous are all saints of course.  ::)
What have you got against that Ballymena club?
:D

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 01:40:36 AM
Sure SIE can you not remember the dalls last game there golden child should of got line for the  same act!!  and we were all on here giving out!!!!!!   NOT!!!!   f**k me. Witch hunt out against Liam.      Everyone does wrong.  Think our dall posters should look apon there own club as past while before they start yapping !!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

Other people have done it but other people don't have a track record of doing it. What about the time against Tipp when he drove the butt of the stick into a mans face through the helmet? The Cork game? Now this. Everybody must have said the same thing too him as John Gardiner did and sure you wouldn't blame him after that :P

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 16, 2012, 07:17:09 AM
Other people have done it but other people don't have a track record of doing it. What about the time against Tipp when he drove the butt of the stick into a mans face through the helmet? The Cork game? Now this. Everybody must have said the same thing too him as John Gardiner did and sure you wouldn't blame him after that :P
Ulster's hurler of the century certainly had a track record of doing it. Ask our ballycastle and dunloy contributors jj.

Anyway, how go you think yous will do today against dunloy?