Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

To go out and put in a performance that leaves you with a bit of pride.  hold there own against top counties. The last year Antrim done this was 1/4 final against cork.  7/8 point defeat I know.  But Jesus it felt good to be actually in a game coming down the home straight against a decent outfit. Were never going to lord it.   But if we could compete with the next best.  That's me trying to be realistic!!  win ulster, Get by a round in Leinster.  Get through a round or two in the qualifiers.  The odd 1/4 final.

Aye we were in the game coming down the home straight until a certain someone got the line and wiped out any chance we had of getting a result.

Seamroga in exile

Yawn  ::)   
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

To be fair SIE he did balls the thing up for us that day by his actions. He could be one of the best forwards in Ireland at county level but never shows it. His bad temper ruined it.
That said he seems to have matured a bit. Turning 30 will do that lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

He also was the best Hurler on the field by a country mile that day and we wouldn't have been close if he hadn't have played. And like I've said on here before I'd have taken that red after what was said to him. The yawn was because this is old territory that has been walked on repeatedly ad nausium. Time some boys moved on and perhaps take a look at how their own hurlers let the county down this year with their childish, jealous behaviour.   ;)

imtommygunn

He was hardly the best hurler on the field by a country mile. He was ours yes but there are a few cork boys who can hurl a bit you know...

Anyway we wouldn't have beat cork with or without him that day - just a few boys using a chance for a dig here.

There's no reason we can't be beating Offaly and Wexford and pushing towards the likes of Dublin. *if* everyone pulls together mind.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2012, 11:10:07 AM
He was hardly the best hurler on the field by a country mile. He was ours yes but there are a few cork boys who can hurl a bit you know...

Anyway we wouldn't have beat cork with or without him that day - just a few boys using a chance for a dig here.

There's no reason we can't be beating Offaly and Wexford and pushing towards the likes of Dublin. *if* everyone pulls together mind.
I did mean for Antrim. He got an all star nomination on the back of that performance, sent off and all.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 15, 2012, 07:19:05 AM
To go out and put in a performance that leaves you with a bit of pride.  hold there own against top counties. The last year Antrim done this was 1/4 final against cork.  7/8 point defeat I know.  But Jesus it felt good to be actually in a game coming down the home straight against a decent outfit. Were never going to lord it.   But if we could compete with the next best.  That's me trying to be realistic!!  win ulster, Get by a round in Leinster.  Get through a round or two in the qualifiers.  The odd 1/4 final.

Aye we were in the game coming down the home straight until a certain someone got the line and wiped out any chance we had of getting a result.
I knew writing this what the 1st comment would be.  Kinda left myself open for it.   But anyhow.  Use get my point.  :)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

BlackandAmber

good luck to the teams this weekend

Loughgeil to beat St Johns by at least 8

The Dall and Dunloy. seen both 2 times this year and now got a sneaky feelin for Dunloy to win this by a couple of points.

whats the betting on that?

Cushendun and Naomh Eanna for the Junior games

Minder

What about the IHC ? Randalstown & Gorts ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

Minder I heard a rumour you were going to step into the breach today...is it true?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 15, 2012, 01:21:42 PM
Minder I heard a rumour you were going to step into the breach today...is it true?

Christ had I've known this I'd have headed down, with a defib of course  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

St Paul's will give Tir Na Og all they want, will be a close affair but I'm going for St Paul's.

Gorts seemed to have turned a corner lately but will not get it easy against a stubborn Biddies team, I'm going for the 2 shocks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

Oh aye, up the Shamrocks!  ;)

Minder

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 15, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Family commitments  :-*

Minder

Rossa won handy anyway.