Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 12, 2012, 03:41:11 PM
MR2 no County Finals for you? Your lad Mc Grath doing his reputation no harm these days with the wee ball, Duffy conspicuous by his absence recently, doesn't seem to be getting to many games of late, anything to report there?

No county finals as yet :P

I really couldn't care in fairness, a bitta craic and a chance to see games and get out of the house ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

I know, couldn't agree more, its just I heard he had picked up a few injuries just wondering is he out for the rest of the season, that's all or was it BS i was being feed.

Milltown Row2

I see Loughgiel are 1/8 for Saturdays match, Evens -9, it was -8 earlier but it's obviously been hammered by a lot of gamblers in Belfast :o

-9 is about right might hit that for a draw

Cushendall are evens -3, again about right though it could be tighter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

SiE and SG would the bodies not fancy the Shamrocks -8 or -9?
You think thats a reasonable handicap Mr2? What's your call for the Rossa game and promotion?
Or have you turned to the big ball as well? God forbid!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 13, 2012, 09:42:25 AM
You think thats a reasonable handicap Mr2? What's your call for the Rossa game and promotion?

If the rumours are to be believed then Rossa should come away with a win in Waterfoot. Job done. But the second game will be a cracker. Would love to referee that one......Not!!

As for the odds, well I believe they are about correct, Loughgiel will step off the gas late on and maybe allow the Johnnies a few late scores to spoil the handicap >:(

While I'm a hurler at heart I've always played football btdtgtt, infact played the over 40's tournament on Saturday (for a good cause), great days craic and plenty of Antrim greats played. Managed to score a point also so was well chuffed!!

oisinog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2012, 10:01:30 AM

If the rumours are to be believed then Rossa should come away with a win in Waterfoot. Job done. But the second game will be a cracker. Would love to referee that one......Not!!

As for the odds, well I believe they are about correct, Loughgiel will step off the gas late on and maybe allow the Johnnies a few late scores to spoil the handicap >:(

While I'm a hurler at heart I've always played football btdtgtt, infact played the over 40's tournament on Saturday (for a good cause), great days craic and plenty of Antrim greats played. Managed to score a point also so was well chuffed!!

You must have been one of the oldest players on the pitch  ;)

Sleeping giant

I think St johns +9 at evens would be a smarter bet than us -9.   Never no what johnnies team will show up with football in mind.  That said I don't even no if they have as many dual players as St Galls.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 13, 2012, 11:28:03 AM
I think St johns +9 at evens would be a smarter bet than us -9.   Never no what johnnies team will show up with football in mind.  That said I don't even no if they have as many dual players as St Galls.

Yeah fancy that also

johnneycool

From HS;

Hurling race down to two
13 September 2012
The appointment of a new Antrim hurling manager seems to between two men.

Antrim native Michael Johnston and former Carlow manager Kevin Ryan are believed to be the two candidates that the county board are currently considering.

A decision on the matter is due to be made in the next week or so, but the county board stressed that they won't be pushed into a decision.

Johnston has guided Armagh to Nicky Rackard Cup success, while Ryan led Carlow to back to back Christy Ring Cup titles recently.

Is it better the devil you know?

btdtgtt

Its the easier on the pocket option - Jonston.
Or easier on the poiltics option - Kevin Ryan

Seamroga in exile

not a betting man.

As for the Antrim job, yous will listen to me yet.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Who are you saying will get the county job SiE?
I would have thought your lads would have been looking for a convinving win on Saturday? Getting close to peaking time?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 13, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
I would have thought your lads would have been looking for a convinving win on Saturday? Getting close to peaking time?
if I was a betting man my money would be on the man from Carlow.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

And the game on Saturday? You dont get off that easy!

Sure while we're here make a call on the other semi?

Since I'm asking - Loughiuel to win by 10, And the dall by the minimum.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2012, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 13, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
if I was a betting man my money would be on the man from Carlow.
I'd hope the betting man would know that the man from Carlow is in fact from Waterford.