Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 07, 2012, 08:58:10 AM
to be honest so would i. if the johnnies nailed that many scores against lgiel then they would be winning this game.

i dont think this game will be as loose as the glenariffe game was, i think that st johns will keep it tight until lgiel pull away and win handy enough at at the end up.

ballycastle are better than what their current league standing is. they have some great young players and i would say theey will get better as time goes on.

st johns are brutaly hard to beat in their own ground, we got away with a 1 point win, cushendall and other teams struggled there as well this year. the hurlings there in them, its just geting it to come together on the day is the problem for them.

glenariffe are an odd one. waaay to good for div 2 but struggle in Div 1 each year when they come back. dont understand that one at all. their league form in div 1 is far too inconsistent and they never get a good run going to keep them going in the year.

It's because they are a dual club :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lol so are we tho we wouldn't use that as an excuse  ;D lol
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 07, 2012, 08:58:10 AM
to be honest so would i. if the johnnies nailed that many scores against lgiel then they would be winning this game.

i dont think this game will be as loose as the glenariffe game was, i think that st johns will keep it tight until lgiel pull away and win handy enough at at the end up.

ballycastle are better than what their current league standing is. they have some great young players and i would say theey will get better as time goes on.

st johns are brutaly hard to beat in their own ground, we got away with a 1 point win, cushendall and other teams struggled there as well this year. the hurlings there in them, its just geting it to come together on the day is the problem for them.

glenariffe are an odd one. waaay to good for div 2 but struggle in Div 1 each year when they come back. dont understand that one at all. their league form in div 1 is far too inconsistent and they never get a good run going to keep them going in the year.

Interesting - they havent won it just yet!
At the risk of repeating myself at the risk of repeating myself - +1 on the dual club comment.

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 07, 2012, 09:41:28 AM
Lol so are we tho we wouldn't use that as an excuse  ;D lol

Maybe the handful of out and out footballers in Dunloy are using it as an excuse though!

Na Glinntí Glasa

We only have about 5 dual players at senior level at the moment. I wouldn't use that as an excuse for being stuck in div 3 ;)
hurl like f**k boi!

CitySlicker11

Can't see past comfortable enough wins for Cushendall and Loughgiel in the semi finals. And I expect another similar game to last years final with Loughgiel shading it by a few points. With a few contentious decisions along the line. Who would the Ulster (Antrim) champions meet in the All Ireland semi final this year?

Na Glinntí Glasa

it will be the galway champions this year
hurl like f**k boi!

DearyMe

Interesting you know that Dunloy!  Dont think its really of any interest to yous though!! ;DDont bite now!!! :o
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Buswhacker

Dunloy always seemed to play well at Loughgiel down through the years,sort of second home (well hardly). They're worth a flutter in any case.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Last time we played cushendall in lgiel was the semi final and we won by a point. We went on to beat lgiel in the final that year. 07 was it?
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

I'm guessing that Dunloy are happy to be playing Cushendall, cause they believe they can beat them. Loughgiel would be happy for Dunloy to win so they can try and stuff them in the final (should they get there) and Cushendall aren't as confident as they would have hoped and are very fearfull of losing so many in a row!!

A lot at stake for everyone, Loughgiel have recently raised the bar and have the other teams worried. Some craic all the same, can't wait till next week.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2012, 12:50:28 PM
I'm guessing that Dunloy are happy to be playing Cushendall, cause they believe they can beat them. Loughgiel would be happy for Dunloy to win so they can try and stuff them in the final (should they get there) and Cushendall aren't as confident as they would have hoped and are very fearfull of losing so many in a row!!

A lot at stake for everyone, Loughgiel have recently raised the bar and have the other teams worried. Some craic all the same, can't wait till next week.

wouldn't say we are happy to be playing cushendall mr2. believe  it or not the general feeling round the village is if we can get by the dall we could beat loughgeil. pound for pound the dall have better hurlers where loughgeil who have some average hurlers with the exception of one wonderfully gifted player and two maybe three good ones. All the smart money on loughgeil and quite rightly so but i know our lads would love to get by cushendall and a chance to play them in the final. we have absolutely nothing to lose, all loughgeil posters on here bar one has been very forthcoming and blunt about Dunloys demise. this is understandable in view of our standards compared to some years back, but i think LG would rather play the Dall in the final(players that is not the posters on  here)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Heart says Galway, head says cats by at least 6. Hope I'm wrong.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 09, 2012, 03:28:53 PM
Heart says Galway, head says cats by at least 6. Hope I'm wrong.

some match,very tense .hogan turned the game for kilkenny. was hoping galway could pull it off but they shot to many wide's
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Loved it nah. couldn't make it down today. I'll trying my best to get a couple of tickets for the replay. anybody want to help a fella out?  ;D

That'll mean the county final being put back at least a week.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"