Quote from: Last Man on August 28, 2012, 06:53:17 AM
Quote from: Glensman on August 27, 2012, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: chocoholic on August 27, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
St. Johns V Lamh Dhearg Friday at 8.15pm in Casement

Loughgiel V Glenariffe Saturday at 7pm in Armoy

St. Galls V Ruairi Og Sunday at 2.30pm in Casement

Dunloy V Ballycastle Sunday at 6pm in Loughgiel

Well done our county board for arranging such a random set of fixtures over 3 days in different areas of the county just so as people have to cough up entrance fees 4 times. Why could we not have had a couple of double headers? St. Johns V Lamh's and Cushendall V St. Galls in Casement on Saturday evening and Loughgiel V Glenariffe and Dunloy V Ballycastle in Armoy/Cushendall/ Glenravel on Sunday? You couldn't make it up.

Are you sure they aren't double headed up with IHC or JHC games? Think there's plenty of those games aswell.

Dall by 10
Johnnies by 15
Ballycastle by 1 or 2
Lougheil by 8

There are a few double headers involving the other championships.

http://antrimgaa.net/fixtures-results/

Does seem a little strange not grouping a couple of the senior games together though.

Johnnies by 10
Dall by 11
Dunloy by 6
Loughgeil by 15

Terrible news that the SHC games will have to share the stage with IHC and JHC, I really hope the stylists aren't tainted and learn any bad habits from the little leaguers :o

Wasn't criticising, just thought it strange. Chill.

My thoughts on the little leaguers...for what they are worth.

Intermediate:
Gorts v Ahoghill - Ahoghill by 6, appear on a high with the football championship/hurling league leading
St Pauls v Rasharkin - St Pauls by 2. Should win easily but Rasharkin might put it up to them given its championship. If Geyser still playing then he's the man to stop for St Pauls.Creggan v Cloughmills - Creggan by 6. Can't seen past them with the McCanns and McKeown. Conor McCann to score a bagful.
Armoy v Randalstown - Armoy by 2/3. Will be a close game.

Junior
O'Donnells v St Endas - St Endas by 10. Full of stylists.
Cushendun v St Agnes - Cushendun by 5.
Ardoyne v Glenarm - Glenarm by 6. Don't appear to have been going well in league but might have too much.
McDermotts v Glenravel - Glenravel by 7.

God help the referee who'll be doing this game!!!
Is it not one of your own club men MR2 - McCaffrey?  Sure to have his hands full with those Rasharkin boys?  I wonder will the powers that be in HQ be monitoring them. :-[  Either way their behaviour and that of there troublesome fans I'd say will be under the microscope.  But sure the Hasson clan have proven to be potential Petrocellis!
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Maninthemiddle

Winker3716 your some crac, your know your referees I'll give you that.

Couldn't believe that St Brides from south Belfast who actively discouraged hurling in the south of the city actually proposed a member of the their club for the Minor Hurling Managers job, they must have proposed a 50% reduction in expenses, music to the county chairman's ears. Times they are a changing.

Last Man

Quote from: Maninthemiddle on August 31, 2012, 07:26:31 AM

Couldn't believe that St Brides from south Belfast who actively discouraged hurling in the south of the city actually proposed a member of the their club for the Minor Hurling Managers job, they must have proposed a 50% reduction in expenses, music to the county chairman's ears. Times they are a changing.
If he thinks he can do it leave him at it, rather him than me. 16 to 18yr olds must be the most difficult group to take these days.

johnneycool

Potential young doctors and barristers can be wielding hurls in case those little digits take a bit of a battering.

Glensman

Quote from: Last Man on August 31, 2012, 08:25:17 AM

If he thinks he can do it leave him at it, rather him than me. 16 to 18yr olds must be the most difficult group to take these days.

Could not agree more...with Last Man. If you have been reading on here at all Maninthemiddle one thing all are in agreement with, together with the moderator on the county website is that we need more men/women to commit and give their time. Why do you have an issue with a man throwing his hat in the ring? Surely its up to the powers that be to make a decision on who the best candidate it. Give up the refereeing for a year and give it a rattle yourself if you have an issue.

Actively discouraged hurling...did they not have a senior team in the leagues a few years ago but folded. Do they not have some juvenile hurling amalgamation with some other teams?

No defending the club as I do not know them well but clear you have a chip on your shoulder about them.

To many chips on too many shoulders and until that stops we'll never take our hurling to the next level.

btdtgtt

I wouldn't slant anyone for offering time to the county but if I was a st brigids man I think it's clear the club would need this individual more than the county.

I mean if st brigids are not fielding at any level maybe this expertise would be better printing hurling in the vast catchment they have at their disposal.

Ultimately that will benefit the county but charity begins at home and all that.

Unless that is - st brigids don't want hurling promoted.

theskull1

Who is "this individual"?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

winker3716

I know them quite well, not personally though but have endured their some standard performances for numerous years now.  One thing I will say though, Antrim hurling referees  in my experience, do not perform to the levels expected in a fast moving, skillfull and physical game.  In many respects though , that has probably more to do with the way many of our clubs are more focused on damaging an individual/s player/s at the local derby stages.  More about the man than either the ball or the game.  Sad as this maybe, one of the key elements which continues to impact on Antrim hurling's progression and ability to compete at the higher levels of the game.  I told you I was radical!  Some of the referees, are good enough ads I suppose, giving their time etc.  But many are severe egotists and power freaks, want to be the centre of attention in courting the limelight.
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

playwiththewind1st

I'm quite sure that anyone who wants to put his name forward for refereeing [or indeed as a refereeing assessor] would be welcomed with open arms!

winker3716

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 31, 2012, 02:37:54 PM
I'm quite sure that anyone who wants to put his name forward for refereeing [or indeed as a refereeing assessor] would be welcomed with open arms!
Are you nuts man?  What if you got a Rasharkin match, sure the CIA/FBI would not be able to cover ur back.  Look what happened to poor Mathews, and then subsequently shafted big time by the county.  Probably one of our better referees at that.  Eddie Fitz would even turn down a Rasharkin game.  :D ;)

imtommygunn

Should we have a "bitch about Antrim hurling referees" thread independent of this one?? Getting ridiculous at this point  :o

NAG1

As I said last week ITG totally tiresome, yet to offer an opinion on anything hurling related other than santer about refs.

winker3716

Quote from: hardstation on August 31, 2012, 03:29:27 PM
Meanwhile, I reckon Lámh Dhearg are going to turn the Johnnies over tonight.
Ah hell HS, don't be saying that, I have a quad done with Mr. P. Power - St. Johns, Cushendal, Dunloy and Shamrocks.  I certainly would not want to fall at the first hurdle. ;D

As much I would love to see them turn the Johnny's over, I really don't think so!  ;)

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on August 31, 2012, 03:29:27 PM
Meanwhile, I reckon Lámh Dhearg are going to turn the Johnnies over tonight.

You could be right. Need one upset this weekend - can't see any in the other games unless st galls pull something out though sounds unlikely.

btdtgtt

Really doubt that HS dunno why u would think that?
Town to do dunloy only chance of upset.