Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2012, 05:36:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 25, 2012, 05:30:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2012, 05:23:36 PM
Cushendall boys not give this a lash then? Is it because of the manager ::)

Paddy McNaughton was the only one I think.

Panel of 24, he was number 24 :P

I think they only played the ones that trained regularly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Buswhacker

What is the point of undergoing this ritual slaughter year after year. It's not fair on either players or management.

optimus cheese

Honest answer is I really don't know. Last three years in semis lost by 25+ points. Seems as though there is no will to improve things. It's not just U21 but minor too, and senior I suppose. We are probably at out lowest ebb I can remember and see no way out. I hope I'm wrong but this year hasn't exactly delivered any silver linings on the county front

saffron89

maybe we should just let shams represent at all levels ::)

winker3716

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2012, 01:22:57 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 25, 2012, 11:02:13 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2012, 09:19:31 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 25, 2012, 07:18:05 AM
I wouldn't for a second believe that St. Galls won't field

Won't be fielding, will be having Sunday roast at the Greenan Lodge followed by a few scoops in the club!!

Winker2709(bog ash) you do believe and talk some shite. Bring Dinny back????
Them boys who sent me messages were right.  You're levels of paranoia know now bounds. Catch a grip of your self lad.  Sure would that not be like St. Galls bring you back?  Bottom line is, both cost money!  And was  "bog ash" not a Miltown like your good self.  Come on now lad relax, keep taking the tablets, what are they prescribing for Bi-Polar syndrome nowadays?  ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D >:( :(

Word on the street is, you cant buy hurling balls, so how are you's going to buy dinner.  Sure maybe your Rossa mates would lend you's a few bob, they're well heeled at present I hear.  Off to the office now and invest shackles with PP. ya never know, that dinner may still be feasible!  ;)er

Who on here would send you a message??
You would be surprised MR2.  See, unlike you in your good cop/bad cop role, I don't get affronted when others have a difference of opinion. Whats this Bog Ash crap you refer to, eh? Holy Christ our lads were terrible today. Most certainly a case fro bringing back DC now.  That Jonty lad would set us back another 19 years.  North Antrim lads would also not get a look in  :-[  Well, back to the G&T's, another bloody depressing day  :(
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

ManInBlackandGreen

Well mr2 if what I hear is correct fair play to you, when you look at what these supposed experts are getting out of the game, a man deserves his expenses, your committee sounds like a joke, and as per usual in st galls hurling gets the short shift. Stick to the refn, at least your expenses are guaranteed!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 26, 2012, 01:38:43 PM
Well mr2 if what I hear is correct fair play to you, when you look at what these supposed experts are getting out of the game, a man deserves his expenses, your committee sounds like a joke, and as per usual in st galls hurling gets the short shift. Stick to the refn, at least your expenses are guaranteed!

Not about the money, but how things are done.

Refereed a game the other night, what da fook are kids on nowadays?? Wanting to fight every time and the mentors are saying I'm causing a riot!! Are these guys for real?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Totally agree, it's best to take an attitude now of zero tolerance! No matter what you do your a b****ks so implement the rule book, most don't know what it is!! Our referee,s need to be consistent to the rule book and I guarentee we would eradicate 50% of the problems in one season! Looking at the championship games in football recently, same 4 referees doing all the games, would overlook it if the refs where of a good standard but the reality is there not! Plain and simple.

chocoholic

Hurling games need to be reffed the way they are reffed in the southern counties. A refereeing conference with players, coaches etc is needed to raise awareness of how games are improved by NOT applying every minuscule offence in the rule book. Our players when they play against southern opposition struggle under the intensity of tackling, striking under pressure, ball winning when being tackled etc. There are too many frees awarded up here and the team with the better free taker has an advantage because referees, players and coaches arent used to the game being allowed to flow and the benefit of the doubt given for the sake of improving the game.

I'm not saying we should let chaos happen. I understand referees get it in the neck about the screaming and shouting from sidelines, supporters and players looking frees but if they would all let the game flow, standards in my opinion would improve. If people get nasty or pull dirty strokes, by all means punish them and punish the foul when it is clear a team has no advantage certainly.  But if a player for example is fouled but manages to dip the ball anyway and get away, then let it go.

ManInBlackandGreen

With the greatest respect bullks! It has been tried many times in the past by Elliott Duffy Hassan and Matthews and you know what, the teams bar 1 or 2 haven't a fckn clue and want to beat the bullks out of one another!! We can't play that type of game full stop, that's the point I'm making about consistently, too few referee,s that can actually referee this type of physical game, because our referees are poor bar the national lads who are used to referring this style when they head across the boarder!!! I have watched it the last 3 years, and until the county and refs committee bother their arse putting structures in place then the status quo stays, unfortunately for us the paying public! Rant over, lovely cold glass of Chardonnay waiting for me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: chocoholic on August 26, 2012, 02:43:17 PM
Hurling games need to be reffed the way they are reffed in the southern counties. A refereeing conference with players, coaches etc is needed to raise awareness of how games are improved by NOT applying every minuscule offence in the rule book. Our players when they play against southern opposition struggle under the intensity of tackling, striking under pressure, ball winning when being tackled etc. There are too many frees awarded up here and the team with the better free taker has an advantage because referees, players and coaches arent used to the game being allowed to flow and the benefit of the doubt given for the sake of improving the game.

I'm not saying we should let chaos happen. I understand referees get it in the neck about the screaming and shouting from sidelines, supporters and players looking frees but if they would all let the game flow, standards in my opinion would improve. If people get nasty or pull dirty strokes, by all means punish them and punish the foul when it is clear a team has no advantage certainly.  But if a player for example is fouled but manages to dip the ball anyway and get away, then let it go.

I referee the way I would like a referee would do in a game I play in. As MIBG has said only a few do this. Problem is when you let the hard tackles go, the amount of gurning you get from the players, mentors and supporters is un fooking real. I was called a cheat about 5/6 times during the match, I booked the players and sent to mentors to the line. I asked them how was I cheating? I said i don't like either club and don't give a shit who wins, could they understand?? No, thick as fcuk.

A lad was injured and the umpire squealed, yes squealed at me to look at the lad who was injured I said I will but I'm busy sorting this out, he was still squealing at me saying that I wasn't human!!! What a nob.

Even the wee fullback said I'll speak to you after the game!! I booked him and after the match I went over to see what he had to say, of course he'd nowt to say, hopefully I get them again :o

Oh the mad squealing umpire came to me after the game and asked what I was going to do about the lad that got sent off, I said straight for punching player in the face, asked me is there anything I could do????? I said teach the lads to play hurling and stop fighting (dickhead)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2012, 03:18:05 PM
Quote from: chocoholic on August 26, 2012, 02:43:17 PM

I referee the way I would like a referee would do in a game I play in. As MIBG has said only a few do this. Problem is when you let the hard tackles go, the amount of gurning you get from the players, mentors and supporters is un fooking real. I was called a cheat about 5/6 times during the match, I booked the players and sent to mentors to the line. I asked them how was I cheating? I said i don't like either club and don't give a shit who wins, could they understand?? No, thick as fcuk.

A lad was injured and the umpire squealed, yes squealed at me to look at the lad who was injured I said I will but I'm busy sorting this out, he was still squealing at me saying that I wasn't human!!! What a nob.

Even the wee fullback said I'll speak to you after the game!! I booked him and after the match I went over to see what he had to say, of course he'd nowt to say, hopefully I get them again :o

Oh the mad squealing umpire came to me after the game and asked what I was going to do about the lad that got sent off, I said straight for punching player in the face, asked me is there anything I could do????? I said teach the lads to play hurling and stop fighting (d**khead)
Personally I couldn't agree more.

Milltown Row2

Wasn't your game Last Man, but some other spidey team :'(

Was a referee meeting at start of the year and we were all saying about abuse that the referee gets and how we should deal with the mentors and enforce it. One of the mentors that I sent off the line was calling me a cheat !!! what a dick. I said to him as I sent him off that he was at that meeting and was in agreement at the time (shakes head)

Water off a ducks back for me, even had a mother come over to me after the game to say I wasn't protecting her son!! If I hadda applied the rules like they wanted I'd have ended up with 2 players on each team

chocoholic

I see what your saying. Anytime i've reffed a kids game or something i do the same. Referee it as you would have liked it played. It isnt nice getting squeeled at but until the GAA bring about some sort of strategy to deal with that, its going to be part of it. The referee just needs to be content with the point that he is improving the game by refereeing it that way. The good thing about Matthews and Elliot is that you knew they were going to ref it that way so people never screamed for frees left right and centre when they were in charge. Surely thats the point about it. If all referees ref it that way then it becomes the norm.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2012, 04:16:55 PM
Wasn't your game Last Man, but some other spidey team :'(

Was a referee meeting at start of the year and we were all saying about abuse that the referee gets and how we should deal with the mentors and enforce it. One of the mentors that I sent off the line was calling me a cheat !!! what a dick. I said to him as I sent him off that he was at that meeting and was in agreement at the time (shakes head)

Water off a ducks back for me, even had a mother come over to me after the game to say I wasn't protecting her son!! If I hadda applied the rules like they wanted I'd have ended up with 2 players on each team

I figured that but i'd be the first to say we have too many offenders anyway. I can't be doing with it myself and hopefully refs would see that any teams that i take who transgress would have more to listen to from me than the ref.
BTW are you insinuating we are one of the spidey teams??? We have been called "snobby middle class b@st@rds" I'll have you know ;D