Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 10:20:26 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 17, 2012, 10:17:58 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
That's a woeful list of excuses JJ. Cushendall have perennially be poor respectors of the league especially around July and August. Poor quality comes from that mindset. I've seen some very good hurling this past few weeks. You do the reputation of the league very real harm when teams step onto the pitch to go through the motions and then somehow blame 'the league' for the poor quality game
Cushendall were unbeaten up until last night and nearly won it last year(beaten in last match) so they must have been taking it serious enough??

Which is grand but that excuse is a bit unfair, teams from div 2 would love to be in that league and fight tooth and nail to get in......
What teams are they? They couldn't have fought too much - Ballycastle relegated - straight up and I'd say Glenariffe have done this twice?

theskull1

They've always had a couldn't be arsed attitude late on in the season two hands. Whether they win lose or draw isnt really what I'm talking about. It does the league a disservice
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2012, 10:42:13 AM
They've always had a couldn't be arsed attitude late on in the season two hands. Whether they win lose or draw isnt really what I'm talking about. It does the league a disservice
Late in the season? You talking now or October time?
Sure Dunloy had that attitude in the Championship last year  ;)

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Megaman

No more or less than any other team Skull,

They where absolute Shite last night, simple as!!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Megaman on August 17, 2012, 11:07:19 AM

No more or less than any other team Skull,

They where absolute Shite last night, simple as!!
That's what I was thinking Megaman. Doesn't say for the rest(Bar Loughgiel) if they are sitting at the top.

optimus cheese

Take it Shane is back from the States then? Would imagine St Gall's giving it a rattle in championship but can't see anything but a Cushendall/Loughgiel final again

Fairhead

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 17, 2012, 07:12:43 AM
MR2 we were missing a few more than 2. This result was always on the cards, it could have happened any time over the last few weeks, the league has become a waste of time with the matches each week being of a really poor quality. Hard to keep players motivated however it is a worrying result coming up to championship.

Very strange comment.

Anyway badly needed result for Ballycastle and puts thoughts of relegation out of the picture. Hopefully gives the team some confidence ahead of the championship.

the colonel

Whilst we were very bad and missing a few players, it would be unfair to say Ballycastle didn't play well. Fair play to them. They moved the ball quickly and definitely deserved their win
the difference between success and failure is energy

BlackandAmber

Quote from: the colonel on August 17, 2012, 02:50:06 PM
Whilst we were very bad and missing a few players, it would be unfair to say Ballycastle didn't play well. Fair play to them. They moved the ball quickly and definitely deserved their win

Fair dues colonel. the way things have went for the Town lately you'd have expected the Dall even missin some to win but like Faihead says great boost before the championship and puts relegation out of the way.  Looks like Ballygalget now allright except St Johns let it slip.

Jesusjones

I don't know why everyone is so annoyed by my comments. We've all gotten very politically correct, How can you possibly complain about not taking the league seriously? As long as you don't get relegated then what difference does it actually make if you win it, come second or whatever? We had a great system in place a few years ago where the top 4 qualified for the championship semi finals. I'd love to see that system back, other ideas on how to make the league relevant welcome.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 17, 2012, 05:41:19 PM
I don't know why everyone is so annoyed by my comments. We've all gotten very politically correct, How can you possibly complain about not taking the league seriously? As long as you don't get relegated then what difference does it actually make if you win it, come second or whatever? We had a great system in place a few years ago where the top 4 qualified for the championship semi finals. I'd love to see that system back, other ideas on how to make the league relevant welcome.

You sure about that?? Would that not have meant the rest of division 1 wasn't even in the championship??

Milltown Row2

Beat Loughgiel by a point tonight I hear. any other results out there ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Belfast teams all the way!!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of our North antrim folk about tonight???? Black and Amber might come on :o