Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2012, 09:20:06 PM
Whatever you reckon yourself.

Bad result for St. Galls, beaten by Gort.

Any word on the Johnnies?

Johnnies won 2-20 to 0-14
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

chocoholic

Great result for gorts. They seem like a different team than the gort side that started the league. What has beeen then change in them?

Well done to Johnnies. Division 1 vital for Antrim teams

chocoholic

Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2012, 09:29:34 PM
Just seeing the Johnnies won handy.

Ballygalget for the drop then. When was the last time they (or any Ards team) were Div 2?

Ballycran not there about 3 years ago?

Last Man

Galls erstwhile manager was doing something right then. ;)

btdtgtt

I was up at corrigan - result never in doubt. St johns boys seemed happy enough that should keep them up.
Ballycran were in div2 a few years back alright. Lost one game to Rossa (who beat them in ulster league final also) but went straight back to div1. Which raises another question - since the re-structure have the team relegated from div1 went straight back up every year?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: chocoholic on July 30, 2012, 09:32:49 PM

Ballygalget for the drop then. When was the last time they (or any Ards team) were Div 2?

relegated the year they won the championship if i remember right.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 30, 2012, 07:58:03 AM
Poor wee Liam and sure he never pulls a dirty stroke himself.
ahh poor wee Liam can look after himself ;) you worry about your own boys JJ. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

SG I was saying that out of genuine concern for the fella, sure he is a great lad, sets a fine example and is an all round genuine guy we should all be proud off. :P I'd say its yourselves that are doing the worrying, It'd be a terrible thing if the All Ireland champions couldn't even retain their county championship.

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 30, 2012, 11:28:38 PM
Quote from: chocoholic on July 30, 2012, 09:32:49 PM

relegated the year they won the championship if i remember right.

No, I think they won the Down championship the year they won Div2 in Antrim, not the year they got relegated.

We really require ball winners in our forwards in particular and fancy drills don't create them.

we've two very good hurlers out of U-16 next year and they'll be getting their chance sooner rather than later, as well as a very good, but a bit lazy 15 year old, who surprisingly has been training away with the seniors and holding his own, he's a big lad and that's a bonus. We'll need to work a lot with them to get them through, but you've got to start somewhere.

maxpower

Would have thought if Ballygalget go down (still an if) they would have the players to come straight back up, even in a very tight div2.  Ballwinners is the problem but some really accurate forwards coming through and div2 may be the place to bring them through
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on July 30, 2012, 10:02:36 PM

Galls erstwhile manager was doing something right then. ;)

Wasn't at the game but heard we had a wile amount of boys missing due to injuries and hols. 6 point defeat not bad considering the team we had out.

League was well over before last night. I'd say on current form Cushendall won't have any problems in giving us a serious hidding, I'd prefer to give them a decent showing as they will learn nothing about themselves after our game.

With a month to go before the Championship I hope we pull the finger out and put in a worthwile effort, here's hoping
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

MR2 if I have said it once I have said it a million times - dual clubs!

Looks like football has taken over which is understandable but yes hopefully a big push for one off championship game. I think dall would want a strong game off galls to help them know where they are.

manballandall

New management team are very confident of pushing Dall all the way but I dont know where this confidence comes from considering they havent trained in weeks. Maybe he has a few tricks up his sleeve we dont know about. He is certainly talking the talk at the minute anyway....i hope he is right.

btdtgtt

Who is taking st galls lads?

manballandall

Kevin Sheehan, John Hopkins and Martin Mc Keown is the new team...Kevin would tell you he was a great player but plagued by knee and weight problems...