Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 24, 2012, 10:45:40 PM
also heard someone from county had contacted club looking the video.   on mangers note.  id approach James mc naughton from c,dall, Gary o, kane dunloy, and either Aidan mc carry or Neil paterson and see if they would give it a go between them,   not meaning any harm to city clubs by not asking anyone from there :D    just like to see few lads from that good antrim team in and see if they could get the lads pulling together.

Oh I didn't realise the '89 didn't have any belfast lads on it - like eh the captain maybe.
Joke or not this exposes an under-lying attitude and I thought by now north Antrim would realise that they can't do it alone - the glens are not a hurling stronghold at all when it comes to inter county hurling.

theskull1

also heard someone from county had contacted club looking the video.   on mangers note.  id approach James mc naughton from c,dall, Gary o, kane dunloy, and either Aidan mc carry or Neil paterson and see if they would give it a go between them,   not meaning any harm to city clubs by not asking anyone from there :D    just like to see few lads from that good antrim team in and see if they could get the lads pulling together.

Do you think that beaver would get the respect of antrim players. I would have my doubts. He disappeared off the planet for nearly 20 years. Class player but not a great servant to hurling since he pulled the pin.

Agree with MR re the Antrim job. Tough position to do "well" (whatever that is) in it would seem.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 24, 2012, 11:49:09 PM
also heard someone from county had contacted club looking the video.   on mangers note.  id approach James mc naughton from c,dall, Gary o, kane dunloy, and either Aidan mc carry or Neil paterson and see if they would give it a go between them,   not meaning any harm to city clubs by not asking anyone from there :D    just like to see few lads from that good antrim team in and see if they could get the lads pulling together.

Oh I didn't realise the '89 didn't have any belfast lads on it - like eh the captain maybe.
Joke or not this exposes an under-lying attitude and I thought by now north Antrim would realise that they can't do it alone - the glens are not a hurling stronghold at all when it comes to inter county hurling.
who said they didnt have belfast lads on team??   jesus lad calm down!!   pick someone a put them forward to the conversation and dont get your knickers in a twist!!!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on July 24, 2012, 11:55:25 PM
also heard someone from county had contacted club looking the video.   on mangers note.  id approach James mc naughton from c,dall, Gary o, kane dunloy, and either Aidan mc carry or Neil paterson and see if they would give it a go between them,   not meaning any harm to city clubs by not asking anyone from there :D    just like to see few lads from that good antrim team in and see if they could get the lads pulling together.

Do you think that beaver would get the respect of antrim players. I would have my doubts. He disappeared off the planet for nearly 20 years. Class player but not a great servant to hurling since he pulled the pin.

Agree with MR re the Antrim job. Tough position to do "well" (whatever that is) in it would seem.
i didnt say it had to be him skull,  doesnt even have to be l,guile man,  thats just my thinking of getting few lads who has been round the block, and might have respect of players.

Seamroga in exile

Lads, just a light interjection into this debate for a while. I was browsing the O'Neill's website this morning and stumbled upon this page:

http://www.oneills.com/gift-ideas/club-helmets/ulster/antrim.html

And just to prove I'm not that biased, the Dunloy helmet:

What do we think of the idea of clubs/counties adopting the club/county coloured and crested helmet as an official piece of the whole kit? I've been talking about this to a few lads and to be fair they're indifferent about it but I think it would look class. Just an idea, I think i remember Cork taking the field with all red/white helmets a few years back.

On another note, no feckin Loughgiel helmets on that site!!!!!!!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 25, 2012, 06:22:50 AM

They don't make any big enough for Loughgeil lads......  ;D

Forgot about Jimbo McKernan, would he not take the Antrim job again or is the cost of a new set of trainers to match the white shirt and matching trousers too much?

NAG1

JC for God's sake, dont be starting HS off again man!

Saffrongael

James McNaughtons presence might rule out a few Cushendall players !
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

saffron89

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 25, 2012, 09:01:45 AM
James McNaughtons presence might rule out a few Cushendall players !

and a few cushendall players

Culbert mighten be the worst idea, i'd say there would be no complaints from Cushendall / st galls or most people, until a few months in.

Culbert with Cahill as coach

what about some of the development officers within county, are they allowed to take a role with minors or u21's or do they have to stick with development squads, or are they allowed with them????

how many development officers do we have???

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on July 25, 2012, 09:21:36 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 25, 2012, 08:44:40 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 25, 2012, 06:22:50 AM

They don't make any big enough for Loughgeil lads......  ;D

Forgot about Jimbo McKernan, would he not take the Antrim job again or is the cost of a new set of trainers to match the white shirt and matching trousers too much?
Don't forget a new tracksuit and bike for Digger.

Digger needs a new backpack as well after he bust the zip on his last one when with Down. It just couldn't hold out to all the sandwiches and hurling balls stuffed into it every night.

manballandall

Culbert a great trainer in terms of physical fitness and strength and conditioning...not sure about managing though.

Has he ever managed a hurling team ?

maxpower

Was involved with Antrim hurling before he was involved with the football squad
What happens next????

manballandall

Jackie Webb involved with antrim for the past few years would love the opportunity.....think he is being lined up for his club post though.

Lives and breathes hurling

NAG1

Quote from: manballandall on July 25, 2012, 12:28:17 PM
Jackie Webb involved with antrim for the past few years would love the opportunity.....think he is being lined up for his club post though.

Lives and breathes hurling

That alone does not make you a viable candidate