Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Buswhacker on June 30, 2012, 05:52:00 PM
Thank God for the Loughgiel players, who whatever you say,gave Antrim hurling some vestige of respectability this year. So no need for snide remarks from the obviously illiterate ( I said illiterate ) north-antrim-hound.Not hard to know his home club.......

are you the clown that posted earlier in the year that Lg reserves should be playing for Antrim. yeah your views carry some weight on here. Hard luck to all the antrim players and Jim nelson. I'm sure JN and the LG players knew they where taking on a poison chalice two weeks  and done it anyway and fair play to them. Its just yourself and and some other posters thought these additions where going to make some difference. you let your superiority complex cloud you judgement and when advised otherwise you completely dismissed it. So to finish off if illiterate means not hitting the spellcheck the odd time guilty as charged but you know jack sh*t about hurling. I told you before don't reply to my post as i was addressing someone with a IQ higher than a tree stump
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

If we (Derry) are lucky enough to get past Down tomorrow, I think we will beat you on Ulster Final. I dont think Antrim will have the stomach for it and I am starting to think that maybe they arent really that far ahead of Derry. I am not on here to rub salt in the wounds either, I was really hoping that Antrim could put up a good show today, gutted for you.

Saffrongael

McGarry at FB and Johnny Campbell at CHB were shocking, McGarry has been tried before and isn't good enough at intercounty level but I suppose he was only a stop gap.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2012, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 30, 2012, 07:15:55 PM
If we (Derry) are lucky enough to get past Down tomorrow, I think we will beat you on Ulster Final. I dont think Antrim will have the stomach for it and I am starting to think that maybe they arent really that far ahead of Derry. I am not on here to rub salt in the wounds either, I was really hoping that Antrim could put up a good show today, gutted for you.
Antrim county hurling is in a bad place right now but we are a long way off being that bad.

+1 if we want another ulster final bad derry will get blew out of the water, if we are not bothered then maybe just maybe

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 30, 2012, 07:16:38 PM
McGarry at FB and Johnny Campbell at CHB were shocking, McGarry has been tried before and isn't good enough at intercounty level but I suppose he was only a stop gap.

where you at the match match who was picking up Dowling i see he helped himself to 4 goals, i presume MC Garry was on Moran who only got two. Who was marking Watson (one point from play) not like him at all.

Milltown Row2

DD must have been smoking weed in the second half!!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

breaking records well done to all concerned with the county set up.

Jim Nelson maybe now will get the message that he isn't the Yoda type figure the shamrocks would have you believe.

if he wanted to take men back surely Ronan McCloskey and some of the up and coming shams would have been better bets.

Johnny campbell has neither the form or enthusiam at this level.  (good service but he is gone at this level)
N McGarry never really at this intercounty level.  Barney is simply too slow at this level.

Now before shams have a go, yes they are the only respectable thing that has happened to antrim in a long time, but come on these men mentioned above are past it at this level.

O'Connell corner back (inspired)

Wallace and players need to shoulder most of blame.  Another embarassment.

no doubt plenty of drinking on way home.

Limerick on other hand are going places.

Intermediate level (no wouldn't have thought so)

Back to grass roots i am afraid, in a big way.  god knows whats ahead of us with the u21 and minor levels.

Fairhead

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 30, 2012, 05:03:10 PM
Lucky all the Loughgiel lads were back!  ;D Jim certainly had the boys playing their own game as promised.

Yeah absolutely. More Div 1 hurlers really do make a difference to our county team  :o

In all seriousness though it was coming. The set up has been a shambles starting with selectors leaving before the Westmeath game, throw in that game and the fall out from it and this is what you get.

Who's going to want the Antrim job next year?

Buswhacker

Back to Intermediate level is our best bet, the Intermediate teams of the Seventies would have beaten that lot we had out today,and the goalkeeper didn't smoke weed. We're just not good enough,full stop.No point in criticising players who were basically helping out.
Want to bet that these same "over the hill players" from LG won't lift another few titles this year ?

theskull1

We just don't have the machine to ever get anywhere close to a force at IC level. All this talk of back to the drawing board implies we have the resource and personel to deliver if we only got ourselves organised. Anybody that thinks that hasn't a clue about hurling in Antrim. Interested coaches are spread so thin in clubs, that decent development squad structures are impossible to deliver IMO (never mind the purse strings and take it or leave it parents). We do what we can and those who are at the coal face deserve credit for keeping the game going. All our senior club champions over the last 30 years have represented the county admirably in the AI club championship so the standard of our top clubs has been as good as other counties.....but we as a population just dont eat and breathe the game in enough places for there to be 20-25 hurlers of true IC standard and a population who row in behind the team and their efforts (not to many Antrim hurlers get jobs on the back of their IC hurling careers). We have too many who want to try and tell us that we have a proud tradition and that we should be at the top level every year when the truth is we had 3/4 decent years at IC in our whole history. Time to reset the expectations

Genuinely think Antrim hurling would be better off not playing IC for a few years...not that thats going to happen 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gold

Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2012, 08:26:08 PM
We just don't have the machine to ever get anywhere close to a force at IC level. All this talk of back to the drawing board implies we have the resource and personel to deliver if we only got ourselves organised. Anybody that thinks that hasn't a clue about hurling in Antrim. Interested coaches are spread so thin in clubs, that decent development squad structures are impossible to deliver IMO (never mind the purse strings and take it or leave it parents). We do what we can and those who are at the coal face deserve credit for keeping the game going. All our senior club champions over the last 30 years have represented the county admirably in the AI club championship so the standard of our top clubs has been as good as other counties.....but we as a population just dont eat and breathe the game in enough places for there to be 20-25 hurlers of true IC standard and a population who row in behind the team and their efforts (not to many Antrim hurlers get jobs on the back of their IC hurling careers). We have too many who want to try and tell us that we have a proud tradition and that we should be at the top level every year when the truth is we had 3/4 decent years at IC in our whole history. Time to reset the expectations

Genuinely think Antrim hurling would be better off not playing IC for a few years...not that thats going to happen

Agree with all bar Intermediate

Would we not walk the Christy Ring?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2012, 08:26:08 PM

110% right.  but lads,  not that am going back to loughgiel. but i watched through the 6 in a row and alot of people ran club mates to the ground, its not so nice hearing people talk shite,   id say any lad who was on that panel today doesnt need to be told what that was and what the whole year was. so how about the slabbers shut the f**k up and stand by the men instead of this bullshit. and MR2 the dig at DD was a joke, expected more.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Glensman

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2012, 10:37:17 PM
OK, time to put this to bed as I think our Loch gCaol lads are taking this too seriously.

What happened today was in no way the fault of Jim Nelson, DD Quinn or any of the Loch gCaol players. I believe that any of the posts suggesting that it was were in jest, tongue in cheek and attempts to get a rise out of the Loch gCaol posters on here. We were sitting ducks for a hiding like that because of the complete shambles that JW left us in. No more, no less. So, relax lads.

Now, we were always going to be beaten handy by that Limerick team as they are on a different level to us (see skull's posts as to why) but we wouldn't have taken a beating like that only for JW and the whole shit he brought with him.

Agree - I didn't see MR2's posts as anything else but a joke. Some people and maybe us all a little need to stop being so defensive and parochial.

Hurler24

Well men after the farce today any predicitions on tomorrows Feis Final?

Sleeping giant

Tough at start,  town to get at least 1 sent of, and shamrocks to pull away at end
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.