Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Ah Christ what a game SIE! I just don't think there's a hurler in Antrim could hold his own on that field! Even winker would do well to step up to that level it's a diff game to club level.

Hardstation I think u made the right call on which match to watch!

Mr2/minder can u let us know how things went in waterfoot?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 24, 2012, 04:59:19 PM
Sounds like there was a big wind minder?

How did the Rossa game play out HS?

I have to confess I gave cork v tipp my attention today?

The wind wasnt a factor, St Galls started well but we had a great second half. Randall McDonnell was outstanding for us at FF.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron89

was at the glenariffe galls game, very enjoyable.  Also caught the second half of the tipp game.  Reckon there are 4/5 lads in antrim that could do well in a game like that if they were subjected to that level

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 24, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
Ah Christ what a game SIE! I just don't think there's a hurler in Antrim could hold his own on that field! Even winker would do well to step up to that level it's a diff game to club level.

Hardstation I think u made the right call on which match to watch!

Mr2/minder can u let us know how things went in waterfoot?
Winker has held his own against Cork before, Eoin Cadogan in particular. 6 points from play against him in croke park a couple of years ago. but sure, he never performs on the big stage.   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

good point SIE, but how did that day end for Liam? Dunloy draw in Portaferry? St Johns narrowly beaten by Cushendall, they could find themselves in Div 2 if they don't turn things around quickly. Wins again for Glenariffe and Rossa in div 2, these two emerging as the only real promotion candidates, Minder do you know when they meet?

Minder

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 24, 2012, 06:34:19 PM
good point SIE, but how did that day end for Liam? Dunloy draw in Portaferry? St Johns narrowly beaten by Cushendall, they could find themselves in Div 2 if they don't turn things around quickly. Wins again for Glenariffe and Rossa in div 2, these two emerging as the only real promotion candidates, Minder do you know when they meet?

5th August in Glenariffe, that is the rearranged one, then 23 September at Rossa.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 24, 2012, 06:34:19 PM
It ended after he was sent off  for striking out at John Gardiner after he'd called him a black northern ****. I'd have taken that red as well.

Still got an all star nomination on the back of it.

btdtgtt

I take all ur points SIE but - can anyone really say the intensity in croke that day was anything like pairc ui Caoimh today?
Cork were not at full pelt - like I say I take ur points but stand by my thoughts on no Antrim player lasting out there today.

Jesusjones

Eoin Cadogan must have called him a black northern **** at the start of the game as well then... I'll bet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on June 24, 2012, 05:39:52 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 24, 2012, 04:59:19 PM
Sounds like there was a big wind minder?

How did the Rossa game play out HS?

I have to confess I gave cork v tipp my attention today?

The wind wasnt a factor, St Galls started well but we had a great second half. Randall McDonnell was outstanding for us at FF.

Didn't see you at the game Minder
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 24, 2012, 07:44:08 PM
Eoin Cadogan must have called him a black northern **** at the start of the game as well then... I'll bet.
More than likely jj.

Seamroga in exile

I hear Dick is getting asked backed as a selector.

saffron89

MR2, I thought you were looking good for the points at half time.  It will take some crazy results for you to get promoted now. 

Looks like Rossa are only team that could beat the Glensmen.  Though who knows when they travel up to the city.

Think Owen Elliot was quite good today, took a strong referee.  These two teams don't seem to like each other.

Where was Stewart?

What were your views on the disallowed goal, didn't know what the problem was with it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on June 24, 2012, 09:48:01 PM
MR2, I thought you were looking good for the points at half time.  It will take some crazy results for you to get promoted now. 

Looks like Rossa are only team that could beat the Glensmen.  Though who knows when they travel up to the city.

Think Owen Elliot was quite good today, took a strong referee.  These two teams don't seem to like each other.

Where was Stewart?

What were your views on the disallowed goal, didn't know what the problem was with it?

Was pleased with the effort considering the team, they put in a great shift for about 50 minutes but ya can't win games scoring only 4 points in the second half. I'd say from the the first game of the season we were missing 9 players. Stewart and Mackers be lucky to play against Cushendall I'd say.

Owen said it was square ball, he was standing on the 65!!

We played well with the direct ball in the first half but Glenariffe came back strong, fair play to them. We don't have the strength in depth.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Mr2 you're impartial / politically correct!
Not at the game obviously but personally hate the square ball rule because nobody can possibly call it accurately therefore it's always controversial.
Still think if everyone had full teams out then falls are the best side in the league bit fair play to Rossa for re grouping.

Think the bookies may stop taking bets on oisins now tho - job done for them.

Hardstation - can u really see Rossa winning in waterfoot?