Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

So is it possible mc shane and cassidy may not have known they were sent off?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on June 20, 2012, 10:20:30 PM
So is it possible mc shane and cassidy may not have known they were sent off?

It's all down to the referee's report, if the referee noted their names then they will get suspended, but it takes a while before the thing gets done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2012, 10:16:08 PM
Quote from: manballandall on June 20, 2012, 10:04:26 PM
Are playing and non playing sending offs not different?

Totally different, non playing offenders don't actually get shown a red card, their name is noted and when then the match report is sent in then they will get called to the county board and given their punishment, or not, depending on what club your from or if you're a county player ;)

Very good mr2!
Accurate in law and accurate in your little point to finish. I like it!

Mentors may have been reported rather than sent off / red card. The former means one can continue as normal until such time as the discipline committee suspend them. Where as a red card shown to a player during the game for example would yield an instant suspension.

Is there any point me going to the caravan and taking in galls v waterfoot mr2?
Was set for game of season but not if your boys are still out?

Milltown Row2

Don't bother heading down, we will be lucky to stay with Glenariffe. We will just wait till the 2nd of September, hopefully we will have eceryone fit and raring to go at Casement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

2nd sept? Championship v dall?
Date but late this year no?

Shame if ur league effort falls off.

Buswhacker

At least there seems to be some interest in Div 2. Div 1 seems pointless as nobody seems to care about it.

NAG1

Sure Bush there wasn't even a trophy for Div one until recently there if my memory serves me correctly.

saffron89

mr2 hope there will be some sort of a show.  Heading down to the glens and hope to take in a game.  i feel however currently none of the division 2 teams would be fit to compete over a league campaign and remain in division 1.

St galls with dual problems and talking to a Glenariffe man at a wedding last weekend who claims they are just holding things together themselves.  He reckons during the week it can be dodgy if they have a team.  Many of the lads are working abroad.

This is a trend throughout alot of clubs with lads moving to the UK or further afield and the work prospects don't seem to be getting any better.

Division one teams will be able to survive and little better due to bigger squads

On the county set up.

Jim Nelson fair play for stepping in  HOWEVER is there any point in wiping the eye of the panel that has given up 3 nights per week and numerous weekends by letting approx 5 players in for the final 2 weeks.  Lets face it, the game is more than likely beyond us.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on June 21, 2012, 06:07:27 PM
mr2 hope there will be some sort of a show.  Heading down to the glens and hope to take in a game. i feel however currently none of the division 2 teams would be fit to compete over a league campaign and remain in division 1.
St galls with dual problems and talking to a Glenariffe man at a wedding last weekend who claims they are just holding things together themselves.  He reckons during the week it can be dodgy if they have a team.  Many of the lads are working abroad.

This is a trend throughout alot of clubs with lads moving to the UK or further afield and the work prospects don't seem to be getting any better.

Division one teams will be able to survive and little better due to bigger squads

On the county set up.

Jim Nelson fair play for stepping in  HOWEVER is there any point in wiping the eye of the panel that has given up 3 nights per week and numerous weekends by letting approx 5 players in for the final 2 weeks.  Lets face it, the game is more than likely beyond us.

That would be a very fair assessment. I thought the way we started the league we could have competed but with injuries and and other excuses for league games, it's not the case. Would need a bigger more competitive panel to deal with the league I think, with less distractions and a bitta luck.

When we were last in Div 1 we targeted games that we thought we'd be competitive and ensured we had our best available panel for those games. Worked for a right few seasons but eventually ya get caught.

btdtgtt

Yes saff & mr2 I agree.

In essence that's the difference between the one off massive championship effort compared to sustained league season.

Whilst div2 is exciting in itself I don't see a team with not lacking in either commitment or panel strong enough for div1 consistency.

Granted i have only seen Glenarrife once in milltown this year but their yo-yo suggests they are too good for div2 but not up to div1.

CitySlicker11

A few players have walked since the introduction of these boys who have not trained all year and walking in at a late stage? IMO I don't blame the ones that have received their first call up, however, the ones that were invited along at the start of the year and declined, but have now returned are the ones in the wrong here.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 22, 2012, 02:06:12 AM
A few players have walked since the introduction of these boys who have not trained all year and walking in at a late stage? IMO I don't blame the ones that have received their first call up, however, the ones that were invited along at the start of the year and declined, but have now returned are the ones in the wrong here.
No, you've got it wrong. All the fellas who have been training all year are all still there along with the 5 lg lads, of which only 2 have "returned" as you put it. The other 3 were not there previously.

The Cushendall lads that didn't turn up on Tuesday were new to the panel also. The Dall players that were there previously all showed up on Tuesday night. This seems to have been missed by some on here.

There's a challenge match tomorrow for Antrim and everyone that was called up on Tuesday has been called up for tomorrow as well. Let's hope they all show up, eh?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

sie, it will remain to be seen who travels to limerick for the game.

However point remains for the sake of two weeks, thought it was unnecessary upheaval for a squad that had been through the mill.

the whole situation seems a little ridiculous regards people going and returning (both management and players).

Even if Jim looked on this as a 3 year plan still unsure of the reasoning for introducing more players into the squad.  There are Antrim lads who put in the effort this year and that good or bad is the panel this year.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 22, 2012, 06:22:23 AM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 22, 2012, 02:06:12 AM
No, you've got it wrong. All the fellas who have been training all year are all still there along with the 5 lg lads, of which only 2 have "returned" as you put it. The other 3 were not there previously.

The Cushendall lads that didn't turn up on Tuesday were new to the panel also. The Dall players that were there previously all showed up on Tuesday night. This seems to have been missed by some on here.

There's a challenge match tomorrow for Antrim and everyone that was called up on Tuesday has been called up for tomorrow as well. Let's hope they all show up, eh?

Who we playing?

btdtgtt

Quote from: saffron89 on June 22, 2012, 07:57:20 AM
sie, it will remain to be seen who travels to limerick for the game.

However point remains for the sake of two weeks, thought it was unnecessary upheaval for a squad that had been through the mill.

the whole situation seems a little ridiculous regards people going and returning (both management and players).
Even if Jim looked on this as a 3 year plan still unsure of the reasoning for introducing more players into the squad.  There are Antrim lads who put in the effort this year and that good or bad is the panel this year.

Quite right - and would it happen in any other county - I think not.