Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

15-7 up at half time against ballycran.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Ft. Ballycran 2-08 shamrocks 1-25. No winker, Skinner or Ronan.

btdtgtt

Well first off I would have to say its was a poor standard at milltown. Pitch didn't look great but generally first touches all over the place.

I agree hardstation Rossa shooting was shocking particularly in first half - perhaps ur umpire might have been better playing instead of talking? bell was excellent in full back and close made a difference when brought on.
Couple of galls goals looked enough but Rossa just pegged enough on in the 2nd half.
I thought Kieran mc gourty was grand and Gallagher didn't deserve to be on losing side. Think galls will be angry at losing especially missing the frees at the end.

All in all I come away thinking Glenarrife to go up.

Mr2 - how will 2 defeats affect ur dual players hurling commitments?

Hardstation - interesting how 2 old faithfuls on line have turned round from McCullough?

Seamroga in exile

What happened between the town and portaferry?

Saffrongael

Antrim Chairman Jim Murray has confirmed that Jerry Wallace has re joined the Antrim hurling management team in a selector role. Jerry was on the sideline last Friday when Antrim played out a 2.16 to 2.14 defeat to Wexford in a challenge match.

Jim Murray said,

"We were disappointed when Jerry resigned last week, he brought a lot to the Antrim set up since January. When he made himself available to Jim and the managerial set up the response was very positive. Jerry knows the players very well and it would be foolish not to capitalise on the that insight and experience.

"You can probably say that we have travelled a strange road over the last ten days or so, but the end result is a managerial team, led by Jim Nelson, which is totally focussed on the upcoming games.

"The draw for the football qualifiers is tomorrow morning and we will know then what games our senior teams have coming up. I urge everyone to get behind the teams now and show your support for Antrim over the coming weeks. Both squads are training at full tilt and they deserve support."
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Lecale2

Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2012, 07:38:39 PM
Johnnies in big trouble.
Why? Lost away to Ballygalget?

gelvis

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 17, 2012, 07:09:05 PM

Hearing 2 Dallat twins sent off along with most of Bcastles management team before someone attacked ref (O'Reilly) and game abandoned?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2012, 04:45:36 PM
We won by a point. Made hard work of it. Hit a bucketful of wides.

Half time lead flatered us, Rossa missed, I'd say in the first half 12 frees!! Should have been six up instead, we were. Fair play Rossa coming back into the game and winning.

btdtgtt, how did Mackers and Stewarty play?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2012, 08:11:17 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on June 17, 2012, 07:47:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2012, 07:38:39 PM
Johnnies in big trouble.
Why? Lost away to Ballygalget?
Aye. That's them bottom with some very difficult games coming up. Hard to see them getting many more points.

WTF are Ballycastle at?

Poor Terry!!!! Hope he wasn't hurt!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Glenariffe slaughtering Carey.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Yip mr2 they were missed - I think if Karl plays galls win.

Hopefully ur boys keep the push on - Gallagher much more than just Atheletes I was impressed by his hurling. Would be addition for Nelson?

What's story with ballycastle anyone?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: gelvis on June 17, 2012, 08:08:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 17, 2012, 07:09:05 PM

Hearing 2 Dallat twins sent off along with most of Bcastles management team before someone attacked ref (O'Reilly) and game abandoned?
Cormac Donnelly not impressed, according to his tweets.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 17, 2012, 08:24:22 PM
Yip mr2 they were missed - I think if Karl plays galls win.

Hopefully ur boys keep the push on - Gallagher much more than just Atheletes I was impressed by his hurling. Would be addition for Nelson?

What's story with ballycastle anyone?

Aidso went to the trials at the start of the season and was keen to make an impression, but Baker give him the captains armband!!

Karl out, needs rested. Mackers in same boat. Even playing bad today we could have stole it

Move er on

You really are lacking a forward milltown. Rossa should have won at a canter with the amount of wides they hit. Galls defense was impressive in the second half- could half been more. Shannon, armstrong, kmcg, aidso, rossa 10 and galls 8 the stand out players.

saffron89

so jerry a selector, good to see, he is a good man to have about the set up, just not a no 1.  Hopefully that sly oul fox Jim will handle press.

Don't think the Glenariffe Juggernaut is going to be stopped.  Though they may have that yo yo effect.  Unless the ards teams keep going backwards as they have been.

Interesting news coming out of Ballycastle.  Discipline seems to be a real issue.  If the news is to be believed there could be quite serious ramifications for the club.  Might give Super Dessie the chance to go down the appeal routes again.

All this when the shams are still beating everyone with out everyone.  What a set up.

good weekend of sport.  Enjoyable seeing / hearing Davy fitz on the sideline.  Plenty of knackers on both sides.