Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

You loughgiel boys will maybe know better than the rest of us ;) I'd be happy if we could get Martin Scullion and Campbell back into the team, frees Neil up to move forward and gives better all round cover while we are missing Hippy.

manballandall

neither played against sarsfields apart from karls last ten minute appearance. He really shouldn't have though and shouldn't be playing at all and neither have fully recovered. I hope for our sake they both play but at this stage I doubt it.

btdtgtt

Manandball - mr2 has taught you well! Poor st galls never have any players available then comes along the most magic of sponges for the game!
You should lend it to Jim Nelson he might get the 89 team back playing!

CitySlicker11

Seems to be generating a lot of focus this city derby on Sunday, I was up at the first one where St Galls with their goals tore Rossa apart, however, if what is being touted on here is true that Karl Stewart and the boy Mackers are out, who were arguably St Galls best two players that night, I would have Rossa as favorites for the game on Sunday. Is that the general consensus?

btdtgtt

Karl & mackers both to play - and galls to win.

Rossa's couple of wins over lesser teams doesn't convince me they are back competing with top teams since their early troubles. No Hamill or close playing HS?

Lamh dearg and the paddies could with getting back on track also.

manballandall

What I'm saying is not without foundation. Neither have played in the last few games for st galls yet both were on the sideline. Neither has played football either. Karl didn't play for county. Not about poor st galls. That's the facts. We have players available alright but just at the minute those 2 aren't although I hope for our sake they are. Whether they are or not you can be guaranteed we will give it a lash anyway. And MR2 never taught me anything in his life, more the other way round:)

CitySlicker11

Could be correct but Carey had been going pretty well and would have fancied their chances v Rossa. I would have had St Galls as favorites for this one a few weeks ago, but a couple of wins for Rossa and a loss for St Galls recently may have changed that. Suppose these games come down to player availability and which team can get closest to their strongest team should take the points. Wouldn't be surprised to see a draw also. Rossa have Glenariffe and Lamh Dhearg in quick succession after Sunday so the league table well tell a much clearer picture in a few weeks time.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on June 12, 2012, 12:15:29 PM
Technically is that not now two Derry men in charge of the town?

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 12, 2012, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 12, 2012, 12:15:29 PM
Technically is that not now two Derry men in charge of the town?
Aye I think he lives out Maghera direction these days.

Is that MMcS you mean that lives there? hahaha  if that makes him a Derry man JC is an Antrim man.

NAG1

Blackandamber I thought he (JC) was a Loughgiel man  :D

Seamroga in exile

He's an honorary loughgiel man anyway. What a great honour for him.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 12, 2012, 10:47:22 PM
Karl & mackers both to play - and galls to win.

Rossa's couple of wins over lesser teams doesn't convince me they are back competing with top teams since their early troubles. No Hamill or close playing HS?

Lamh dearg and the paddies could with getting back on track also.

Glenariffe are top so they are favourites to win the league. We will try and win on Friday night first and worry about Rossa on Sunday. Must say btdtgtt you are very interested in Belfast club hurling, it's great to have neutrals out there who mad keen on Belfast hurling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 13, 2012, 11:02:30 AM
Why have you put 'mackers' in bold but not commented on him?

Was going to say his older brother 'Mackers' has a better chance to play on Sunday :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 13, 2012, 10:29:56 AM
He's an honorary loughgiel man anyway. What a great honour for him.  ;)

is feis cup on tonight dunloy v shamrocks could you post updates as i have to work,i can use my phone
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Jaysus boys, isn't it wonderful the things you hear. Apparently JW hasn't totally left the Antrim set up. He'll be training the players but will have no control over panel selection or team selection, that'll be JN's job. What do we think of that?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1