Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Not sure of the full story but could there not have been attempts made to keep Dinny Cahill on as manager and bring JW in as a coach at the end of last season, this worked great for us in 2010. Or was it a case of JW was on a power trip and wanted the job outright. Have spoke to players who backed up his coaching credentials, but also alluded to what was discussed on here regarding not listening to his selectors.

Onthehill

Jerry. Jerry. Jerry.
What were you thinking my son.

Last ounce of credibility gone.

drici

Quote from: Onthehill on June 08, 2012, 04:49:10 PM

Jerry. Jerry. Jerry.

Gone with immediate effect.

orangeman

Deary me.

What's the world coming to lads.

She's couped !

clootfromthe21

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

Who is the favourite to step in at this stage? Who would even want to!

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2012, 05:23:05 PM
Good riddance. What an awful effort.

I'll say it again. Why is it that we shaft managers only to replace them with terrible ones?

I'll say it again also, I think everyone was delighted that he was appointed. You can't blame the County for some of the stuff that has happened.

Dick to come back in with Colly McFall?
the difference between success and failure is energy

clootfromthe21

Quote from: the colonel on June 08, 2012, 05:25:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2012, 05:23:05 PM
Good riddance. What an awful effort.

I'll say it again. Why is it that we shaft managers only to replace them with terrible ones?

I'll say it again also, I think everyone was delighted that he was appointed. You can't blame the County for some of the stuff that has happened.

Dick to come back in with Colly McFall?

I agree Colonel - everyone was delighted with the appointment at the time.

Who to step into the breach?

Jim Nelson?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

Jim could be ideal on a short term deal until the end of year (sounds very soccer like) but i'm sure he would get everyone playing for the one cause, which is what we need more than anything.

Milltown Row2

If we are being honest it will be for one game!! Limerick showed against Tipp in the last match that they have done a great deal of work. Only for running out of steam late on they could have beaten Tipp. We couldn't beat Westmeath last day out, tells it's own story.

We'd need a game like we did against Dublin 2 years ago to make a game of it but I doubt it's in the locker.

Might head down, 4 hour trip?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

I dread to think whose waiting in the wings, will we be surprised. Thought JW was making the right noises, w/ Meath match aside. Still slightly confused as to what has went on!?!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 08, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
I dread to think whose waiting in the wings, will we be surprised. Thought JW was making the right noises, w/ Meath match aside. Still slightly confused as to what has went on!?!

Most big county managers can influence the media down there, Jerry came from a cork background so he knows the score. one example is the derrydresk media slaughter a few months back. But to come out an tell all in the national press about it takes the biscuit. talk about putting yourself in a corner, just to justify his outburst on hippy and not going near the players after the match. I would say after the way he has handled this no county down there would touch him with a barge pole now.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets