Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

It was intense enough. shamrocks won by 2. 2-11 to 1-12. Both teams guilty of missing chances.  Loughgiel won the first half, cushendall the second.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Buswhacker

Loughgiel miss Watson,if only for free taking.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 06, 2012, 09:13:23 PM
It was intense enough. shamrocks won by 2. 2-11 to 1-12. Both teams guilty of missing chances.  Loughgiel won the first half, cushendall the second.

Any rested  ;) players?.........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2012, 09:23:44 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 06, 2012, 09:13:23 PM

Any rested  ;) players?.........
Well, Winker has a sore calf muscle, afaik. Tried Scully up in ff. He caught a couple of great balls early on but apart from that didn't really do much else. Moved him back into chb half way into the 2nd half as the Dall were dominating at that point. Shay got the 2 goals.

Jesusjones

Decent game with a bit of bite in it too. We gave away 2 shocking goals, other than that nothing between the sides. On another point I thought Eamon Hasson had a decent game and deserves a bit of credit.

manballandall

How did county players do for the dall?

tom moore83

Neil played the way he plays every game......on his own. Would'nt pass to anyone. Fair enough game but say Loughgiel definately feeling better tonight. They are easily the team to beat and will take alot of beating.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: tom moore83 on June 06, 2012, 11:20:16 PM
Neil played the way he plays every game......on his own. Would'nt pass to anyone. Fair enough game but say Loughgiel definately feeling better tonight. They are easily the team to beat and will take alot of beating.
I thought he'd little option at times, he scored a couple of great points in the second half. I'd play him at chb all the same.

We should only get sharper from here on in Tom. Training is starting soon. We missed a good free taker last night with the absence of winker. As one of our players said on facebook last night "In all my days hurlin I can safely say we have never played a match that we never scored 1 free in and won, holy moly as duck would say...".

saffron89

Jerry this is turning out to be a real circus

Stop now before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself

RTÉ chiefs say analysts were not contacted by Wallace
By Michael Moynihan

Friday, June 08, 2012

RTÉ bosses have asked pundits on The Sunday Game if inter-county managers are asking them to play down the seriousness of incidents in games following comments by Antrim senior hurling manager Jerry Wallace earlier in the week.

Wallace said last Monday he had contacted panellists on The Sunday Game last week to ask them to play down the seriousness of events in the Antrim-Westmeath Leinster SHC clash two weeks ago.

During that game Antrim player Cormac Donnelly, who was unavailable to play, was a maor foirne for the northern side but got involved with a Westmeath player, an incident for which he was later suspended for eight weeks.

Wallace told the Irish News earlier in the week: "On the day of the match I approached the RTÉ crew that were there for The Sunday Game and asked them could they lose that video but their director of sport had already got ahead of me and made sure they had it.

"I had met with Brian Carthy who had done commentary on the match for RTÉ. I rang three of the analysts who were working for The Sunday Game so that when it came up they would deflate it."

The Antrim boss also said he had asked match referee Anthony Stapleton to reconsider his match report.

However, the broadcaster has issued a statement rejecting those claims, stating: "RTÉ can confirm that none of The Sunday Game panellists on the programme featuring Antrim v Westmeath on the weekend of May 19/20 received any contact from Antrim Senior Hurling manager Jerry Wallace.

"In addition, none of the RTÉ Sport crew were approached regarding the footage from the game by Jerry Wallace as alleged.

"RTÉ is not aware of any county in the past contacting The Sunday Game panellists in an attempt to influence their opinions on our programming.

"Our editorial independence is of the upmost importance to us right across our sports coverage."

In recent years some observers have ascribed undue influence to the pundits on The Sunday Game, suggesting that some GAA disciplinary actions are based on what pundits focus on in the popular television programme.

btdtgtt

Lost for words...
ONLY IN ANTRIM.

Milltown Row2

So Dick and Sambo were right to leave?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2012, 11:31:22 AM
So Dick and Sambo were right to leave?

Dick yes,

Sambo definitely not   ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2012, 11:08:36 AM
Wrap it up for the year and send thon header back down the fcukin road.

Do the players still not speak highly of Wallace?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Do the players still not speak highly of Wallace?

As a coach I was led to believe

DearyMe

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 08, 2012, 10:59:58 AM
Lost for words...
ONLY IN ANTRIM.

Deary deary me... have to concur with the above reaction!
I actually burst out laughing at HS there.

No words to explain this - like a under 10 gettin caught out telling lies!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!